Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help with OC's (figuring out names)

PonyPal123

Hi everypony, i have been doing a lot of work on my OCs and i just cant think of the right names for my ponies so i would really appriciate it if you could help me out in this area. Below are some basic descriptions of my OC's.

One of my ponies is a female who is an earth pony. Her Cutie Mark is a chefs hat and her job is cooking desserts and sweet foods. Her mane is tied up in a pony tail and she has a fringe that rests on the side of her face and she has two streaks. I haven't come up with colours for her yet.

My second OC is an female astroligest and a pegasus. Her cutie mark is a telescope, she has long layered hair staring at dark blue ending up with minty green and for now she has a white base.

And my third pony is a female reporter and a unicorn. Her cutie mark is a pad of paper and a pen.

She has sort of bouncy hair that ends before her shoulders and i don't have colours for her yet ethier.

So any ideas at all would be greatly appriciated.

Well for the earth pony: Faites Cuire (means to cook in french)

Charmant (means delightful)

Magnifique (great)

Well for the earth pony: Faites Cuire (means to cook in french)

Charmant (means delightful)

Magnifique (great)

Actually charmant means charming. Delicieux would be what I can think of what's closest to delightful, but even that means something else (delicious).

Second one could be named after a constellation or a star, like let's say Sirius.

Third one could be named something like  Scoop, or stuff related to journalism.

Edited by MCAsomm

Remember, their appearance at birth and background story are actually what decide their name. Think about it: When they are born, their flanks are blank. And their beginning personality may be shown through some small thing they did at birth. I'm not good at coming up with names... But I just wanted to sound smart for a change and post this. :P Do what'cha want!

Remember, their appearance at birth and background story are actually what decide their name. Think about it: When they are born, their flanks are blank. And their beginning personality may be shown through some small thing they did at birth. I'm not good at coming up with names... But I just wanted to sound smart for a change and post this. :P Do what'cha want!

What I find strange is that each pony has a name that is linked to his CM even before he/she got it. 

• Brohoof 1

Stargazer seems like a good name for the Pegasus. :)

For the chef, maybe "Gourmet" something.

Try finding some journalism/cooking terms. Find one with a nice ring to it, and develop a name from there. :D

Al Dente is a good sounding term. I think it would suit a stubborn chef. Other options are Maître D and Bouquet garni.

Edited by AmberDust

thanx every pony, good ideas and all but still not quite what i am looking for and i also have another pony i have been working on,

Cutie Mark: 3 Paw Prints

Mane: Short and sort of spikey, with a little braid

and once again any ideas will help