Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Tower of Magic

madpenguin44

@@madpenguin44

With quick movements, Crimson slashed at the strange unicorn. It didn't seem to really move at all, so it would probably be an easy kill. He saw the incoming spear and moved with it for a final blow to the unicorns chest. "Yeah! Try dodging this you red eyed freak!" Crimson yelled out as he went in for the kill.

Edited by Prince Blackquill

Drill stared as Crimson Blade finally killed the unicorn with a stab to the chest. Drill Horn sighed heavily. "Woo! That, WAS AWESOME!" He got up and started walking towards what was now a dead corpse of the pony. "Well, that was unexpected! I'm guessing this tower is full of these guys". Drill took a good look at the other unicorns that volunteered to also explore the deadly tower. "I guess we should introduce ourselves since we'll be fighting to death together... I'm Drill Horn, it's nice to meet all of you brave ponies!"

Crimson slid his blade out of the corpse and sheathed his blade, he then turned to the other ponies. "I think I announced my name earlier, but I'll introduce myself again. I am Crimson Blade, Former Captain of the Royal Killikian Guard" Crimson said with a serious look. "And yes, your right, though this one was weak and it seemed like its only purpose was to scare us... I'm sure there will be more like it, maybe even stronger as we proceed through the tower." Crimson smirked, "I hope your ready to explore this tower knowing the dangers that we must face."

Edited by Prince Blackquill

Ocean relenquished the javelin from his magic, and went over to greet the other ponies. "Hi I'm Ocean Melody. It's nice to meet you all. Crimson glad to have along with us. It'll be nice to have you along later when the fighting get tough. Same with you Drill we'll need more weapons later on. So anypony have any idea of what to do next." Ocean melody said calmy

"Well, I see stairs over there, so i'm assuming that goes farther up the tower". Drill Horn started walking towards the stairs. When he approached it, a sign on it said "Beware! Do NOT go up alone!" "That's not a good sign. Haha... Get it? It's a sign and it- ah nevermind. Still, that doesn't sound welcoming".

"It's a good thing were not going up alone then. Whatever happens we will do this together. I guess we've spent enough time waiting. Let's go." Ocean was anxious to see what was in this tower. "This tower can't just made to try to kill every single pony that came into it. There has to be some sort purpose to it

"Mirror Image here. I can sneak around and scope the place out if necessary. I used to lead a fairly interesting life, so I have a few skills, besides summoning the best illusions you will ever see." Dissipating his illusions, he studies the group. "Well, offensively,I am probably the weakest. I work best in the shadows anyways."

Fluorescent wasn't really in a mood to introduce himself, especially after seeing them kill that thing. You tend to see ponies in a different light after you see them kill. "I'm Fluorescent Fire. Nice to meet you all. I don't intend to kill anything unless I have to.

Fluorescent wasn't really in a mood to introduce himself, especially after seeing them kill that weird thing. You tend to see ponies in a different light after you see them kill. "I'm Fluorescent Fire. Nice to meet you all." He said half heartedly. He was starting to regret his decision. Stuck with a possibly violent bunch of strangers, getting randomly attacked by evil forces. He'd seen worse occupational hazards in his short career but this was just bucking insane!

Silver was pretty excited, 'How often do you get a chance to make friends with murderers, especially ones that know how to laugh? How many ponies can just ask their friends 'hay I need some help with murdering' and not get arrested immediately?' Silver thought to himself. "Silver Tongue, at your serves," he introduced with a smile and a light bow "Altho I won't be getting into the heart of many more scuffles as is, I am good with weather manipulation, and this really cool spell that gives ponies butterfly wings" Silver said as he caught up with the rest of the group.

Everypony went up the stairs. At the top, a closed door sat in front of them. "Hmm, there's probably gonna be more unicorns in here. These ones will most likely be more lethal". Drill Horn put his hoof on the door and pushed, but stopped and waited for everybody else to come closer. "We should stay close for now". 

