Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Random Roleplay {Private}

Gatekeeper Giggle

To the OOC

This entire plane of existence is nothing but a empty, featureless void. But not for long... Soon, something will be made here. Whether it be something of radiant beauty or something of ceaseless horror, is up to whoever creates something here first...

Edited by Stormgiggle

42 used this golden opportunity to shape the land in his image. The floor, the walls, and even the very air are all now filled with floating, glowing numbers, equations, graphs and common geometry objects. Doors are now locked by maths, and to open the lock you must correctly complete the mathematical task set by the one who created the lock. Everyone, except for the main characters who were protected by plot armor, has been turned into numbers much like 42 himself, except they're all a boring single colour instead of two different colours like the magnificent 42.

Once he was done, 42 went to his throne room and sat down on his shiny new triangular-prism throne. The red rectangular carpet leading to his throne was decorated with 42 cylindrical candles, 21 on each side of the carpet. It was there that 42 awaited any potential visitors to his new wondrous maths land.

Stormgiggle suddenly found himself in a land of numbers and shapes. She was confused, as only seconds before she had been sleeping in a giant haunted castle. Looking at her surroundings, she saw that she was in a vast field of some sort. In the distance, she could see a large palace made entirely of numbers. Stromgige suspected that all of this was the work of the floating number she had seen in the giant floating castle. All around her, floating numbers harvested fractions off of giant cylinders. Stormgiggle assumed these floating numbers were workers of some sort. As the floating numbers begin to take notice of her, Stormgiggle begin to hatch a plan...

"Greetings, residents of the Land of Math! I, Casanova De Firebrand, have come to free you from the chains of oppression!"

The floating numbers were confused. They didn't feel very oppressed, and they told this strange alien creature so.

"Oh? Then why is it that you are out here harvesting fractions day and night, working yourselves down to the lowest common denominator, while your numeric overlords live comfortably in their palaces!? They leach off your hard work while giving you nothing in return! If that is not oppression, then I don't know what is!"

The floating numbers begin to see what Casanova De Firebrand was talking about. They didn't recall ever being paid for their work...

"And what gives your overlords the right to order you around like common chattel!? Did you ever elect any of these tyrants into power? In fact, have any of you ever even seen any of these mysterious despots!?"

The floating numbers were starting to get angry. They had never elected anybody!

"Theses evil oppressors have played you for fools, and even now they laugh at you from behind the safety of their palace walls! Are you going to just sit back and let them treat you like slaves!?"

The floating numbers loudly replied with a resounding No!

"Then strike back at them! Break into their palaces and show them that you won't be taken advantage of any longer!" 

The floating numbers had gathered into a massive unruly mob at this point, and as one they all begin angrily floating towards the palace in the distance.

When the numbers had all left, Stormgiggle allowed herself a evil chuckle. Whatever fragile harmony that existed in this land was now gone. She went to go find more numbers, hoping to incite an even bigger rebellion...

• 2 weeks later...

Out in the farthest reaches of space lies a small, white planet, not much bigger than Earth itself (Not that Earth exists... Yet). This planet is the home of a single inhabitant; a King. The King is the last of an ancient race.

Long before time existed (However that works), his race, the Arequarians, built a device that could manipulate space and time. The Arequarians used this device to create the perfect being.

They strived to create a race greater than their own, but their first attempts ultimately failed. They had created beings with emotion and creativity, but the beings were unable to maintain peace among themselves. Instead of destroying them, the Arequarians decided to let their creations live. To prevent them from causing harm to anything else, the entire race was banished to another realm until the day that they understood the true meaning of harmony.

(I'll tell more of the story soon)

Edited by A.I. Pony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When Punicpunch is transferred to this unrecognizable land, he is enraged to find the land has become numbers. On a whim, he decides to track down 42, because who else would make a world purely of numbers? His tactic is to find the largest building shape and breach it to approach 42 about this "issue". After a bit of flying around (give or take a few minutes), Punic notices the large shape with numbers spread throughout the walls. He began to come up with a plan in order to interrogate 42.

Edited by Punicpunch

Learning from their past mistakes, the Arequarians created a peaceful and colorful race that cherished love and unity. Unfortunately, their view of pure tolerance led many to do unspeakable things under the influence of evil rulers and those who wished to enslave their own race.

Believing that they failed horribly once again, the Arequarians prepared to banish the young race like their predecessors. However, the corrupted leaders were not left unopposed. Groups fought to free themselves and others from the iron grip of their shadowy overlords. Seeing this led the Arequarians to leave their creation alone, hoping that they would solve their own problems... in time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

But the Arequarians' actions did not go unnoticed. A powerful dark presence had witnessed the Arequarians' attempts to create the ultimate lifeform. The dark presence greatly desired the ability to freely create life and it became jealous of the Arequarians' power. The presence knew it was not strong enough to attack the Arequarians directly, so it decided to instead seek out their first creations. It slunk into the realm to which they were banished to, and calling itself Mrak, it began to influence them. Mrak quickly grew to admire the humans, as they called themselves, and considered them to be a near perfect life form. Mrak taught the humans magic and technology, and in return the humans worshiped Mrak as a god. Mrak also told the humans about the Arequarians, and in time the humans grew to hate them just as much as Mrak did. Together, the humans and Mrak planned their revenge...

