Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Cutie Mark Crusade!

Storm Shine

@@Yoshi89,

@,

"This is gonna be So fun to watch. I bet you're all gonna get far in the race, buuut... Ehehe, I still think Grey's gonna leave you in the dust."

Blitz looked at them all, numbers in place and ready to race, trying to figure out who she thought was going to be second fastest in the race. Since she didn't know Sunday, Brownie or Babs' speed, so she couldn't really say about them, which made her lean towards the appropriately number 2 as second place: Scootaloo. She was really competitive from what she had seen, like Rainbow Dash, so Blitz was sure that she wouldn't be the back of the field.

Only reason she thought that she would be second place really was that she had seen Grey with some real speed in his steps before, and she was sure that Storm had taught him something since he was a really fast one, so from her perspective, it was kinda clear cut.

Sure, she might be biased and going on mostly guesswork since she (a) Didn't really know half of them enough to be sure, and (b ) spent most of her time in the forest, so not even sure how fast those she knew were, but she would follow her gut on this.

Not that it meant that she wouldn't be rooting for all of them on the side lines though. Both for them winning the race, and for somepony to get their cutie mark. Whoever that might be she wouldn't guess about though. Cutie marks wasn't something that could be predicted or guaranteed after all.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom, @@Yoshi89,

"So what will you do with the money if you win Grey?" Scootaloo asked. "I didn't really think about it... I guess I'd look into buying myself a guitar so Dad can teach me to play." The pegasus colt decided. "What about you?" He asked, "Anything in mind?" Scootaloo hummed for a bit, "I'll probably just get some new wheels for my scooter or something.. Maybe if there's enough, we can both get new guitars and learn to play together!" She replied thoughtfully at first, but growing more excited as she went before blushing and trying to act nonchalant. "I mean... You know, uh- if you want."

Storm refrained from telling him that he already had a few guitars they could have, deciding to let them try and earn the guitars for themselves. If they lost, the guitars would be a nice consolation prize after all.

"What about you guys?" Grey asked, turning towards the rest of the Crusaders. "Any idea what you would do with it?" Pinkie grinned, "I would have a large cupcake batter swimming pool constructed, then Stormy and I could swim and eat batter all at the same time!" She exclaimed. Storm grinned, drooling slightly at the thought before wiping it away and filing that idea into his mental 'Bucket list'.

@, @@Blitz Boom,

"That actually sounds like fun," Sundae told Pinkie Pie. "But I'd much rather have a pool filled with vanilla or chocolate ice cream. No better time to learn how to swim."

"I'd bring the money back with me to Manehattan so I can help build a better clubhouse," Babs said. "That abandoned carriage we're currently using is getting too small for all of us."

"What about you, Bro?" Sundae asked Brownie.

"I'd maybe buy any chocolate I can get my hooves on," Brownie said. "There's this factory in downtown Bucklyn that makes some great chocolate."

"Reckon you'd do anything for it, huh?" Apple Bloom nudged him.

@,

@@Yoshi89,

Blitz looked over at Scootaloo and Grey with a small smirk going over her normal gleeful smile for a moment.

She had pieced together the rough sketch about Grey's crush, and she didn't figure that Scootaloo was too far off the radar as well from what she could see, but at this point it wouldn't be nice to say anything to either of them about it. Things like this wasn't meant for anypony but the ones it was about to talk out about, and while she did have a uhm... Impulsive problem, a few things didn't slip her lips that easy.

Might be she was wrong too, but whenever she saw Grey and Storm teased him about the CMC, or Scootaloo specifically, it seemed to hit a spot with him that just seemed to fit there being something there. As for Scootaloo... Well, she didn't hang around her much, but the blushing and all... Couldn't rule it out, right?

Blitz didn't understand the big picture about love, but she knew the definition, and from what she'd seen watching Pinkie and Storm. And the way that Grey were, it sort of reminded her of before Storm spilled his heart out to Pinkie. He had been blushing a lot then too and stuff.

"Hehe, good plans. This is gonna be an Awesome race to watch."

Oh well, more important things to think about now. The race couldn't be that far off from starting, and silly thoughts wasn't as important as rooting for her friends, new and old, while they were in the middle of the fun.

