Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

24 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Does Okada think he's Matt Hardy Version 1?

Hey, it's not Okada's fault that Matt Hardy V1 was pirated Okada software. 

• Brohoof 1

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

(edited)
1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey, it's not Okada's fault that Matt Hardy V1 was pirated Okada software. 

Okada removed "3" from counting so he'd never lose a match. :devious:

Okada can see John Cena and was unimpressed. >_>

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Delighted Giggle 1

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Okada removed "3" from counting so he'd never lose a match. :devious:

Okada can see John Cena and was unimpressed. >_>

Now you're getting the picture. 

Of course other NJPW fans aren't participating. We've known this for over 12 years. 

• Brohoof 1

Congrats to Dustin Rhodes his tag partners, Ross & Marshall Von Erich on becoming the new ROH 6-man tag team champions at AEW: Battle of the Belts XI.

Dustin's first championship win on AEW TV, the first time a Von Erich has held a championship on national TV since 1990 and the first time that the Rhodes and Von Erichs joined forces in over 40 years.

All going down in the Von Erich's own backyard of Arlington, TX. 

image.thumb.png.0c7eaef76ddf9016e3fab8db97a5d5bc.png

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

The re match  stipulation we've all been waiting for:

RDT_20240803_1822286982936517013065289.jpg

That joke is so old Ric Flair’s on his next marriage. 😜

• Delighted Giggle 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

The re match  stipulation we've all been waiting for:

RDT_20240803_1822286982936517013065289.jpg

I heard this joke so much since they started feuding, but it never stops being funny :ButtercupLaugh: I secretly hope that they do something like this XD

• Brohoof 1

Summerslam spoilers

Spoiler

LA Knight finally dethroned that fraud and Gunther is World Heavyweight Champion, you love to see it

And Solo's in trouble now

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-2m4ommo.jpg

Signature by @J.R.

Equestrian Empire's current Party Pony!

Hey.

Would you believe it if I told you that Billy Maze, the guy behind Oxy Clean, almost had a deal with the WWF?

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

It is with a heavy heart I must inform you all that 'The Taskmaster' and 'The Prince of Darkness' Kevin Sullivan, one of the head bookers of WCW, has passed away at the age of 73.

A man who was ahead of his time, creating one of the darkest and most hated villains in wrestling history, Kevin Sullivan was one of the few people to have his career successes be entirely outside the WWE, even becoming one of the reasons why WCW was a thorn in WWF's side for 83 weeks. From Championship Wrestling from Florida, to NWA/WCW, to ECW, even to ROH. Kevin Sullivan has had a hand in how wrestling was shaped for many fans.

Rest In Power, Booker Man. May your legacy live on. 

Kevin Sullivan Says WWE Should Make The Undertaker A Booker For The ...

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

I’m giving up wrestling, time to say goodbye and move on to other things.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

38 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I’m giving up wrestling, time to say goodbye and move on to other things.

I completely understand your decision and how meaningful wrestling has been for you. I went through a similar experience over a decade ago when I stopped following wrestling because I was frustrated with the product in 2010s. It wasn’t until several years ago that I started to follow it again. There are times when I feel disconnected from the current product, but then something random pulls me back in. Maybe one day I will move on too, I don't know. Wrestling has a unique way of drawing people back. Moving on from something you’ve invested so much in is never easy, but I’m confident that whatever you pursue next will be just as fulfilling. Whether you decide to leave it behind entirely or just explore new interests, I wish you all the best in your new journey

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

And the hits keep coming.

Pro-wrestling NOAH's N1-Victory started last week. Y'know, the one with the NXT guest stars? Well NOAH's ace and last years winner, Go Shiozaki, wasn't medically cleared last minute due to a cracked vertebrae. In his place was his tag partner, Jr. Heavyweight vet, Atsushi Kotoge, looking to prove his worth in the heavyweight ranks.

Well now Kotoge has to pull out due to a neck injury, apparently suffered at the hands of NXT's Josh Briggs. No word yet on if there will be a replacement for the replacement or if they'll just cut the spot entirely and give everyone in the block a free win. How cursed is it a pair of tag partners get injured working the same spot in a tournament? 

【ノア】潮崎、小峠組がGHCタッグ新王者に | 東スポWEB

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

I stopped following wrestling because I was frustrated with the product in 2010s.

