planning The Adventures of the Equestrian Seas (OOC)

Pucksterv

Please note that this will be my first ever RP. Not just as a DM but also the first time playing in one.

Some of you might have already noticed the pirate thing going on in the http://mlpforums.com/topic/27262-you-just-got-kissed-by-the-user-above-you-your-reaction/ thread.
It started when Shark Woona called me captain. Then we kinda kept talking like pirates. Then other joined and so on.

We (or at least I) think it's a good idea to start an RP about this pirate pony crew.
Just about the adventures on the seas, searching for legends, drinking cider and rum or just eating cookies
Ship's name: the Chocolate Pearl

If ye have any ideas for the story or ye wanna join please let me know!
If ye want to make a OC for this RP, you are quite welcome.

The crew so far:

Link for other jobs on the ship: http://www.thepirateking.com/historical/ship_roles.htm

Ye don't have to pick on of these jobs, ye can also make one up, if it's reasonable.
Ye don't have to be apart of the crew, ye can be a side character, Authorities, Random drunk guy, sea ponies or  somebody who gets kidnapped, you name it and I will accept it if it's not too crazy.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/124248-the-adventures-of-the-equestrian-seas-ooc/

The official discussion thread for the RP

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

Let it be confirmed that I be joining. Arr  :smug:

Will ye be joining me as Jonas or as in Rave Darkmane ?

Also got any more ideas for the story?

• Brohoof 1

Will ye be joining me as Jonas or as in Rave Darkmane ?

Also got any more ideas for the story?

I be joining as my OC Rave Darkmane. 

I might have a few ideas  :smug:

• Brohoof 1

Im thinkin imma gonna use my regular, Star Racer.

Also, for the story, maybe have it in a modern-ish world? I dunno if i can keep track of all the "ye yo me aye capn!" gibberish i am supposed to add in to sound like a pirate. Maybe have the crew members be a mix of veteran and rookie pirates? That could explain the difference in their dialect. "Ye yo me aye capn!"

• Brohoof 2

Perhaps it could be that the Captain, Caramel, needs crew members and she starts either recruiting or "tricking" ponies on board the ship to work and to seek out adventure. So it would make sense if the crew members didn't all speak like pirates. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Pucksterv,

May I enter Spellbind? Maybe they kidnap her for some reason :o

Sure you can!

But keep in mind that is a thread for planning and discussing the story. There will be a Sign-Up thread later.

So don't forgot to post there too. Also if ye have any ideas for the story please let us now ^_^

Im thinkin imma gonna use my regular, Star Racer.

Also, for the story, maybe have it in a modern-ish world? I dunno if i can keep track of all the "ye yo me aye capn!" gibberish i am supposed to add in to sound like a pirate. Maybe have the crew members be a mix of veteran and rookie pirates? That could explain the difference in their dialect. "Ye yo me aye capn!"

Could give me a link for star Racer?

And I think we're  just gonna start somewhere in Equestria, maybe in a town near or with a port/harbor. Something like that.

As for time, since it's in Equestria, we should probably just set the time around after the season 4 finale. Unless ye have a problem with that of course.

Perhaps it could be that the Captain, Caramel, needs crew members and she starts either recruiting or "tricking" ponies on board the ship to work and to seek out adventure. So it would make sense if the crew members didn't all speak like pirates. 

Yes I think that's a great idea. Maybe start in a bar, getting people drunk and talking them into going on a adventure with pirates.

We can also meet in other ways. Maybe some pony really needs money or they're being chased by authority. Either way they don't really have a choice :P Or if ye just want to join pirates for no particular reason, that's fine too

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

I think Wilhelm, my OC, could possibly be a navigator or some such.

I'll wait until you post the signup thread, of course. Moving on to my ideas for the story:

The crew of the Pearl race back to their ship, with gold filling their saddlebags-gold "liberated" from the town bank. Chased by the police, they rush back to their ship, picking up a few ancillary people (ie, kidnapping) along the way to make sure they got away. They cast off and head into the high seas. Behind them, with aims for stealing the Pearl's cargo, for lawful or devious purposes? The Royal Navy and the Pearl's 'fellow' pirates. Can you live the life of the pirate?