@@Blitz Boom, @@Yoshi89,

The twins noticed Grey's and Scootaloo's behavior after Blitz picked it up.

"Wow, Brownie," Sundae remarked. "Grey's acting like you when you first met the crusaders in Ponyville."

"Uh, well, uh," Brownie stammered before changing the subject. "Hey, Apple Bloom, you didn't tell us what you were going to do with the money if you win the race."

"Well, in that case," Apple Bloom said. "I reckon I'll use it to buy a crossbow for the clubhouse. You know, in case Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon show up."

"I can see why," Babs added.

@@Yoshi89,@@Blitz Boom,  

Storm looked at Apple Bloom and chuckled, "Or maybe you could get big somewhat high-powered water-guns to attach to the clubhouse and that way whenever they get too close you can just soak them with water! It'd be harmless, and funny!" He laughed. "They'd probably stay away once their mane's have been ruined once or twice."

@, @@Blitz Boom,

Apple Bloom started daydreaming at Storm's suggestion. She pictured herself in the clubhouse attic, releasing the water cannons around the clubhouse and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon running away, crying. Revenge had never tasted so sweet.

"Oh yeah," Apple Bloom finally said, stifling a laugh. "Then they'll know not to mess with us. They'll be all washed up!"

@@Yoshi89,

@,

Blitz clapped her hooves together excitedly.

"Win or loose, you should do that anyway. Not harmful, and the mean ones deserve it."

While the water itself was a good start, her mind was already wandering to places about what else to put in there. Nothing explosive, but more of the mystic paint, some stinky essence from the snappy plant's roots, and perhaps some of the itchy powder she used as traps at her house would work? She was sure that just a little of the powder would still work with the liquid, but she had to test that at home later first.

A few other things began to roll through her mind that could make for some effective *ammo* for a water-gun, but she tried her best to listen to what everypony else was saying too. Although a few words miiight slip past her.

@@Blitz Boom, @,

"I just hope Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon won't be in the race," Babs said.

"I don't think they're giving out any more numbers, Babs," Sundae noticed

"But who knows?" Babs asked. "They might try to cheat."

"It's still only cheating if they get caught," Apple Bloom reassured her cousin. "Remember what happened when Rainbow Dash tried to cheat in the Fall Weather Friends competition? I betcha that's gonna happen if those two even try."

@@Yoshi89,@@Blitz Boom,

Storm nodded sagely, "Cheaters usually don't win, and even if they do win.... It could never be called a real win if you had to cheat." He said, oddly serious before his expression softened up and he smiled. "Anypony want some ice-cream before the race?" He asked, patting the small mini-fridge sitting next to him. "Oh, oh! ME, ME, ME!" Pinkie shouted, bouncing around excitedly until Storm handed her a quadriple-scooped cone of Rocky Road. "Yummy!" Pinkie exclaimed, eating it all in one bite.

About a minute later, she regretted that. "OWCH, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OWIIIIEEESSS~!" She shouted, "BRAIN FREEZE~!" Pinkie yelled, running around the clubhouse. Storm chuckled and rolled his eyes before snatching Pinkie on her next pass around the clubhouse. Storm sat down, setting Pinkie next to him, and began to stroke her mane. Pinkie's eyes closed as her painful brain freeze began to subside and was replaced by the enjoyable feeling of Storm's hoof gently moving through her mane. "Thanks Stormy..." She said, sighing happily. "No problem Pinkie." He replied with a gentle smile as she leaned into his side.

@,

@@Yoshi89,

"Wait... If they're done giving out numbers, then the race have gotta start soon right? We can't have anypony being late!"

Blitz jumped a little on the spot, looking between the fillies and colts to see if anypony wasn't ready yet for the race. THen her eyes fell on Pinkie and her brain freeze and she slowed down a little again.

"Oh right, forgot. Sorry."

Getting a freeze burn in your head was really uncomfortable, and she didn't want Pinkie to rush off if her head hurt. Just in the excitement of what were to come she had sort of spaced over a few things... Oops?

