Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Quarantine

biloh

Croaks was in George's apartment.

"I have no bites or injuries," he said, "The former HO even tested me. I'm clean."

Croaks sat down in a chair in the apartment.

Lovely thought she saw Lab brag blush, but disregarded it. Smart ponies like him usually didn't want anything to do with 'girly' ponies like her. She took the hammer and smiled, whilst waving it around harmlessly(using her magic) before placing it into the saddlebag she was carrying. "Your home is beautiful." Lovely giggled as she followed Lab brag to another room.

Lovely's eyes lit up as she walked into Lab brag's lab. Her head filled with amazement and wonder. I feel like a filly inside Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. "Is everything editable?" Lovely whispered to herself and giggled slightly.

Suddenly an idea dawned on Lovely, "if this infection is a disease? Then couldn't you create a cure? I mean, if we got a blood sample, you and the doctor could-" Lovely stopped herself in fear of sounding stupid.

Edited by Shankveld

Lionheart heard the the screaaching was over and decided to look at the door. The HO stopped attacking the door and had attacked another pony. Without losing a moment Lionheart went out and carefully this time tried to make one shot at the HO. He then made a wall barrier to prevent the HO from reaching them. The hall was no split in half by the barrier the way that leaded upstairs which was were he and the other pony were and the one leading downstairs that was were the HO was now.

It was then that he finnaly noticed the scratch in his neck (Damn that isn't good I am not sure if this is enough to infect me or not better stay silent for now and see if he is ok..) He thought as he leaned to Amphyrion and asked. "Are you ok ? We need to get you upstairs to the other. Maybe they can help ." He tried to help Amphyrion stand.

The monster that was once the HO was in pain. His broken leg was now only attached by a small amount of skin and muscle. But he had tasted flesh. Flesh is even better than blood! With three hoofs, he stumbled to the barrier and began to beat on it. A barrier that large and strong couldn't last long, but the HO didn't know that. Believing it would stay up forever, he shambled down the hall to find another way around.

"Your home is beautiful," said Lovely. "Oh, well thanks. I AM pretty good at home decoration," I said with a boastful attitude. Stop yourself, idiot. You're starting to brag again... stay humble.

..."Nope, nothing here is edible," I chuckled, ",but you can have some cider from my wine rack if you'd like." As I was rummaging my wall cabinets, I found a couple of syringes, a box of band aids, rubbing alcohol, and flu medicine (Mareaflu). "If this infection is a disease? Then couldn't you create a cure? I mean, if we got a blood sample, you and the doctor could-," asked Lovely. Before she could even finish her sentence, I had already dropped everything on hoof on a counter, rushed over to her, and grabbed her hooves. She's done it now. How was I supposed to keep myself from bragging when a beautiful mare had just admired my talents?

"YOU'RE A GENIUS, Lovely!! With my lab, my research already done on a cure for the common cold, and George's medical skills, we could come up with a cure in 10 seconds flat! Sure, we would need a couple of supplies to make it happen ,but... I can't disappoint her. I can't let her know that I there's no way in Discord's inferno I'd be able to find the supplies needed for a cure in our building... I am sure it can't be too hard!"

Edited by RhythmHooves

(edited)

It's 12:40am.

An infected HO attempts to bite Ampyrion and tears a bit of flesh off, but Ampyrion is not infected. The leg the HO bit was a false leg Ampyrion had placed in after the accident with the pegasus brothers.

12:45am.

Lionheart has three bullets left, and is safe for now. Suddenly Lionheart's cell phone rings, he answers, it's April Shower (his ex-girlfriend). April Shower is a beautiful mare, but Lionheart ended the relationship a little over a month ago due to her 'stalkerish' qualities. "Oh hey Lionheart! It has been so long! Listen , I just happen to be driving by your building today, and saw some pretty disturbing stuff! The doors are all sealed off, there's like plastic covering the entire building, and there's a swat team outside! Like what the buck is-" the line went dead.

12:47am.

As Lab brag was looking for supplies in his apartment he noticed he had a message on his answering machine. Out of curiosity Lab brag played the message. "Good afternoon Labby, it's Aunt Sandy calling. I hate to not tell you this in pony, put you're mother passed over the weekend. I'm sorry." Lab brag's mother had been hospitalized for leukaemia for over a year now, the death was inevitable.

12:50am.

As Croaks sits in George's apartment he begins to sweat and shiver at the same time. He tries to get up, but his muscles are sore and he feels weaker than he did before. His strange behaviour is noticed by the other members of the apartment.

12:55am.

Lucas is able to push the infected fire-fighter away with him, but as he runs out of the apartment, the dead filly girl he saw earlier is now standing. Blood is dripping from her mouth as she starts screaming and charges at him. Lucas is surrounded. Luckily there is a metal bar next to hit, he has time to kill one.

Edited by biloh

Lucas looks at the Filly "Give me a break will you" he looks behind him at the firefighter chasing him and then looks next him by the door is a metal bar, He runs for the metal bar Swooping it up in his mouth and he charges the little filly hitting her across the head with bar a muffled sound comes from his mouth "Gwotwa" Guessing he is saying Gotcha, He turns just in time to see the firefighter come to the door of the room his face drops as he runs again this time for the stairs.

Croaks, for some reason, is having a hard time trying to stand up.

I must just be nervous, he thought, I didn't even get touched by one! How could I be infected?!

He notices the other ponies looking at him strangely.

I must just be paranoid, too.

Croaks then says out loud to no one in particular, "If I get infected," he stared off into space, "Agree to throw me out of the room."

