Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Rise of the dragon king v. 2.0

Drago Ryder

It took a total of about three hours to get the pelt and meat off the deer and to preserve the meat. Of course it all was not done but I could do more later, it was safe from insects and animals.

I now had nothing to do so I went outside and practiced motions ingrained into my memory and that came to me instinctively. I prepared to see Luna go around and gather everyone and then they would plan for the next attack. I sometimes attended the meetings for my own enjoyment and to amuse myself with Luna's disgusted looks towards me when I passed her, sure she was not the only one that wanted my head on her wall but she was the most amusing.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luna had done as Celestia had asked and gathered anyone who wasn't a child into the great hall. She didn't even pay attention to Imdictus as she went about this duty.

Celestia was already in the great hall by the time the meeting took place and stood, putting the attention of every Viking on her. "I think it is clear as to why we are here. We have to find the nest and destroy it. The dragons can find a new home.Who's with me?" She asked, not getting a resonse aside from excuses on why they couldn't go. "Ok. Any who stays will look after Tempest." At that, every hamd went up with cheers of approval. "That's more like it."

Luna knew she wouldn't be going on the voyage and simpky sat in her chair. "Looks like I'll be training recruits, then." She thought as Viking filed out of the great hall and went to prepare the ships.

Tempest sighed as he walked through the forest for the second time in that day. "I wonder where that Night Fury went." He thought to himself.

Gale purred as she woke and tested her wings. They still hurt, but they seemed to be healing. The dragoness then walked towards the river and tried to catch any fish that swam by.

I attended the meeting anyway, making sure Luna would see me, I even looked at her and smiled. I rolled my eyes when the plan was given to be honest the logic was flawed and would get them killed. I even decided to announce it Celestia, how the hell would you get into a place that nests dragons much less kill them all in their stronghold?"

Unfortunately no one except Celestial and Luna were there to hear it.

I attended the meeting anyway, making sure Luna would see me, I even looked at her and smiled. I rolled my eyes when the plan was given to be honest the logic was flawed and would get them killed. I even decided to announce it Celestia, how the hell would you get into a place that nests dragons much less kill them all in their stronghold?"

Unfortunately no one except Celestial and Luna were there to hear it.

Orion woke and noticed a nearby forest. He figured that he might as well explore a bit before he headed back

Clayton sighed as he entered the forge and studied a few of the weapons. He had yet to pick one, but figured that he train himself or get someone to help him. The teen eventually settled on a dual bladed axe that was light in his grasp.

Celestia glanced at Indictus and sighed. "It's not like we have a choice." She said. "If the dragons keep attacking, we won't have enough food for the winter. It's either this or starve." The chief had tolerated the assassins presence, but he wouldn't get much sympathy if he continued to test her patience.

"So be it if you need my help you know what to do I'll even cut my fee in half, good day." I said coldly knowing I was not welcome I never was, since I was banished and marked a coward for the way I handled the dragon slaying test. I did it almost as fast as Celestial and came out with fewer injuries as well because I resorted to what the others called "underhanded tactics."

I started to walk away when I whispered, I'd never want you damn position Celestia." After that I exited the building and walked home.

Celestia sighed and shook her head. "It wasn't my decision to make." She muttered. The cheof then stood up and walked outside while her sister headed to the forge. They each had their own duties and they made a promise to fulfill them.

Tempest exited the forest and nodiced a dragon scale laying on the ground. He picked it up and knew that it had come from thw Night Fury he had freed.The teen noticed more and followed the trail, picking up the scales as he went. He came to a stop at ledge that overlooked a cove, and the dragoness inside.

Orion came to a stop at the edge of a cove and looked around. He noticed a dragon with a human looking at it from a opposite ledge. He was tempted to attack, but figured that he would just watch to see what would happen.

Clayton entered his house and prepared a meal of mutton stew and sat in silence in his home. His parents were probabl participating in the search for the dragon nest and sighed. He debated on going out to look for Tempest, but simply decided to eat and clean up the house.

Tempest watched the Night Fury for a few moments before taking out a stock of charcoal and his personal journal. He then began to draw the dragon in near perfect detail, but lost his footing on a piece of moss and fell off the ledge and into the cove

Gale noticed the boy who had freed her earlier falling and ran towards him before catching the teen on her back. The dragoness then landed and set Tempest onto the soft ground. She then watched him with a slight curiosity.

I mused as I walked home, it felt like not to long ago Luna, Celestia and I were close. What happened to the years of sparring in the feild my home now watches over, the verbal sparring the three of us exchanged.

Now I am isolated from them, an honorless outcast. A Mercenary, Assassin and Rouge. Honor was put above even blood, without it your own bloodkin would be forced to reject you or worse reject you and by choice completely disown you as a their kin.

"So be it, damn their honor! They can take it to their graves and brag about their accomplishments to the worms, while their children morn them. For all the good honor did them." I said to the wind. The town behind me deaf to my voice.

Edited by Shadow Dancer

Orion was surprised that the Night Fury had saved a Viking and couldn't help but be curious as to why she would do something like that. "This puts everything I know into question." He thought as he remembered what the queen had told him, that Vikings would kill any dragon they saw.

Tempest groaned as his body caught up to his mind and slowly stood up, before glancing at the dragoness in front of him. "You...saved me." He said. "I guess we're even." The teen then laughed a bit as he heard his stomach growl.

Gale tilted her head slightly and narrowed her eyes. She then made a sound as if she was gagging and regurgitated half a fish that she had eaten earlier.