@@Blitz Boom@@Yoshi89,

Pinkie giggled, "Don't worry Blitzy! We have time, and besides..." She grinned mischievously, holding up an odd multi-colored crystal. "Twilight let me have this to test!" Storm stopped stroking her mane and looked at the crystal apprehensively. "Is that what I think it is?" Pinkie nodded, "Yeppers! Twilight said 'Pinkie, you can use this, but you have to write a bunch of sciencey information afterwards.' or something like that. I might~'ve spaced out a bit after 'Pinkie, you can use this'..." She admitted. "I thought that she said it was- you know what... Fine, I don't really feel like moving anyways..." Storm replied, apparently giving up the argument in favor of going back to his self-imposed job of stroking her mane. "Me neither..." Pinkie agreed, snuggling herself against his side which made him grin happily.

@, @@Blitz Boom,

As Apple Bloom and her cousin laughed at Pinkie Pie reaction to her own brain freeze, Brownie and Sundae rolled their eyes and chuckled lightly.

"You know what's even worse a brain freeze?" Brownie asked. "A throat freeze. Whenever I eat ice cream too fast, my throat gets way too cold. I never think it happens until it actually does."

"Maybe because you're too busy thinking about a brain freeze," Sundae told him.

"Could be," Brownie shrugged.

Babs meanwhile moved toward Pinkie Pie in awe at the crystal she held. "Wow," she remarked. "Twilight actually trusts you with that? Can you maybe show us what it does?"

As Babs talked with Pinkie Pie, Apple Bloom moved over to Grey Sky. Seeing Storm and Pinkie Pie interact, made her shift her eyes. "So, Grey, do you feel the same about another special somepony?" She grinned and subtly jerked her head towards Scootaloo.

@@Yoshi89@@Blitz Boom,

Pinkie giggled, "It's supposed to be a one-way teleporty crystal!" She said. "If I smash it, it'll send me and you to where I'm thinking!" Storm chuckled at her explanation, "That's the basic version.." He said, "But another way to say it is that the crystal will let a pony teleport like Twilight does and maybe bring others along, but only once, and only within a certain distance and pony limit. The magic in the crystal has to be able to support the trip." Storm told the others, figuring it was best they know at least a little more about it.

Grey blushed, "W-what?" He asked as his face went red. "I.. I have no idea what you are talking about Applebloom...." He replied, looking at Scootaloo for a second before forcing himself to look away, still slightly rosy-cheeked. Oh really?" Sweetie Belle asked, "then why're you blushing?" Grey looked over at Scootaloo again, "I'm not blushing..." He said, denying it. "Oooh~ I see.. You've got a crush on Scootaloo!" Sweetie Belle said, realizing who it was he was crushing on. "HEY SCOOTALOO! GREY HAS A-Mphmaagmm..." She yelled, before Grey shove a hoof in her mouth, muffling her. "Sweetie Belle!" He quietly cried out in alarm, "You can't tell her!" Grey whispered, pulling his hoof out of her mouth. "Why not? If you like her, we should tell her! Cutie Mark Matchmakers!" Sweetie Belle whispered excitedly. "Remember how you're last matchmaking attempt went?" He asked raising a brow. Sweetie Belle looked away sheepishly before nodding. "So please don't tell her, You too Apple Bloom... Please!" Grey pleaded.

(OOC: I used purple for Sweetie Belle because it's in her mane, and white's not a good text color for a white backing. :P)

Edited by Storm Shine

@@Yoshi89,

@,

"So shiny..."

Blitz looked with big eyes at the teleportation crystal. To think that such a pretty little thing could, with a simple destructive action, get you anyplace you wanted to go, was impressive in Blitz mind. She knew Twilight was good with magic, but that she could make something like this... Perhaps if she promised Twilight to write the sciency stuff Pinkie apparently had forgotten about she could try one too? Just imagine the possibilities in not just the crazy magic it contained the first time, but also what the shards of such a thing could be used for. She had only worked with some, minor magic things, and they had helped her make some fun stuff. Anything that Twilight had made would blow that out of the way in every way.

Her mind wandered to the hypnotic glow of the shiny crystal and began to drag her along to the crazy idea part of her brain, when the thoughts got interupted by the commotion with the crusaders and Grey. Did they... Nah, Sweetie Belle wouldn't... But why did she call out Scootaloo then? Uhm... perhaps best if she tried to not ask her.

Instead, she changed and looked over at Scootaloo, figuring that perhaps it would be good if she talked to her.

