Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feedback on this background...

ShadOBabe

Hey guys, I need some feedback for this background.

I started a Tumblr for my pony OC. She's a circus performer. This is the background for the intro posts.

img-3326035-1-background_1_by_shadobabe-

I don't want it to be too complicated and distract from the characters talking.

But I still want it to be pretty. 83

What do you guys think?

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

It looks like it is fairly simple enough that it wouldn't distract in my opinion. I really like it. :)

Seems just about right!

Oh, yeah? Well thank you!!

Yeah, I want it to look pretty, but simple enough that it isn't chewing the characters.

• Brohoof 1

It's nice-looking and simple, and the juggling pins and balancing ball make it clear that it's a circus setting.

I'd say it'll do quite well.

Awesome, thank you!!

So far it's getting good feedback. Now I just need to stick in the characters and find a good font for the speech bubbles.

Pretty good. I would probably tone down the vividness of the curtains, but they're not really in the way. The simple art style and limited colour palette is also good as it helps the audience focus on the pins and the ball. Although you said it's meant to be a background, so I suppose that doesn't matter.

I assume that your pony OC is the pony in your avatar? if so, then her green coat really works well as the colours in the background don't blend in with her, which makes your audience immediately recognise your OC.

So yeah, I do think that the colours should be toned down, yet it doesn't matter because of the colour palette of your OC. It's up to you whether to tone down the background colours or not. Keep up the good work.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty good. I would probably tone down the vividness of the curtains, but they're not really in the way. The simple art style and limited colour palette is also good as it helps the audience focus on the pins and the ball. Although you said it's meant to be a background, so I suppose that doesn't matter.

I assume that your pony OC is the pony in your avatar? if so, then her green coat really works well as the colours in the background don't blend in with her, which makes your audience immediately recognise your OC.

So yeah, I do think that the colours should be toned down, yet it doesn't matter because of the colour palette of your OC. It's up to you whether to tone down the background colours or not. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for all the input.

I'll definitely take a look at maybe toning down the vividness a little bit, or at least keep it in mind whenever there's a scenery change.

And yep that's her!

Her coat's actually white. The green is her acrobat costume.

• Brohoof 1