Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Banner Contest 3.0: Did someone say themes? (Winners announced!)

Nohbdy

Well, the banner looks a little better then I thought when actually on the site.

Another thing, though I did not expect to win or be a runner up or even get a decent number of votes whatsoever, I am legitimately shocked that my entry, entry #16, was the only entry to receive zero votes. Even entry #15 got one, and it was that entry that was done in ten seconds tops! I really need some explanation.

But, you know, it was a good game, and it's over. Happy for everyone.

• Brohoof 1

@,

The reason those got votes and yours didn't was because they voted for themselves. Duh.

I think the reason yours got 0 votes was because you didn't vote for yourself, and your banner was kinda bland. It didn't have any -pizzazz-, you know? Also, the 'MLP' portion looked really out of place and the banner was cut off on the end of the right side. Also, those apples looked like they were just rotated. So does that 'MLP'. And that cloud and lightning bolt also looks really out of place.

It's just that your banner got outshined by some better ones.

• Brohoof 1

Well, the banner looks a little better then I thought when actually on the site.

Another thing, though I did not expect to win or be a runner up or even get a decent number of votes whatsoever, I am legitimately shocked that my entry, entry #16, was the only entry to receive zero votes. Even entry #15 got one, and it was that entry that was done in ten seconds tops! I really need some explanation.

But, you know, it was a good game, and it's over. Happy for everyone.

The Banner 15 creator probably voted for themselves. It looks too Microsoft Word for my liking. As a person who likes messing with art and graphics and that kind of stuff, that banner actually really annoys me (no offence banner 15 creator)

Your banner isn't bad or anything, in fact if I didn't do the "vote for myself" thing (which you should've done too!) I would've seriously considered it. The only thing I find particularly weird is that Applejack is lasso-ing (or whatever you call that) with her tail and the letter seems to just magically float into the rope. Get rid of the weird rope thing and it would look better, in my opinion. I would honestly place it above #3, #4, #6, #7, #10, #15, #20 and #23, and almost above my own banner #2, though.

@,

The reason those got votes and yours didn't was because they voted for themselves. Duh.

I think the reason yours got 0 votes was because you didn't vote for yourself, and your banner was kinda bland. It didn't have any -pizzazz-, you know? Also, the 'MLP' portion looked really out of place and the banner was cut off on the end of the right side. Also, those apples looked like they were just rotated. So does that 'MLP'. And that cloud and lightning bolt also looks really out of place.

It's just that your banner got outshined by some better ones.

I know it got outshined. It's really not that good. I really would have been fine with getting no votes if the one that was clearly the worst didn't get any as well.

Edited by Nightmare Robot

Good contest everypony and congrats to the winner. I honestly didn't even expect to be in second place so i'm content with that. I do believe the rules should be tweaked to make it so you can't divert from the theme by adding other characters. That way the only variable is the design. I'm all for a more fair contest. 

• Brohoof 2

Well done everyone who entered! Mine was number 21 and I DIDNT vote for my own... I actually voted number 18... However I was really touched to see people voting for mine, especially since I thought mine was by no means one of the good ones... thank you to everyone who voted and congratulations to the winner!

• Brohoof 2

Neat!

Honestly I think banner no 2 did much better than banner no 1. The winning banner had problem blending in to the site. The banner became a square picture, since the edges were visible. And because it was a partially transparent picture it looked great (awesomely great) on a white background, but with the mlp forums background, the colors didn't comply. So in the future I hope no pictures with visible edges or half transparency win. 

• Brohoof 1

Wait, why is the second prize winner instead up now?

Banners are being changed on a weekly basis to give more banners the chance to shine, and to provide more variety each month. In future contests, it should also help reduce the impact of character bias (real or imagined), because it'd be a shame to restrict banners to just one character. Finally, we used to change banners weekly until a few months ago. Hopefully, we'll be able to fully resume our former practice. Hope that answers your question!

• Brohoof 5