"Hehe, they're weird again. Or they're planning something. Perhaps a party for the winner?"

She sneaked in close, leaning her head to the side and whispered to Scootaloo whilst looking at the others.

"Or they were gonna say that Grey got a good hold in the first place. I bet that they're trying to get you riled up so you'll do 110% so everypony can see who's the top filly here. Not that you'd hold back against Grey anyway, riiiiight?"

@@Blitz Boom,@@Yoshi89,  

"Of course not!" Scootaloo agreed, puffing her chest out in pride "And I expect him not to hold back either!" She continued, "After all, what's the fun in racing if everypony isn't giving their all?" Scootaloo said with a smile, looking over at the other Crusaders. "I wonder what they're talking about though..." She mused quietly, her eyes connecting with Grey's for a moment before they both turned away with dark blushes.

Edited by Storm Shine

@@Blitz Boom, @,

"Now, y'all know why I let colts into this club, too," Apple Bloom said. She then looked in the direction of the other colt in the clubhouse "What about you, Brownie? Who do ya think has cuter fillies? Manehattan or Ponyville?"

Brownie's blue face turned a deep pink, turning his head in between Apple Bloom and Babs. "Oh, um, I don't think, uh, I..." was all he could say before chuckling nervously. He then grinned and hid his face, blushing.

"Doesn't matter how pretty they are," Sundae said. "He can't tell the difference."

She, Apple Bloom and Babs shared a hearty laugh at Brownie's expense.

(edited)

@@Yoshi89,

@,

Blitz went in reeeeeeal close to Scootaloo so that nopony else would be able to hear her.

*giggle*  "Don't worry, I won't tell anypony."

She gave her a small, knowing wink, then went away from her and faced the others again just as the spectacle began and Brownie now started to get the blushes on.

"Aaawh, he's blushing. So cuuute."

Blitz had a strange thing about blushing ponies of all kind. Not really sure what it was, but the awkward and the colouring of their cheeks just made it look too adorable to ignore. Had been like that with Storm and Pinkie back in the days too, although she could still make him all flustered sometimes, so *back in the days* were a bit misleading... Eh, never mind..

She moved a bit closer to have a look at the hiding faced colt, then stopped up and tried to get a smiling look at his face, though after a bit she felt a light-bulb going off over her head and she yanked herself up to look towards were the metaphorical light-bulb were, biting in the air to try and grasp it but just getting air. One day, she would learn how Stormy and Pinkie got the hold on those things, and then... That idea maker would be hers.

After a few seconds she diverted her eyes to be looking towards Apple Bloom with something resembling a mischievous twinkle in her eyes instead, ignoring how it had looked just before with her.

"Oooh, how about we ask about the colts too? Only two of them here, one from each side, and I bet that Apple Bloom could answer that. I mean, she asked before, so just fair, riiiight?"

Oh yeah, it was definitely something teasing that went into her eyes and voice there. This might have started to snowball a little by the looks of things.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom, @,

Apple Bloom invited Blitz over to talk with Babs and Sundae. In her circle, she could gossip to any filly about which colts they like.

"I really haven't been around, Blitz," Apple Bloom told her. "There aren't too many colts I have my eye one but Granny Smith keeps tellin' me I can't hurry love. She should have a word with Scoots over there, though."

"At least you don't have to go to Manehattan to find colts," Babs sighed. "They all think they're so tough, cutie mark or no cutie mark."

"I haven't really found anypony yet in Bucklyn," Sundae admitted. "A lot of the colts I go to school with are so immature. I wish they could be more like my brother."

Brownie took one look at Blitz hid his face at the mention of himself being called cute. His shyness got the better of him as he backtracked to the corner of the clubhouse. He stepped closer to Grey, hoping that talking to another colt would help him open up a bit more to the fillies of the clubhouse. "Have you been asked that question before?" he wanted to know. "I never know what to say when it comes to fillies."

@@Yoshi89,@@Blitz Boom,

Grey shrugged, "No, I haven't been asked that before, but I've never been to Manehatten." He replied easily. "As for figuring out what to say, well.. Most of the time I just wing it, so to speak, like my dad does. It definitely works for him after all." Grey explained, before looking around suspiciously to make sure that nopony else was in earshot. "Though between you and me... I really like Scootaloo." He whispered with a small smile. 

