Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ironic Observations

Cwanky

Simply put has there ever been anything in the show, or even the fandom for that matter, that you find ironic or contradictory? Not necessarily in a bad way either.

Here's a classic example between Applejack and Rarity:

Its even more uniquely ironic because, even more ironically, Applejack is the only one of the Mane 6 to consistently wear ANY clothes at all - that being her stetson hat. Its also further ironic because Applejack is the person of the Mane 6 that cares the least about clothes and wearing it, unlike Rarity, and yet she more than likely has an attachment to her hat, whereas Rarity consistently wears no clothes at all, despite having a career in designing and making clothes. 

Have at it ya'll. :smug:  :D

Fandom Stuff

-Ponies in panties

-Ponies in Socks

-Changelings be in having no gender

-Dinky's horn twist the other way

-Derpy is a single working mother

-My Little Pony Was Pretty Satanic looking bad guy

-Most creatures of the none pony might be Lower-class Citizens

I find the usage of glue in the world of FiM to be a huge irony (as seen in episodes like Hearts and Hooves Day).

For those that don't know, glue is made from collagen, which is found in equines, particularly horses. 

What's not ironic here isn't that Applejack is sitting "like a human," but rather that it seems that when the original "sitting" Lyra scene came up there was a whole fuss and fanfare over it for that reason and drew her to fame. Fans sometimes fixate on the most inane things.  :wat:

Also Winona's an actual dog that is not barking here. 

In "Last Round Up", AJ is a rodeo star.  IRL, most rodeo events either involve horseback riding or cattle (which are sentient in MLP).  Also, the whole herding cattle thing (In Apple Buck Season & elsewhere).  Cattle being sentient, why would they need herding?

Also, In the EQ movies, T knows nothing of Earth tech, but Manehatten, at least, clearly has at least 1950s level tech. 

I don't think she says that.

But she did say that she doesn't show the same enthusiasm like her sister does, which is kinda similar. Also, for almost the entire episode, her face is kept straight in a way that we think it'll remain that way.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

But she did say that she doesn't show the same enthusiasm like her sister does, which is kinda similar.

I'm not sure. There are some people who don't show their enthusiasm not because they hide their feelings, but just because it's their nature.

I'm not sure. There are some people who don't show their enthusiasm not because they hide their feelings, but just because it's their nature.

That's what I'm saying. She claims she doesn't show her enthusiasm yet she did after saying she loves Pinkie.

But no, she doesn't say that.

Maud Pie: [deadpan] I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't show my enthusiasm for things quite in the same way my sister does.

That's what I'm saying. She claims she doesn't show her enthusiasm yet she did after saying she loves Pinkie.

Oh ok (but that's different from hiding her feelings). ;) Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say the biggest irony is the way the Changelings were treated.

Chrysalis was undeniably villainous in her actions, but she had good reason.

She herself said that it was her responsiblity to find food for her people.

Everypony knew her reasons for invading, and knew that the entire Changeling race would be doomed without a food source, but nopony thought to offer to help the Changelings.

This didn't bother me until I read Friendship is Magic #23, wherein a Kelpie enslaves the citizens of Ponyville and attempts to flood the town, all for the sake of helping her water sprite friends reach the ocean.

Naturally, Twilight forgives her and agrees to help.

B2LWR9d.png

Seriously... what the hell.

They're both villains who use mind contol  and attempt to destroy a city.

Why are they treated so differently?

Speaking of changelings, they're creatures obviously built around deception and subterfuge, hoping to secretly leech the love out of the ponies of Equestria... and their attack plan is to swarm the capital and divebomb everything to pieces?? What possible good does that do? At the very least, once the shield was down they could have swarmed the streets, transformed, and blended into the populace so that no one could be sure who's who.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone, the ponies included thought this version of Pinkie was bad:

They should consider looking at some of the toys.

Rarity_Crystal_Empire_Playful_Pony_toy.p

Even on a good day, Rarity doesn't look that bad.