Crimson followed along. 'Seems like an abled bunch, but we will see later I guess.' He thought to himself. Crimson stopped beside Drill. "Hey, don't be afraid, alright? All of you, don't be afraid. Fear makes you weak, we cannot afford to be weak. We must stay strong and press on, no going back now." Crimson looked back and smiled. "And don't worry, I'll protect you guys no matter what. With my exceptional swordplay art, and all of your abilities. We will make it to the top!" He says optimistically.

Silver Tongue spoke up, "Let me see if I can help with an 'aerodynamics spell' to help you move faster, and keep more of your momentum," Silver got to work with the spell.

It was a fairly simple spell, but to cast it on six ponies and their weapons would drain anypony. The spell was designed for ponies in a rush, so it didn't take long to cast, but it did leave Silver Tongue too tired to actually fight. "There, you should be able to run, jump, and slash with out that pesky air slowing you down for at least a few hours".

@@Loud Opinion,

Crimson felt somehow lighter and found it easier to move. "Oh wow, Silver was it? This is an amazing spell, fighting will be so much easier with this kind of mobility. Though... You do look a bit drained after doing that, I can only assume that the spell took alot out of you, hm?" He said to Silver. 

"Okay Guys, you ready to face whatever is inside here?" He pushed the door wider making a crack large enough for them to see the inside. "Looks like Battle zone to me". He then pushed the door all the way open. He took one step in, and torches all around the room lit up.

Fluorescent was battle ready and focused. After that last match caught him unprepared, he was jumpy and hyper alert, trying to take in his new surroundings. "What is this place?" The auto lights were fine and all, nothing peculiar but the room was weird, like everything else in the stupid tower.

Ocean grabbed the javelin again, and went into the room. He took inventory of the whole room. He went to the closet "safe" spot he could see and went into fighting stance.

" So we're in tower with evil unicorns and unlit torches light up on their own. What could possibly go wrong?" Ocean stated sarcasticly

Staying in the shadows, Mirror Image studies the room. "Well, that isn't cliche at all. No, random torches lighting themselves up. I kind of disappointed. Seriously, anypony who works with the stage should know that these torch tricks are old. Then again, maybe the one running this tower is some ancient being."

Silver Tongue cherished Crimsons compliment as if it were pure gold and spoke up "Wow, who would have guessed that the pony with the name 'Crimson Blade' would be the most polite? You can murder all you like Crimson, you're still okay in my book," Silver said trying to sound as sincere as possible. Stepping through the door, Silver kept to the back of the group.

When Silver heart Mirror comment on the torches, he didn't have anything better to do but put his two cents out there. "I think it's functional to say the least," Silver said, "Someone shouldn't have to change something practical just because its been done".

Out of the shadows, 3 more unicorns appeared. This time, they didn't wait for anything to happen. Once they had a clear visual on Drill Horn and everyone else, they already starting shooting fireballs at them.  Luckily, their aim was bad, like really bad. You seriously had to actually try to get hit. 2 of them hit the wall behind them and the other 1 hit the ceiling.

Has bad as their aim was, the fireballs were flaming hot. Drill felt the heat when the fireballs flew over him. He knew eventually one of them would land a hit. He decided to play it safe, take cover, and try to get the others to do the same while thinking of a plan.

@@madpenguin44,

Crimson smirked 'Welp, at least these ones actually do something!' Crimson drew his blade, then he focused his magic. "Don't worry, I'll protect you all no matter what, I will never let any harm come to my comrades!" Suddenly everything in the room got dark as if the light spectrum itself failed to pass through this very room. All that could be seen were the magic based fireballs illuminating the pure darkness. "Now, I'm done playing around, lets do this! Everypony just stay back." A voice said from the shadows. Fire illuminated areas of the pure darkness. Some were close enough to Crimson to illuminate his face as he rushed towards the middle assailant. He jumped up and yelled out "Feral Drop" then slammed his blade down with a powerful force, stabbing his victim in the back while the force of the impact pushed the other two assailants off their hooves and on the ground. 

