Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your dream car?

No Longer Here

• 1 year later...

Wouldn’t call it a “dream car”, but I’ve had a thing for the Ford Crown Vic (2nd gen) for a while now. Probably will get my own car this year, although fuel efficiency will probably push me to buy something else :scoots: . They use 8-cylinder engines.

• 2 years later...

If I didn't have to worry about reliability, a Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale (the old one with the V8). Looks superb, and the sound the V8 produces makes me all hot and bothered. Truly a thing of beauty.

Italian engineering is famously unreliable though (I've heard the new GT/GC series are a bit better, but they're using V6 engines now I believe which won't sound as good or perform as well), so if reliability or practicality is a concern then I'd probably take a BMW M340i Touring, since that'd do pretty much anything I need it to and still be a good daily driver.

I drive a Volvo V90 currently. I like it - very practical, very comfortable, very reliable, very safe. But one thing it definitely is not, is "fun" - a fact which probably underpins most of the above criteria.

edit: Updated for 2024

Edited by daviddaviddavid

• 2 months later...
(edited)

My dream car would be a car made today, but using 100% old (1970s-1980s) plans, with maybe better materials (more corrosion resistant steel etc). I dislike modern cars, but my old car has a problem in that it is old - rust, problems with rubber parts, parts wearing out etc. What model though, well, I would be happy with a brand new W123, but something like a Lincoln Continental Town car, (1978 or so model) looks awesome, though I don't know how it is to drive and maintain it, but I do know about the W123.

Slightly more realistically (not by much), if Russia dug out the plans for VAZ-2106 (it  was made until 2006) and started making it, I would probably start looking on how to get one.

Edited by Pentium100
  • Brohoof 1

On 2022-07-07 at 4:26 AM, Pentium100 said:

, but something like a Lincoln Continental Town car, (1978 or so model) looks awesome, though I don't know how it is to drive and maintain it

They're reasonably simple and easy cars. They ride like a boat, aka you float. If you go over 80MPH the hubcaps do come off however. 

You'd want a '77 or before model, as 78 the engines got derated and smothered due to emissions regulations. 

The beginning of the end of an era for the American Luxury Car market.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

If you go over 80MPH the hubcaps do come off however. 

I guess that's one reason to not go over the speed limit. 

I always liked the look of American luxury sedans, I have seen some from up close during a parade, but never been in one and especially never had to repair one.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

I guess that's one reason to not go over the speed limit. 

I always liked the look of American luxury sedans, I have seen some from up close during a parade, but never been in one and especially never had to repair one.

80 is the limit here, with a 5 over tolerance. 

Are there a lot of older American cars over there?

Being in an old Lincoln...find one of those really soft and comfortable "quicksand " couches. About like that but not as much"quicksand". "Your living room in a car " is a phrase I heard somewhere. 

Quite a few people would about live in them around here for parts of the year (farmers, custom harvesters, rodeo people) as they are a big comfortable car.

7 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

Are there a lot of older American cars over there?

Sadly, I don't see them on the street (I also very rarely see another W123), but there is some kind of American car owner club and they organize parades once in a while, I have seen a couple of them.

• Brohoof 1

If I ever wanted a dream car, it’s probably because it was a transformer at some. Specifically this guy

image.jpeg.682a5672d828b51a1d19c2c76607fa2e.jpeg

But since Lambos are impossible to get unless you’re a gajillionaire, Bayverse Sideswipe will do

(edited)

I like my current car, a Highlander. I was never much for anything flashy, though I always liked the Crown Victoria. I suppose silver would be a nice color. Power is great (V8), gas consumption ain't...

Woop, image won't load oh well. Google it!

Think I drove one once as a courtesy car, but didn't really know it since I wasn't into it as much then.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...