Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cars... in Equestria?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

I think if there are cars in Equestria, they're only found in cities like Manehattan and not in places like Ponyville. I mean, Ponyville only has dirt roads, which are fine for equines, but aren't exactly conducive to automobiles.

• 3 years later...

There are no cars in Equestria, never have we seen any or ever will see any. In Manehatten they have black tar roads and streetlights like you’d see in cities in the human world, but instead of cars they use carriages for transport around the city. The taxis in Manehatten aren’t cars at all but they’re carriages which are meant to be substitutes for cars. 
The reason as to why Equestria doesn’t have cars is unknown but I have a few reasons for this. I guess in Equestria it’s more environmentally friendly that way because cars have exhausts which release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Also cars are meant to be designed for biped use as humans are bipeds and we have seats designed for us to sit back in, but ponies are quadrupeds and they wouldn’t be able to sit in car seats comfortably. The steering wheel is also something which can be perfectly gripped and used by hands, if hooves were to try and grip a steering wheel they wouldn’t do it well and it would mean ponies wouldn’t be able to turn the steering wheel properly and would be at a greater risk of crashing. 

On 11/13/2011 at 7:38 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

How long has this toy been around? I know that Hasbro has put toys like Twilight's balloon and the season 2 train into the show before, so do you think we'll ever see this car?

First time I see this car. Are you sure it is official?

The first car found in Equestria was Applejack's fire truck hallucination in one of the earlier Pony Life episodes :mlp_wat: