Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Epic Death Battle! Luna VS Jigglypuff!

Kel_Grym

Princess Luna VS Jigglypuff Death Battle  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Princess Luna vs Jigglypuff -- Who would win?

• Princess Luna's gonna have some new gum to chew
    • Jigglypuff is gonna put the Lunar Princess to bed once and for all

I dunno.

Lv.100 Jigglypuff can take on a lot of powerful pokemon. She can also old her own fairly well in a Smash Brawl. How well would Luna contend if she falls for Jigglypuff's lullaby?

Jigglypuff's surprisingly powerful in Super Smash Bros, albeit really hard to use. Then again, Luna is an Alicorn... Hm...

Can Jigglypuff put Luna to sleep knowing that Luna can travel through dreams?

Jigglypuff's surprisingly powerful in Super Smash Bros, albeit really hard to use. Then again, Luna is an Alicorn... Hm...

Can Jigglypuff put Luna to sleep knowing that Luna can travel through dreams?

The main reason why I thought this would be an interesting match up.

Personally, I don't think being able to travel through dreams is gonna help Luna if she's put to sleep.

And while Luna is powerful, being immortal does not mean that she cannot be killed.

Jigglypuff, being a pokemon, has a vast arsenal of special moves she can pick from, however being a pokemon means that she can only be equipped with four of em.

So I guess the question is, which set of moves could Jiggly puff be equipped with that would make her the most lethal to Luna?

Hm... Princess of everything under the Moon, or Fluffle Puff shaved... Hm... *Clicks the Luna vote

Also, Luna controls the time which most creatures sleep, she obviously must be very good at staying awake

Little bit of a illogical jump don't you think?

She just controls the movement of the moon, probably has some lethal blasts, can no doubt do her shield, can fly, impale, buck, and shout really really loud.

Her shouting might actually be her best weapon since she can use that to possibly stun Jigglypuff.

However, there is nothing canon that even implies that she can resist sleep spells.

Little bit of a illogical jump don't you think?

She just controls the movement of the moon, probably has some lethal blasts, can no doubt do her shield, can fly, impale, buck, and shout really really loud.

Her shouting might actually be her best weapon since she can use that to possibly stun Jigglypuff.

However, there is nothing canon that even implies that she can resist sleep spells.

Shhhhh I am trying make her more OP! You're ruining my attempts to make her the strongest thing possible!!! :P

• Brohoof 1

...I have two very different responses on this topic. The question is: how seriously are we supposed to take this match-up?

This is a super duper serious topic. Srsly.

Somepony could die.

Probably Luna.

This is a super duper serious topic. Srsly.

Somepony could die.

Probably Luna.

I see.

...Starting small, then. Luna takes to the air, picks up Canterlot city and hurls it at Jigglypuff.

I see.

...Starting small, then. Luna takes to the air, picks up Canterlot city and hurls it at Jigglypuff.

WUT.jpg

Fo Rizzle?

I highly doubt Luna can pick up all of Canterlot Castle.

She'd be too charmed by Jigglypuff's cuteness to do so anyways, even if she could.

I

WUT.jpg

Fo Rizzle?

I highly doubt Luna can pick up all of Canterlot Castle.

She'd be too charmed by Jigglypuff's cuteness to do so anyways, even if she could.

I

That's Canterlot City, and that doesn't even require a fraction of the energy needed to move the moon.

And Cute Charm only works when someone makes physical contact with you, and only with a 30% chance. Jigglypuff is going to be buried under several millions of tons of rubble before it ever gets to that.

(edited)

That's Canterlot City, and that doesn't even require a fraction of the energy needed to move the moon.

And Cute Charm only works when someone makes physical contact with you, and only with a 30% chance. Jigglypuff is going to be buried under several millions of tons of rubble before it ever gets to that.

Luna may be able to move the Moon, but that's due to a spell via Alicorn Magic.

If Luna really had enough power to lift all of canterlot castle, then she would have dispatched Tirek by herself early on.

She can move the moon, but only the moon. She could probably lift large heavy boulders, but there isn't anything canon that suggests that she can lift a castle.