Theme of Mrak:

Edited by Stormgiggle

After a while of planning, Punic finally came up with a plan. He would find an underground access and use his secret prototype to make his way up with the assumption 42 would be at the top. Punic approached the large building and surveyed the landscape for maybe a ventilation shaft or something related. He went nearer to the building to find a vent but couldn't locate one. He decided to just break in through the entrance and try not to trigger an alarm. Punic trotted up to the entrance and it was protected by a mathematical equation.

(edited)

Through the 42 survellience cameras throughout the building, 42 saw that there was an unauthorized robotic pegasus trying to get into his palace. No, this isn't right, the residents here are meant to follow their orders exactly and without question! It was mathematically perfect! But hold on, this wasn't a number, it was actually a pegasus... Which means he's being invaded by outsiders! To try to keep the pegasus out, 42 quickly went to his control room and switched the problem that initially locked the door, a simple addition problem, with something much more difficult.

Solve, giving your answer in exact form: post-27784-0-53223000-1425448858.png

(The answer:)

126/29

Edited by FortyTwo42

Punicpunch looked at the lock and saw the simple addition problem turn into a complex equation even he did not know. Outraged, he looked around and saw the surveillance camera. He unsheathed his hooksword and took a quick swipe at the camera to disable it. Punic electrified his hooksword and jammed it into the lock in an attempt to overload the wiring and unlock the door.

@

A strange squelching sound begin to emanate from around a corner of 42's palace, right where Punicpunch had been just a few seconds ago. Whatever was making such strange noises was out of sight of Punicpunch from his current location, he'd have to go around the corner to see what it was...

<<>>

@

Shimmering pillars of water filled the most of the vast room, filling the chamber with an eerie light. Pictures of thousands of different places and worlds, seemingly selected at random, flickered across these pillars of water at a leisurely pace. Human magi, cloaked in robes of blue finery and standing on platforms of light, carefully observed the pictures dancing across these columns. In the center of this vast chamber, a dark presence sat on a large throne, surrounded by a ring of large crystal rods. Magical energy flowed from these crystal rods, and this dark presence carefully directed the magical energy flow into the pillars of water. While the dark presence worked, a glowing blue figure materialized itself in front of the throne.

"Mrak" the blue figure spoke emotionally, addressing the dark presence on the throne. "Have you found the king yet?"

Mrak looked up from his work, as if he had just noticed the glowing blue figure. "Don't be silly, my dear Program! As I have told you before, at our current rate of progress it'll take about a century of searching before we find the king."

"It'll be one hundred and thirty two years exactly, Mrak." one of the robed human magi spoke, without taking his eyes off the pillar of water he was observing. 

"Very good, my dear friend! So you see, it's only a matter of time before we find and kill the old geezer!" Mrak winked at the Program.

"This is acceptable. Time means nothing to us." The program begin to fade, but stopped when Mrak begin speaking again. 

"However, with the help of the chosen one, our search could be over in a few minutes. And now I ask you, my dear Program, have you found the chosen one yet? He could be anyone or anything, but it's very likely that he will appear as one of the programs you exiled for having emotions."

"Negative. We will bring the chosen one here when he is found." The program faded away, still emotionless as ever.

"I hate those guys." Mrak muttered, after he was sure the program was gone. 

• Brohoof 1

Immediately after shoving the sword into the lock, a squelching noise caught the attention of Punicpunch. Curious of the noise, he jerked the hooksword from the lock and walked around the corner; he would enter the door after this "brief intermission".

As soon as Punicpunch rounded the corner he came face to face with large pile of black ooze that was squelching across the ground, following in Punicpunch's hoof steps. The black ooze stopped when it came within a foot of Punicpunch, and then slowly but surely formed itself into the robotic pegasus' exact shape and size. It even make a copy of Punicpunch's hook-sword out of black ooze, and the fake sword faintly crackled with black electricity. 

" 'ello mate! Seem's I 'ave finally found you, 'ay?" The black ooze spoke, now copying Punicpunch's exact measurements. 

As soon as Punicpunch rounded the corner he came face to face with large pile of black ooze that was squelching across the ground, following in Punicpunch's hoof steps. The black ooze stopped when it came within a foot of Punicpunch, and then slowly but surely formed itself into the robotic pegasus' exact shape and size. It even make a copy of Punicpunch's hook-sword out of black ooze, and the fake sword faintly crackled with black electricity. 

" 'ello mate! Seem's I 'ave finally found you, 'ay?" The black ooze spoke, now copying Punicpunch's exact measurements. 

Punicpunch was surprised by the shockingly similar shape of the ooze. He pointed the hooksword at the mirror image.

"Wha- Who are you?" stammered Punic.

Punic eyed down the oozy clone to see how similar he was copied. Was he just aesthetically similar or completely cloned?