WWE from mid-90's - Attitude Era - Vince McMahon was finally forced out: giphy.webp

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE from mid-90's - Attitude Era - Vince McMahon was finally forced out: giphy.webp

It's disappointing that the backstage drama often seems more exciting than the actual shows, especially with how childish things have gotten backstage at these promotions. I stopped watching AEW a while ago and now mostly skim through recordings and highlights of other promotions, as it’s tough for me to sit through full wrestling shows. With rumors of even more troubling actions by Vince still hidden, I doubt everything will come to light, likely due to his connections. While Triple H is doing a decent job overall, I’m starting to think I might eventually move away from wrestling entirely and dive into a few other new fandoms instead.

• Brohoof 1

So remember when I mentionef GO Shiozaki was out of the N1 and had to be replaced by Kotoge? And now Kotoge is out of the N1?

Well add another name to the list. Third generation star, El Hijo de Doctor Wagner Junior, the first Luchadore to hold NOAH's top prize, has now had to drop out of the tournament due to a cervical sprain. 

Two forfeits in the span of a day. This tournament really is cursed. 

Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. protagoniza telenovela japonesa

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Honestly Hunter has revived my hope for the company, his track record as a booker is much better than Vince's already

I agree.

That said, while I do like long Championship reigns because they build prestige, I don't like "knowing" who is going to win on most of the PLE's

because they're not WrestleMania or one of the other stadium shows. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-08-11 at 2:44 AM, Starlight Serenade said:

I completely understand your decision and how meaningful wrestling has been for you. I went through a similar experience over a decade ago when I stopped following wrestling because I was frustrated with the product in 2010s. It wasn’t until several years ago that I started to follow it again. There are times when I feel disconnected from the current product, but then something random pulls me back in. Maybe one day I will move on too, I don't know. Wrestling has a unique way of drawing people back. Moving on from something you’ve invested so much in is never easy, but I’m confident that whatever you pursue next will be just as fulfilling. Whether you decide to leave it behind entirely or just explore new interests, I wish you all the best in your new journey

Thank you for your kind words, Starlight Serenade. :coco:

• Brohoof 2

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

And another long career has come to an end.

Yoshinari Ogawa, the man known as Rat Boy for his underhanded tactics and ability to catch wrestlers in sneaky flash pins, has called it a day after nearly 40 years of work. A junior ace in AJPW known for his chain wrestling and submissions, he started to break out as tag partner of company ace, Mitsuharu Misawa. Ogawa would be right by Misawa's side during the great exodus and was on the ground floor for the foundation of Pro-Wrestling NOAH. Ogawa's grappling style was also influential for reintroducing the world of sport catch style to a new audience. It was Ogawa who inspired, then mentored a young Zack Sabre Jr. With Ogawa calling it a day, only Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, Masanobu Fuchi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Naomichi Marufuji, are the only active wrestlers left from Giant Baba's All Japan. And in true Ogawa fashion, he wants no final match. No ceremony. No ten bell salute. Just leave him the hell alone. 

The man with the Zebra trunks who had the best entrance music today in Scum of the Earth by Rob Zombie. 

Enjoy retirement Ogawa-san. Arigatou gozaimazu. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

And the hits just keep coming. 

It is with a heavy heart I must inform you all that Afa Anoai, the other half of the wild Samoans, has passed away at the age of 81 years old. 

The father of L.A. Smooth, Manu and Samu Anoai, uncle of Roman Reigns, nephew of Peter Maivia and brother of the late Sika Anoai who formed the popular Wild Samoans team. A strong but humble man who with his brother started both a business and a family dynasty. Now the brothers can finally be together once more.

Rest In Power Afa. Your legacy is living on. 

Pin by Ed Robinson on Wrestling:The Sport of Kings | Wwf, 8x10 photo ...

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

(edited)

I'm less embarrassed by the fact that my everyday carry includes plastic equines that probably used to belong to a little girl than I am by the fact that I've been on my feet SCREAMING at forty-year old videotapes of adult men in their underwear pretending to fight.

Edited by returned_dragon
  • Brohoof 1

And the finals of G1 Climax are now set. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7f02dc4bdee4edb57cf21987bf183d6a.png

A first time match up for a pair of first time finalists. Yota Tsuji looks to become the first man to win both the New Japan Cup and G1 Climax tournaments in the same year, that year being his first calendar year as a New Japan star. ZSJ is looking to cap off the apex of his career's work and prove he can be the man New Japan can count on. And should nothing of note happen between now and Jan.4th 2025, the winner will face EL Ignobernable, Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP WHC in the Tokyo dome main event. 

As of writing, the final night of G1 Climax 34 starts in 21 minutes.