Now what is Luna gonna do when Jiggly puff hits her with Perish song? (edit: forgot that takes out jigglypuff too)

What happens when Jiggly puff follows up with Diable, Sweet Kiss, or Solar Beam (TM move)?

Edited by Minister KelGrym

Luna may be able to move the Moon, but that's due to a spell via Alicorn Magic.

If Luna really had enough power to lift all of canterlot castle, then she would have dispatched Tirek by herself early on.

She can move the moon, but only the moon. She could probably lift large heavy boulders, but there isn't anything canon that suggests that she can lift a castle.

Now what is Luna gonna do when Jiggly puff hits her with Perish song? (edit: forgot that takes out jigglypuff too)

What happens when Jiggly puff follows up with Diable, Sweet Kiss, or Solar Beam (TM move)?

Not at all, actually. Discord did it with no particular spell. Twilight did it without one either. Before Celestia and Luna, the unicorn tribes carted the celestial bodies through the sky. If you read the comics, Luna's also moved the sun twice, once while Celestia was in another universe. All it takes is enough magical energy to do so. 

It's not like she's not out of options even then, though. She turns Jigglypuff into a potted plant, or teleports her a mile beneath Equestria. Gravity spells, weather manipulation... these are basic things any unicorn that focuses on magic would know.

Edited by Shimmer5000

Not at all, actually. Discord did it with no particular spell. Twilight did it without one either. Before Celestia and Luna, the unicorn tribes carted the celestial bodies through the sky. If you read the comics, Luna's also moved the sun twice, once while Celestia was in another universe. All it takes is enough magical energy to do so. 

It's not like she's not out of options even then, though. She turns Jigglypuff into a potted plant, or teleports her a mile beneath Equestria. Gravity spells, weather manipulation... these are basic things any unicorn that focuses on magic would know.

Again, moving Celestial objects is a different kind of magic. It doesn't matter if she moved the sun or not, the point is that the power put into moving celestial objects doesn't translate into the same force used to move terrestrial objects, or else defeating Tirek would have been a walk in the park. All they would have had to do is spear him with a few mountains...

Twilight had all three of the Princess's powers and she still had trouble defeating Tirek, but did you ever see her uproot mountains with her power? She could punch holes through them, maybe even blast them to bits, but if you cut that power down to 3/4ths, do you really see Luna picking up Canterlot?

The power to move celestial bodies does not translate to moving terrestrial objects.

However, I will grant that teleport would be an effective move to put Jigglypuff out of play, if it wasn't for the fact that Jigglypuff can use copycat, so she could teleport herself right out of anyplace Luna puts her.

Again, moving Celestial objects is a different kind of magic. It doesn't matter if she moved the sun or not, the point is that the power put into moving celestial objects doesn't translate into the same force used to move terrestrial objects, or else defeating Tirek would have been a walk in the park. All they would have had to do is spear him with a few mountains...

Twilight had all three of the Princess's powers and she still had trouble defeating Tirek, but did you ever see her uproot mountains with her power? She could punch holes through them, maybe even blast them to bits, but if you cut that power down to 3/4ths, do you really see Luna picking up Canterlot?

The power to move celestial bodies does not translate to moving terrestrial objects.

However, I will grant that teleport would be an effective move to put Jigglypuff out of play, if it wasn't for the fact that Jigglypuff can use copycat, so she could teleport herself right out of anyplace Luna puts her.

Well, burden of proof really falls on you to prove that. We already know it has nothing to do with being an alicorn, since the unicorn tribe moved them before the alicorns, and Starswirl moved the sun and moon for days at a time. It has nothing to do with Luna, since Celestia moved the moon while Luna was banished. We also know it has nothing to do with spells, since Twilight did it without one. All of it suggests its just an energy requirement like all magic in the MLP world, meaning you have to prove why its not.

And that's faulty logic; just because you didn't do something, doesn't mean you can't, especially when it's already very much within your scope of abilities and power level. It's like saying Superman can't pick up a continent because he's never done it, when he's pushed moons and planets. It's like saying you can't pick up a car when you've already picked the statue of liberty. As it stands, the energy necessary to move the sun and moon is greater than the energy necessary to blow up a mountain. It doesn't really matter why she didn't do it.

Edited by Shimmer5000