When the fish came out, Tempest caught it to avoid getting hit and glanced at Gale. "Thanks." He said, a bit nervous. The teen then took a bit of the fish and chewed it slowly. Of course, the dragon wasn't pleased and motioned for him to swallow. Tempest moaned and gave the dragoness a pleading look, before he did as he was told. The teen gave the rest of the fish to Gale and smiled. "You know, I think I'll stay a bit." Tempest then sat down and Gale laid next to him.

Out of curiosity I checked on the dragoness, and discovered that the boy was with her I lightly chuckled at their antics, before whispering. " Boy, its kids like you that will change the world not someone like me, Celestia or Luna."

I then left unaware of the other dragon also watching the scene.

Orion was surprised that the Viking hadn't killed the Night Fury yet and his curiosity was honestly piqued. The dragon would have to talk to either the teen or the dragoness to see what was really going on. He hadn't even noticed the second Viking near the cove.

Tempest sighed as he relaxed for the first time in years and felt that he had actually found a friend. "It's a shame that I'll have to go soon." He said with a wistful tone. "Someone's bound to notice that I'm not in the village." The teen then realized that dragon training would start soon and sighed. He didn't want to kill dragons and was quickly beginning to despise his Viking heritage.

Gale gave a low purr and nudged Tempest to comfort him. She knew he didn't want to leave and understood his reasoning. The dragoness also knew that she could trust Tempest, seeing as how he hadn't killed her when she was subdued and spent a few hours with her. Eventually the teen left and the dragoness was alone.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

Orion watched as the teen left and silently entered the cove. He then walked towards Gale and stopped a few feet behind her. "It surprises me that a dragon and Viking could get along so well. I guess you learn something new every day." He said. "My name is Orion. Who are you?"

Gale jumped slightly and turned to the dragon behind her. "Never sneak up on a dragoness." She growled. "As for my name, I'm Gale." The dragoness didn't know whether or not to trust the new dragon, but figured that she could take him if he tried anything funny. "The Viking you saw me with saved my life and he hasn't tried to kill me yet."

Orion nodded slightly and smiled. "Well, that's a first. Normally they try to kill us." He said, laughing a bit. The dragon then shrugged and looked at the sky. "Anyway, It's good to meet you, Gale."

Clayton noticed Tempest leaving the forest when he came out and walked towards him. "Hey. I've been looking for you since this morning.Where have you been?" He asked. The teen didn't exactly know Tempest, but was still a bit curious. "I haven't seen you around here." 

Tempest glanced at Clayton and shrugged. "I wouldn't expect you to. I've been in self exile for most of my life." He said. "My name is Ryder." The teen used the same name he used with Indictus and didn't really care. He just wanted to go home or better, leave Equestria.

Gale nodded slightly and smirked slightly. "Anyway, I need to get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." She said, before walking to a overhang and curled into a ball, before falling asleep.

I finnaly went back to my little shack when something came to mind,"Why the hell was this land named Equestria and why the hell am I the only one in this area with a name that dose not describe their personality or talent? Oh well I'll think about it later."

With that small musing I went to sleep.

I suggest a transition to the next morning soon.

Orion nodded slightly and walked toward the edge of the pond and laid on the grass, before falling asleep.

Clayton nodded slightly and sighed. He honestly hadn't expected Tempest to be this aggressive towards him. "I want to know why you were in the forest during the raid." The teen held a bit of aggression in his voice as he spoke,but didn't notice it.

(We should be able to do the skip after Tempest and Clayton are done.)

Tempest rolled his eyes and walked away. "That's none of your concern." He growled. The teen knew he would have to keep an eye on Clayton, or else he could discover the night fury and ruin everything he had been planning." I won't let him hurt the dragon. I will find a way to stop this war, even if it kills me." Eventually, Tempest entered his home and found his way in bed.

Clayton sighed as he watched Tempest walk away. He figured he could spy on Tempest and figured that that would be the best way to get information. The teen then walked home and ate a quick dinner before going to bed. "Something strange is going on and I'll find out what it is."

As he slept, Tempest dreamed that he was in a large cave made of ice with hundreds if dragons flying about either carrying food from a hunt or making sure that the others were kept in line and probably defended the nest in case anything went wrong. "Where am I?" He thought to himself.

Before he could move, everything went black and a pair of amber colored eyes that seemed to glow in the darkness stare right at him. "It has been some time since i have seen you, Tempest." It said. "I can't tell you everything right now, but trust me. Over time, you will come to see me as an ally.

Before Tempest could respond, he was thrown out of his dream and woke with a start as a hard knock on his door echoed through his house. "I'm coming. I'm coming." He growled, not really sure why someone would want to talk to him. When he opened the door, he saw Luna and felt his frustration grow. "What do you want?"

The second in command to the village wasn't expecting Tempest to lash out at her, but figured that it would happen. "I just wanted to tell you that dragon training starts tomorrow. The other teens already know. Also, my sister and the ships will be leaving today."

Temoest laughed a bit and and leaned against his doorway. "Oh really. What did she have to do to get people on those boats, say that if anyone stayed they would have to look after me? Well guess what, I can look after myself. Thor knows I've been doing that for the past ten years." As he spoke, Tempest's calm demeanor quickly turned into anger and he slammed the door to his home, before sitting at his table with his head in his hands. He heard Luna walk away and stewed in his own thoughts.

(This might as well be the next day)

My sleep was dreamless like normal and I woke up to the cool morning air, out of curiosity I went outside and pressed a button on the side of my house opening a small compartment next to it. When I saw it was empty I smirked and went back inside to cook breakfast.