@,

@@Yoshi89,

Blitz bounced over to join the gossip ring after giving Brownie a big grin more. Far as she knew, she hadn't been part of something like that before, unless being the subject of it counted, and this might be a good way to hear the answer to the question, since Apple Bloom didn't seem to wanna say it when the colts could hear it.

She had expected that Apple Bloom would've gone a little blushie too, but she seemed to take it all in stretched hoof as the talk went around. Well, she Did seem like the tough one at times when she met her before today too, so perhaps she just handled things better than she thought? Evidence so far said so at least.

"My turn then? Okay, well... Uhm..."

She poked her head a little, trying to set the screws right again.

"I guess nopony? Colts don't usually wander out into the Everfree Forest and I don't go to Ponyville that much, so I don't really see that many except Grey, and he's all smitten over... Y'know."

Even if he hadn't been though, she wasn't interested in him like that. He looked cute when he was blushing over Scootaloo, but that was the thought she had about anypony, and that was more of a quirk than anything resembling attraction. 'Sides, it'd be mean to go for somepony taken, even if they hadn't told eachother yet.

"But there's just too much work to do, so don't have the time anyway. I like smart ponies though. So a clever colt that's not afraid of fire would be sorta sweet."

She kept her voice tot he level of the others in the circle, which she figured was so that the colts and Scootaloo didn't hear them, but her voice got a slight increase in tone at the gleeful way she talked after *fire*. Not something that should be heard better by the others anyway, but she just got this cheerful warmth at the thought of it, and it had an influence on her.

@, @@Blitz Boom,

"I'm not sure who I like, Grey," Brownie admitted. "Babs is more of a close friend because she's Sundae's friend, too. We fend for each other whenever we're in Manehattan. We're lucky Bucklyn isn't as bad."

Sundae meanwhile chuckled when Blitz began talking about Grey. "If Grey's found his special somepony, then good for him. If a meet a colt who's a creep, Brownie will be there to knock some sense into him. He's such a great brother but I think he'll be a great coltfriend someday."

• 2 weeks later...

@@Blitz Boom,@@Yoshi89,

"Alright everypony, time to head to the race!" Pinkie exclaimed suddenly, quickly crushing the crystal underhoof. The ponies in the clubhouse were then engulfed in a bright light, temporarily blinding them, and when it cleared they all found themselves at the Foal Fun Run Race track.

Grey and Scootaloo both headed over towards the track, but were intercepted by a couple of referee ponies. "Remember, no wings allowed. This is a hoof race, so we need to keep it fair for all of the competitors." They told the two pegasus foals, who nodded diligently before taking up a starting position.

Meanwhile, Storm and Pinkie decided to start a cheering section of two near the stands. "Go Cutie Mark Crusaders!!" Storm cheered, "You can do it!!" Pinkie added as the two did some impressive acrobatics.

@,

@@Yoshi89,

"You're gonna win this thing! Wooo!"

Blitz got into the spirit of things and cheered near Pinkie and Storm. It was just about to begin, and she was really excited over how this would go right now. Would it be grey who won? Scootaloo perhaps? Was the other CMC's going to roll out and cross the line while the others were struggling to catch them?

And what about Babs, Brownie and Sunday? Were they going to make the other competitors eat dust? Oooh, it was just Too exciting! Hopefully, the race would soon begin and they could see how it was going to go. Hopefully, it would go good for all of them.

@@Blitz Boom, @,

Brownie, Sundae, Babs and Apple Bloom took their places side by side at the starting line and started stretching each of their legs. Each of them still had the thought of what to do with their share if they won, giving them all the reason to do their best.

"You ready, Babs?" Apple Bloom asked her cousin.

"I sure am ready to win," Babs replied. "All that running around in Manehattan is finally about to pay off."

"What about you two?" Apple Bloom turned toward the twins.

"I'd maybe win if there was a giant milkshake at the end," Sundae told her. "That would get me to run."

"So would I," Brownie agreed. "My sister and me aren't very good at sports."

"Dad used to play hoofball, though," Sundae said.

"Yeah, but that was years ago," Brownie reminded her.