Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Im]possible endings to MLP

Lemon Slices

Welcome brony! Welcome to my article about some endings I thought about MLP that would be the weirdest of all:

#4: Nightmare Moon II [Possible, but it would have a happy ending]

Luna rebels against Celestia -- again -- because she is mad again at being the princess of the night and there is nobody praising or worshipping her.

#3: [improbable] New Foals

The idea of the mare6 having foals is very improbable, because they would, like, end the adventures, the things, and let's be clear, they are, at least, teenagers.

#2: [Only if television would be hacked] Discord's Omnipotence

Discord reveals himself as a Deus Ex-Machina, and Twilight was his main creation, and used her as a doll, when she thought was getting powers and more powers and knowledge and friends by herself. -- I know, it's like Diaries of a Madman.

#1: [impossible] Celestia get out of the picture

IDK. Bad idea. Who would move the sun?

Post some weird ideas here too. Or discuss about it.

Celestia has been secretly toying with peoples lives using her magic for her own amusement with the power of voodoo. Mane 6 try to stop her, but she can control them. Would make an interesting story. It would probably end with Twilight or Luna being the main princess and then the cycle would eventually repeat.

An ending where it turns out that Tree of Harmony is really Hasbro and is manipulating the MLP universe to make unrealistically bright and cheery so it can sell toys to little girls. The mane 6 set out to destroy Hasbro and succeeds in doing this, but it comes at the cost of Equestria being a near utopia like land. But at least it's real, you know?

• Brohoof 1

@@Lemon Slices

As this seems to be a discussion centered around the show itself, I have moved it to Show Discussion. Keep in mind that any show-related topic goes there while fandom-centered topics belong in Sugarcube Corner.

Thank you and have a good day. :)

• Brohoof 1

I used to wonder if Discord was as powerful is Mxyzptlk. But based on what I saw in the season 4 finale he seems to be more at the level of Aladdin's Genie.

Too be fair that kind of stuff has happened to Mxy more than once. But I've considered Discord to be essentially a djinni from the beginning so the genie comparison fits. Especially if being good begins to make him weaker later on :3

Well, this was the ending I always wanted.

Jack = Celestia

Ben = Luna

Hurley = Twilight

"Island" = Equestria

The cave and the "light" could just be whatever you imagine, some threat against the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRFPV2FJr0U

That's my ideal dream ending.  For something wacky and weird, how about The Twilight Show ending, where she finds out that all of Equestria is an artificial studio built to film her life.  That'd be something or other.

(Im)possible ending #777

Pinkie Pie is worshipped as the Goddess of Logic, as she by herself can break through all logical things. Maybe some pony ghost-authors would write that she born by a virgin and becomes the Queen of the Earth Ponies against the injustice of the ruling of Unicorns. Bam! Religion created.

[Man, Im kidding, just ignore it]

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Dulset Tarn  Discord seems less powerful in Twilight's Kingdom than he does in Return of Harmony.  This is a good thing, because IMO he was just too powerful, he'd be a show wrecking Deus Ex Machina

Silvadel   That's sort of the way TV show Saint Elsewhere ended.  Lewis Carrol used it for Alice in Wonderland & the movie Wizard of Oz used it, it's too cliché (although Princess Bride kind of made it work)

Well, IMO, episode 65 was originally going to be the series finale (& it works reasonably well for that) & then they decided to renew for season 4.  If they have a season 6, I'd go with Celestia & maybe Luna retiring & Twilight in charge of EQ.

• Brohoof 1

The most impossible would be some prophecy of Daring Do of that Equestria would be destroyed in 2012th year.

--Oh!

Just think about it: Luna and Celestia must have developed their magic power for centuries. The Nighmare Moon incident took 1000 years... Yeah, close to 2000. Really close.

Big Mac and Flash Sentry both propose to Twilight. She has to choose between them.

She chooses Big Mac. But while they're planning their wedding, they realise that they were better off as just friends. So they decide to call off the wedding.