That's all I have so far..

• Brohoof 2

I'll wait until you post the signup thread, of course. Moving on to my ideas for the story:

The crew of the Pearl race back to their ship, with gold filling their saddlebags-gold "liberated" from the town bank. Chased by the police, they rush back to their ship, picking up a few ancillary people (ie, kidnapping) along the way to make sure they got away. They cast off and head into the high seas. Behind them, with aims for stealing the Pearl's cargo, for lawful or devious purposes? The Royal Navy and the Pearl's 'fellow' pirates. Can you live the life of the pirate?

There is a navigator  :lol:. But I suppose there is something called apprentice navigator or something  :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As JonasDarkmane said, we already have a navigator, but you can be an apprentice. Basically you are still in training, learning from the master. As for your OC, I like but maybe a bit too dark. This rp (in my opinion) is probably going to be a happy and joyfull story (with maybe some dark if others want). You can join with your OC, that's no problem. :P Just not too dark.

I also like your ideas for the story :P

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Maybe the crew is intrigued by Spellbind's horn deformity and that's why they kidnap her?

She could fall asleep and her hat fall off.

Maybe they stole her hat when she was sleeping. but then she woke up a ran after them to get her hat back. 

She would follow them to the ship and ask for her hat back and maybe realize she would want to a part of the crew so that she finally be a part of something. :P Because of her horn she always felt a bit left out, but since this group of pirates are all a bunch of weirdos (no offence) she will fit in ^_^. Just an idea...

I think this should be great to play in the RP (if I do say so myself) so it's not something that happens before the RP (like a kind of back story stuff)

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Pucksterv,

Marvelous idea my friend!

Though I wonder why theyd want her hat...

Maybe they were drunk (from the rum) and they'd thought it was just fun to take someones hat :P

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe they were drunk (from the rum) and they'd thought it was just fun to take someones hat

Or perhaps they are drunk (as you suggested) and just really like the hat  :P. Perhaps someone needed a hat to look more like a pirate and just took the opportunity to take someone else's hat. 

• Brohoof 1

Or perhaps they are drunk (as you suggested) and just really like the hat  :P. Perhaps someone needed a hat to look more like a pirate and just took the opportunity to take someone else's hat. 

Agreed :P

• Brohoof 1

I can start a sign-up thread but only if everypony things there is enough story to begin with.

I think we should start the RP with recruiting everyone, like meeting every character for the first time.

• Brohoof 1

First of all... that list is missing the cook =p

1. You could also have a separate ship... belonging to a navy hunting for pirates

2. Searching for some lost treasure on a trap-filled island

3. just plunderin' mehearty

4. Rescue mission to rescue a crew member caught and sentanced to death in an imperial coastal fort

Or:

https://youtu.be/3A19q7rysLs

And anyway.... if there is no cook...

Lordy Snow

https://youtu.be/RgyoSorU5sA

• Brohoof 2

First of all... that list is missing the cook =p

1. You could also have a separate ship... belonging to a navy hunting for pirates

2. Searching for some lost treasure on a trap-filled island

3. just plundering' mehearty

4. Rescue mission to rescue a crew member caught and sentenced to death in an imperial coastal fort

And anyway.... if there is no cook...

Lordy Snow

Yes, ye will fit perfectly with this crew! Always appreciated a good cook! Also with yer running away for yer crimes, a ship is a good place to hide! Thanks for the ideas!

• Brohoof 2

Yes, ye will fit perfectly with this crew! Always appreciated a good cook! Also with yer running away for yer crimes, a ship is a good place to hide! Thanks for the ideas!

np... 

his crime was desertion... nothing else...except shooting enemy soldiers =p

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

np... 

his crime was desertion... nothing else...except shooting enemy soldiers =p

still a crime...and even so still fits in perfectly  :lol:

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1