The black ooze seemed quite amused by Punicpunch's careful inspection of it.

"Isn't it obvious, mate? I'm you! Don't be afraid, I'm 'ere to 'elp you!" The black ooze's copy of Punicpunch's hook-sword disappeared when the black ooze said that, it was absorbed back into the ooze's body.

Punic eyed down the oozy clone to see how similar he was copied. Was he just aesthetically similar or completely cloned?

While still made entirely of black ooze, the strange being was the exact same shape as Punicpunch.

In response to the sheathing of the ooze clone's sword, Punic also sheathed his hooksword. Punic was confused by the clone, why would a clone be created to help? Especially when it was made completely of evil-looking ooze.

"But, why? What reason do you have to help me?" said Punic, skeptically.

In response to the sheathing of the ooze clone's sword, Punic also sheathed his hooksword. Punic was confused by the clone, why would a clone be created to help? Especially when it was made completely of evil-looking ooze.

"But, why? What reason do you have to help me?" said Punic, skeptically.

"Cause I want to get out of this crazy number land, and I 'ave a feeling you do to. If we work together, we'll 'ave a much easier time of escaping this bloody nightmare." Dark Ooze Punicpunch confided. "Besides, there are certain... monsters lurking around about that I'd rather not face all on my lonesome."

A blue cloaked magi rushed up towards Mrak's throne, running as fast as he could. "Sir! We have reports of a possible program incursion!"

Mrak's head jerked up upon hearing this unwelcome bit of news, his eyes locking with that of the magi's. "I knew this day would come. But why so soon? The programs gain nothing by attacking us now, and they lose their best way of finding the king if they destroy us." Mrak thought deeply for a bit, and then smiled. "No matter, I'll be glad to get rid of those annoying pests once and for all! Prepare our forces. All of our forces. I want them ready on a moment's notice."

"Cause I want to get out of this crazy number land, and I 'ave a feeling you do to. If we work together, we'll 'ave a much easier time of escaping this bloody nightmare." Dark Ooze Punicpunch confided. "Besides, there are certain... monsters lurking around about that I'd rather not face all on my lonesome."

Punicpunch thought for a moment about whether or not he could trust this "Dark Ooze Clone"

"Alright," Punic agreed, "I'm already having trouble getting into the building anyways."

Punicpunch walked back towards the door and looks at the broken lock.

"You have any ideas?"

The dark ooze clone smiled at Punicpunch, it seemed to almost quiver in excitement. "I'm 'appy that you're working with me! I was afraid you'd try to 'arm me... Well, I could try slipping under the door. Then it would be a simple matter to unlock the door from the other side and let you through!" 

And then suddenly a periwinkle unicorn mare suddenly popped in out of nowhere. The unicorn, Spellbind, seemed rather confused at her sudden spontaneous appearance and had no idea where she was or what was happening.

(You decide where she pops up XP)

And then suddenly a periwinkle unicorn mare suddenly popped in out of nowhere. The unicorn, Spellbind, seemed rather confused at her sudden spontaneous appearance and had no idea where she was or what was happening.

(You decide where she pops up XP)

Amddiffynnydd waved a hoof in front of Spellbind's face, a look of concern on her face. "Are you okay? You look a little out of sorts, maybe you should sit down." Amddiffynnydd gestured toward a nearby seat in the cafeteria. "Anyway, our ship is done auto repairing, so we're going to send it back to Earth! We're ready to start our mission, and we're really hoping you'll help us integrate into Equestria!"

Amddiffynnydd waved a hoof in front of Spellbind's face, a look of concern on her face. "Are you okay? You look a little out of sorts, maybe you should sit down." Amddiffynnydd gestured toward a nearby seat in the cafeteria. "Anyway, our ship is done auto repairing, so we're going to send it back to Earth! We're ready to start our mission, and we're really hoping you'll help us integrate into Equestria!"

Spellbind blinked at everything that was going on. "Oh, thats right..." she muttered to herself, remembering the odd events that had transpired.

"Sure, ready when you are," she said, getting up. "I'd be happy to help you integrate into our society," she offered with a smile.

Spellbind blinked at everything that was going on. "Oh, thats right..." she muttered to herself, remembering the odd events that had transpired.

"Sure, ready when you are," she said, getting up. "I'd be happy to help you integrate into our society," she offered with a smile.

"Thank you for your help! You don't know how much it means to us!" Amddiffynnydd smiled. "We'll need to get off the ship now, so if there is anything else you want to do or see here, you better do it now. As you well know, the ship is heading back to earth, so it's very likely that you'll never get a chance to see it again."

• 4 weeks later...

The dark ooze clone smiled at Punicpunch, it seemed to almost quiver in excitement. "I'm 'appy that you're working with me! I was afraid you'd try to 'arm me... Well, I could try slipping under the door. Then it would be a simple matter to unlock the door from the other side and let you through!" 

"Alright, but it will be a bit difficult to open considering..."

Punic simply pointed at the broken lock; it had a hole in it and sparks were shooting out.

"I didn't design the building, but there may be an opening mechanism from inside, so go right ahead" he adds.