But after a few days, Twilight realizes that it's too painful being around him. She confronts Big Mac about it, and he decides it would be best for everyone if he left Ponyville for a few months, to go and help out in Appleloosa.

Applejack is now resentful towards Twilight for breaking up her family, and taking away an important part of the Apple farming team. This causes a rift between the elements of harmony. Rainbow Dash and Rarity (who herself had harboured feelings for Big Mac) side with Applejack. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy side with Twilight.

Because of the rift, Twilight's magic starts to fade. (The element of magic only appeared when the other five elements were together.) In time her magic returns to the level of a regular unicorn — even Rarity is slightly more powerful than her.

A new evil comes to Equestria... I don't know... maybe Mojo Jojo. The elements of harmony are powerless to stop it. Discord tries to reunite them, but only ends up driving them further apart.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity decide to form a new mane 6 along with their (in Rainbow Dash's case, adoptive) sisters, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle, who now all have cutie marks. (They earned them off-camera. And although we know they have cutie marks now, all the scenes that show their flanks are too fleeting or blurry to make out what they are.) They wield the elements of harmony against Mojo Jojo but it doesn't work because... say, Scootaloo can't fly. Mojo Jojo fires the magic back in their faces, and Scootaloo and Rarity die.

Equestria becomes a barren wasteland. Cue theme music.

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle
  • Brohoof 2

I think what could be a possible ending is that all of the mane6 get older and start to chase their passions more like Rainbow dash becomes a wonderbolt, Rarity becomes a big shot desighner in a place like manehatten, Fluttershy get's hired to look after some sort of very rare spiecies or gets a carear in singing, Applejack has to concentrate on expanding the farm or something like that, Pinkie pie becomes some sort of world class entertainer and Twilight has to take on important royal duties.

They start to drift apart untill they all run into trouble with something in what they are doing and then theres a song they sing about there problems saying how they need help more then they ever needed it before. After that they all relise they need the help of each other to pull them though the diffcultys so they all get together once more and help each other fix the problems they needed help with creating a an everlasting bond together.

Then they have a party to cellabrate and during that in the background have them talk about how friendship will always be with them together as the part ways once more.

Let me know what you think about it and if you think it's possible.

• Brohoof 1

I really could never see MLP ending but if it did I wouldn't want an everlasting cliff-hanger, I would prefer a second Draquonicis  that is stronger than Discord and makes the Mane 6 break up and become their own certain versions of evil. Then either Celestia or new Harmony wielders have to defeat them and unlike Luna, when they are defeated they get older ( Granny Smith Age) the formerly evil ponies gather up some of their last strength and build a senior center where they then retire to. 

We discover that Twilight's adventures were actually herself trying to cast a parallel universe spell, and the main objective was just to give a try, but she liked of living in that world. But she needed to get back to her home universe, once her adventure to human world in EG (ooh) disturbed the universe lines.

Ponyville never existed. Twi get sad of losing her friends, and an adventure begin to find them in the parallel universes once again.

Twilight Sparkle -- The Traveller

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I think a good end to My Little Pony should relate to Lesson Zero a bit, but also mixed with The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask's Dawn of the Final Day, except with the sun. An asteroid hits Equestria, and lands on Celestia. She then is unable to control the sun correctly and as a result accidentally causing a supernova (I know, our star won't supernova, but most stars do, and this is on the planet of Equestria), exploding Equestria and its entire solar system, killing all of the ponies and there'll be no more My Little Pony to enjoy. This would make a reasonable end to MLP, not just randomly ending because there's nothing left about friendship to learn about, if there's life on other solar systems, life will have quite a brutal end. I'm afraid it's the sad truth.

EDIT: Wait, I just remembered about alicorns being immortal. Cadence, Celestia, Luna and Twilight would all be in space, in that same area of when Twilight had her last two minutes of being a unicorn, and then they all are lying there in space, in complete misery.

Edited by gamecubeguy214