Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need some serious technical help

Slice0Pie

Please, I really really REALLY NEED HELP! My Intuos5 Tablet is busted. Here is the story;

I couldn't figure out how to work the pen pressure. Someone told be to install the driver thing, because wacom tablets get wonky (I thank you for helping me). So I downloaded it, restarted my computer, now everything is messed up. I can't even draw in Paint Tool SAI now. Every time I press my pen on the tablet and just try to draw, it won't work. Every time I drag, lift up my pen, and drag again, the mouse just goes back in the middle of the screen. Honestly I am so upset. And really pissed off. I just wanted to fix the pen pressure. Now everything is messed up. I am seriously so fucking mad and upset now.

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Search your computer for the Wacom Preference File Utility, launch it, and under "All User Preferences" his remove, and see if that does anything. That's generally a cure-all I use to fix any issues with my tablet. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. Have you tried googling the issue?

Just by the way, the preference reset usually fixes pen pressure as well.

• Brohoof 2

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Search your computer for the Wacom Preference File Utility, launch it, and under "All User Preferences" his remove, and see if that does anything. That's generally a cure-all I use to fix any issues with my tablet. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. Have you tried googling the issue?

Just by the way, the preference reset usually fixes pen pressure as well.

I tried. I can draw again, but the pen pressure is still not working.

I tried. I can draw again, but the pen pressure is still not working.

Have you relaunched the drawing software since you reset the preferences? You may need to relaunch it 1 or 2 times after you reset it.

• Brohoof 1

Also, your signature, Warriors as in the book series? I loved that series xD

Eeyup :P I love the series to. It's really fun to read xD

Have you tried any other drawing programs? It may that that your tablet is fine, but Paint Tool SAI is having issues.

I don't really want to feel like trying an other drawing programs since I just bought Paint Tool SAI and it'll feel like a waste of money :c

I don't really want to feel like trying an other drawing programs since I just bought Paint Tool SAI and it'll feel like a waste of money :c

So I assume relaunching it didn't work? Try going into "Wacom Preferences" (not the file utility) and switch to the pen tab, and just check around there to see if anything is amiss (I am not familiar with the Intuous tablet, since I just have a bamboo :C)

And maybe trying other programs would work, try a free one like GIMP or something just to see if the pen pressure works, so you can pinpoint the issue (either if it's with Sai or the tablet itself)

Edited by qMotus
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not saying to switch to another program permanently, I'm just saying to test the tablet in another program.

Open MS Paint and scribble a few lines. If the tablet works, then you know that the problem is with SAI and not the tablet.

• Brohoof 2

So I assume relaunching it didn't work? Try going into "Wacom Preferences" (not the file utility) and switch to the pen tab, and just check around there to see if anything is amiss (I am not familiar with the Intuous tablet, since I just have a bamboo :C)

And maybe trying other programs would work, try a free one like GIMP or something just to see if the pen pressure works, so you can pinpoint the issue (either if it's with Sai or the tablet itself)

Here is what happened; I tried relaunching Paint Tool SAI, but every time I open it back up, I can't draw apparently, so I go back to the file utility, do all the steps again, and it still doesn't work. I have MS Paint and Gimp, and the pen pressure doesn't work on either, so I'm guessing it is the tablet..

Have you tried installing the drivers you got with the tablet. I got a disc with specific drivers for my intuos5. That were for just the pen pressure option.

Edited by Doz2nd

Have you tried installing the drivers you got with the tablet. I got a disc with specific drivers for my intuos5. That were for just the pen pressure option.

I had a CD but I installed it in my old computer, which broke. But I just installed drivers today from the wacom website

And you are sure they are for your tablet, I've had the same problem that you have when I downloaded the wrong driver.

I could check again, to see if I was correct.

And you are sure they are for your tablet, I've had the same problem that you have when I downloaded the wrong driver.

I checked it again. It is the right one.

I could check again, to see if I was correct.

I checked it again. It is the right one.

In the Wacom properties software, can you see the "grip pen" as a Tool?

Almost out of ideas, but have you tried launching the sketch program with admin rights?

Since everything seems to work outside the programs.

Yep, it looks like that. The pressure meter is responding to it

Almost out of ideas, but have you tried launching the sketch program with admin rights?

Since everything seems to work outside the programs.

Yeah, I tried. Still does it's evil thing.

Well, there is a light in the dark. Your tablet's fine ;).

This seems like something odd but try closing your web browser while installing both Sai and the driver (guy with the fix didn't specify which program).  "Someone with similar problem"

Edited by Doz2nd
  • Brohoof 1

Yep, it looks like that. The pressure meter is responding to it

Have you tried simply unplugging it and plugging it back in? Or perhaps restarting your computer again?

Yeah, I tried. It still did it's thing

Not sure then. I'd just try googling around a bit more, I've said everything I have had to do. Besides reinstalling the correct driver, that's it. But you've already done that several times.