Edited by Pilot

I let go of Lovely's hooves. "Mom... my mom is dead," I said in a timid voice as I was in disbelief of what I just heard. I picked up my wireless phone and chucked it all the way across the room. As it hit the wall, it's casing broke off and there was a mess of wiring on the floor. I slid my back against the wall and sat up in a Lyra-like position, and buried my face into a shield I made with my front legs, so Lovely wouldn't have to look at the defeated, poor, excuse of a colt I was. At first I cried softly ,but quickly it changed from soft to a newborn filly's cry. "I guess... I should've... spent more time... researching cancer... than that stupid... cure for a common cold," I said with less than four words between sobs. After a while, I got up and grabbed an apple cider from the wine rack. I opened the cap, chugged the whole thing down, then smashed it on the floor. Shards of glass were everywhere. Every last bit of confidence I had from 2 minutes ago was gone.

"How... how am I supposed to save us all when I can't even save my own family? I might as well just kill myself now before I do any more harm giving false hope."

Lovely's ears perked up as she grinned seemingly from ear to ear and held onto Lab brag's hooves. "I knew we weren't doomed! You're amazing!" Lab brag went into the other room as Lovely heard a faint voice in the background and he came back, the positive energy suddenly died.

"Mom... my mom is dead," Lab brag's words frozen Lovely. She covered her mouth with her hooves in shock. Lovely watched as Lab brag went into a self-destructive state of mind; shattering a phone and a glass, drinking an entire bottle of cider, crying in the fedal position. "How... how am I supposed to save us all when I can't even save my own family? I might as well just kill myself now before I do any more harm giving false hope," Lab brag sobbed to himself.

"Now I will hear no more of that!" Lovely announced sternly, receiving Lab brag's attention. Lovely nuzzled next to Lab brag and wiped his tears away with her long soft tail. "Your mother's death is not your fault," She put her hoof around him for comfort. "I know your mother loved you very much, she wouldn't want you to kill yourself. You have so much to live for, she's probably the proudest mother ever. Your hansom, smart, funny, successful..." Lovely blushed a little, "the point is, you could be a hero here. We need you." Lovely began rubbing Lab brag's back, "I bet she'd be so proud."

Lucas running Up the stairs only just see's the HO and tries to stop and tunr the other way after noticing the three legs instead he slides into the HO knocking him over and sending Lucas flying down the corridor hitting a wall as he screams so loud from the pain you could here it two floors up. He tries to stand and realises his leg is bent the wrong way "No no no this cant be happening" He begins to fly upwards slowly trying to get away.

I stopped sobbing. She... she really is amazing. She's not just a pretty face... she's sweet, generous, funny, always says the right things, and most of all, she makes me feel warm inside. Such a contrast from being locked up in my lab every day, where it's cold, lonely, and calculations are my only friend. She could make any pony happy and encourage them in any situation, and she was proving it right now by comforting me in the loneliest point in my life. This is it. This is the mare of my dreams, the mare I never want to let go and protect with my life. I wasn't going to let her down. NO, LETTING HER DOWN WASN'T EVEN AN OPTION. Not just for her, but for EVERY PONY in this building. WE WERE GOING TO MAKE IT OUT OF THIS ALIVE! And Lovely was the mare who let me see that.

I nuzzled Lovely back. "I love you Lovely," I said, blushing in fear of rejection. I wanted to kiss her, but I wasn't sure that she shared the same feelings as me. "I always have. Ever since I moved in here three months ago. I just didn't want to make a fool of myself trying to compete with the other, more handsome colts who fought for your attention.. I thought that some pony like you wouldn't go with a bookworm pony like myself. I admired you a lot Lovely. But, now that I know what kind of pony you really are, I see the beautiful heart inside the beautiful mare." I paused for a moment, realizing how I was completely ignoring the task at hand. "I'm not going to let you down, Lovely. I'm not going to let any pony who lives here down. I'll find a cure, no matter how difficult it may be. I already lost some pony important in my life ,but my mother wouldn't want me to waste time crying over her. She may be proud of me now up there in Celestia's skies ,but she won't be proud of me if me and every other pony in the building meets her there. Thanks, Lovely. I owe you nothing ,but my best in getting us out of this."

Edited by RhythmHooves

"For Celestias Sake! GO AWAY!!" he Swings the metal bar at the HO's Head as he flies higher until he hits the roof. "come on where the hell is everypony....Help! anypony!" he shouts looking down at the HO thinking he cant get me here i should be ok...i just hope somepony comes before i tire out.

As Lionheart was going down he heard a scream and not soon after saw Lucas and none other than the HO. Lionheart stayed in the Shadow avoiding being seen. He quickly made an illusion of himself and sent it to go down the stairs hoping it would get the accursed HO attention. He slowly walked toward Lucas gun ready in case his plan failed and the HO attacked.

"Lucas are you all right ?" was all he could say. Apart from all that a weird feeling overcame Lionheart. He noticed he was sweating more and the tiny scratch on his neck was in pain, not the pain such a small scratch should make. This got him anxious fearing that he maybe become one of those things.

The HO saw the fake double of Lionheart. It doesn't smell like food. He looked back up. Lucas was staring at something else. I can't reach him, but something else is here. I can smell it! He looked at the fake Lionheart. Doesn't smell like food. Somepony else is here.

"The former HO?", he looked towards the door again. ( I'm going to assume that everyone went inside. ) "You mean the one who just... ran away after dying?", he sighed. "Now I won't force you to make us check. But you seem sick, I don't know the symptoms of it, you all seem to insist that it transmits by bitten wounds, so it could be very well also airborne or just trough spit or sweat.", he now pointed at the bathroom. "Please check yourself for any kind of wound or anything abnormal. And leave the door open...", to make sure of that he took the key.