Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Burning Passion (1x1 between Dusk Shade and Dire Miralis)

Acnologia

OOC:http://mlpforums.com/topic/114331-1x1-dragon-romance-rp/#entry3248465

Orion sighed as he flew above the clouds. He had been traveling for the past few days in an attempt to finds new cave to call home due to a lack of food near his previous home . "I guess I could stop for a bit." He muttered to himself as he landed on the soft grass of a forest clearing. The dragon wasn't exactly hungry, but he knew he would have to eat soon.

Edited by Dire Miralis

Dawn has left her cave a while before to go hunting, avoiding the borders of the forest ad to avoid any interactions with Ponies when she saw a dragon sitting in an open field which drew her curiosity. She flew down and coiled herself nearby. "Hey, you all right there", she asked simply.

Orion was brought out of his musings when he heard someone say something to him, presumably. When he turned around, he noticed a serpentine dragon with scales as green as the leaves and grass. "I apologize for intruding into your territory. I was just looking for a new place to call my own." He said. "My name is Orion, by the way. May I ask who you are?"

• Brohoof 1

"Don't worry about it. I dont mind other dragons passing through so long as they don't overstay their welcome or going go stealing my prey or scaring it off. My name is Dawn. Why are you looking for a new home, the forest is pretty plentiful in prey, at least around here", she said as she uncoiled herself.

Orion nodded slightly. That is understandable. Believe me I have no intention of stealing from you." He said, giving a slight smile. "As for my previous home, it was on an island so there wasn't much food and there were other dragons so food wasn't exactly as abundant as it could've been."

"I see... Well, his forest has a pretty good supply if food. And, if you need shelter I have rather large cave that has a wall dividing the two halves. If you need, you can sleep in the half I normally sleep in. The only thing is we would be sleeping in the same half because the other half is filled with gems and my other treasures", she offered since if he tried to steal from her, she would just kill him.

Orion nodded slightly. "Thank you. I will do whatever I can to pay back this kindness." He said. The dragon felt a bit nervous sleeping close to Dawn, but figured that it would only be until he could find a new cave. She was the one who proposed the offer, so she probably wouldn't mind.

"It's no problem. Like I said, it's a big cave so there is room. And I'm not the type to just let someone starve or freeze, do I figure letting you stay one night is no big deal", she said pulled herself into the air. I was in the middle of hunting anyway so why do t you come along. That can be your repayment. Just help me hunt today and you have a place to sleep and food tonight", she said simpl.

Orion nodded and flew into the air, following behind Dawn. "Ok." He said. "So, what were you hunting for in particular?" The dragon figured that the dragoness didn't eat fish due the distance of her cave from the nearest river or lake, but knew that he could possibly be wrong.

She led him up towards a Grove that she landed in. Once they hit the ground, they saw a lake that had been hidden by the trees. "This is my secret fish Lake. I come here when I want a quick since the fish can't escape, and they are easy pickings", she said before diving in and starting to snatch up fish and toss them ashore.

Edited by Dusk Shade

Orion nodded slightly and landed near the lake's edge. He looked into the water to try and see some fish when one jumped out of the lake and slapped him on the beak with its tail. Orion then growled and dove into the water. When he came up for air, he had six fish caught in either his beak or claws.

Dawn couldn't help but smirk when the fish slapped him. She quickly swatted four fish out of the water with three in each foot. She slithered outfrom the water aand piled the fish up, trying to keep track of how much they had. She slid most of the fish to him with her tail. "Eat. This is just a snack to get your energy up. The real hunting comes after of eat".

Orion smiled at Dawn and nodded. "Ok." He said, before consuming a few fish. He normally would've dove right in, but he wanted to go slow in case Dawn wanted some. He enjoyed spending time with her and hoped that they would get to know each other as friends, if not more than that.

Dawn just nodded and saw a large turtle on the bottom of the lake, which prompted her to quickly plug under and snatch it. "The fish are yours, the turtle is mine", she said as she cut through the turtle's sift underbelly with her claws and passed him the rest of the fish.

Orion glanced at Dawn and felt a bit nervous, but figured that he might as well try to strike up a conversation. "So, how long have you been living in the forest?" He asked as he ate the fish. The dragon figured that he might as well learn a bit about the one who had offered him a place to stay, even if it was for a night.

She looked at him a bit coldly. "A while", was all she said, not wanting to delve into her abandonment with someone she just met. She ate the turtle and laid the turtle's shell out against a tree and filled it with leaves and berries as a shelter for the small critters that lived in the Grove.

Edited by Dusk Shade

Orion was surprised by her response and knew that he had hit a sore nerve. "I'm sorry. It wasn't my place to ask you that and I won't force you to tell me." The dragon then sighed and noticed Dawn make the shelter. "It's amazing that you show kindness to the creatures of the forest. Most of the dragons I knew wouldn't have done that." Orion then gave a warm smile.

• Brohoof 1

She growled slightly at his bringing up her past but let it go. "Of course, the woodland critters deserve a helping hand every now and then... And obviously, the dragons back on your old Island had no heart or soul. If you want you can stay in my cave until you find a place, I only ask that you help me hunt because I am not hunting for both of us by myself ".

Orion nodded slightly. "That is fair." He said, feeling a bit like a fool. "The other dragons weren't the only reason I left, though. I... I wanted to find someone who I can spend the rest of my life with and I haven't exactly been lucky so far." The dragon didn't know how Dawn would react, but he figured that he might as well get that off of his chest.

Dawn just nodded silently and lifted herself into the air. "Well... There are a lot of dragons here in the Everfree Forest, so I'm sure you will find someone easily enough", she said simply. "Just fly around for a while and you'll undoubtedly find a bunch of dragons dens", she added, not thinking that he may have been referring to her.

Orion sighed and nodded. "You're right. I probably will eventually." He said as he followed Dawn into the air. He felt awkward that she didn't something different, but figured that she might not realize what he actually meant. He also felt a bit sick from the possibility that she might've gotten the hidden meaning.

Dawn flew up towards a mountain peak and landed feeling a little uneasy abput her current situation, namely his sight after her response. She was completely confused at what he had meant but figured she'd have to ask him what he had meant later on. She nodded towards a herd of deer. "There's our dinner".

Orion nodded as he saw the deer. He knew he was hunger but figured Dawn had a plan on how to catch a few. "I assume that we're going to sneak up on then and try to break the group?" He asked, curious as to what her hunting tactics were in this type of situation. Normally he would just go straight for the kill, but he doubted she would approve.

Dawn hovered above the deer partially coiling herself up and surrounded the herd with a wall of fire before swooping to down and tearing two in half with her rear legs, holding them as she climbed back into the air with a smirk and a roar just to prove her point that strategy wasn't needed.

Orion was surprised with the power Dawn displayed and found it attractive. "I guess that answers my question." He said as he flew into the group and grabbed two deer in his front claws, snapping their necks as he flew towards Dawn. "That was fun." The dragon then smiled and felt a faint heat spread through his body.