The darkness started to fade and underneath Crimson's blade could be seen a bloody mess and two unicorns on their sides, but still conscious and starting to get up again. "Darn, guess the impact wasn't powerful enough" he said under his breath. The two assailants regained themselves and aimed their horns toward Crimson. "Darn it! My muscles are too locked up right now." He cried as he tried to move. The unicorns charged their magic and aimed perfectly towards Crimson. 'Uh oh... this is gonna hurt.' He thought to himself with a panicked look upon his face.

"Let's see, they are unicorns with really bad aim, OK then. That is easy enough." Suddenly the tower seems to shake violently. Stones start falling down, taking torches out with them. "Meet my friend here, you see, he is rather large. And angry." A head soon appears in try he hall, followed by another. And a few more. Soon a whole Hydra could be seen.

(Mass illusion. He just didn't feel like warning anypony)

Crimson took out 1 of the unicorns, but ended up in between the other 2. At the distance they were at, they were sure to hit him. Suddenly a giant hydra appeared out of nowhere. "How in the world did this thing get here!?!?!" The hydra was focused on the evil unicorns, which was probably because they looked more threatening. That was a good thing, but Crimson Blade was with them and would die with them.  Drill Horn decided the hydra would be harder to kill than the unicorns, so he quickly made a blunt spear and threw it at the hydra.

Catching three spears in his telekinesis, he states at Drill horn and subtly shakes his head. Hiding the spear behind a head, he wraps it in an illusion of a fire breath, which he then fires at one of the unicorns. "You like fire? Eat this then Stupid mages."

The two unicorns dodged away from the incoming flames, though Crimson's muscle were still too strained to move quickly enough to dodge it. The hydra's flaming breath engulfed Crimson. At first he braced himself and closed his eyes, but when he felt nothing, he opened them and saw he was in the eye of the flame... Though no damage was being dealt.

"Whats going on? Have I become immune to fire somehow or... wait a minute." Crimson remembered something one of the other ponies said

-flash back-
"Mirror Image here. I used to lead a fairly interesting life, so I have a few skills, besides summoning the best illusions you will ever see."
-End-

'Heh, of course. I said I would protect them, but look who's doing the protecting now.' Crimson thought to himself whilst smirking. The fire dissipated and Crimsons muscles had finally released. "Ah that's better, now where were we?" The two mages looked at Crimson. Crimson started to walk towards them, then they started to shoot. "Your going to have to aim better than that if your ever going to beat me. Just who the hoof do you think I am?" He said as he dodged and sliced every ball of fire thrown at him.

Suddenly Crimson dashed towards them and took out one of the mages in an instant, knocking him out instead of killing him. Crimson looked at the other mage and devilishly smirked "Hey, I'm right here, why don't you go ahead and take that shot?" Crimson waited, the mage exerting a bead of sweat before firing an immense amount of fire balls hoping to hit Crimson. Crimson easily dodged all of them and dashed straight in front of the mages face. "Aww, is that all you got? I'm kind of disappointed." Suddenly Crimson spun around and landed a hard buck to the mages neck and breaking it.

"Welp, that's it. Can I get one of you to tie the one I knocked out up, we gotta do some interrogating and see what the hoof this place is all about." Crimson said as he sheathed his blade and walked towards the others.

(Wow... Sorry for the f***ing essay XD)

Fluorescent, standing uselessly by the side simply watched them dispatch the foes. He hoped they didn't mind him not really doing anything. He wasn't a stallion of that type action. The illusions were simply amazing. But the fire gave it away. Nothing can replace true fire, his lecturer would always say. He snapped out of his musings and went to tie up the one out cold half expecting it to wake up and kill him. "Here, happy birthday." He pushed it over, wanting nothing more to do with it.