Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Elements

LordSwinton

Arcing Storm
@@Swinton

Storm flew through the dark and cold sky, even with strong gusts of wind against him. He is both a speed and endurance flyer, but the weather is making it hard to fly, even for him. Suddenly, he was caught off guard by a gust of wind behind him and threw him to the towers of the castle, effectively knocking him out cold.

(edited)

I didn't remember anything about coming of my own free will. I didn't even remember coming. I was having memory issues. "Let me handle this. Maybe he needs encouragement." My six floating katanas appeared again and I pressed them to points on the guards body. If he so much as did anything but tell the truth, I'd move the edges and he would be in pain. Neck, back, and each of the legs had a katana poking into it. He was fine for the moment.

"Let's try this again, and tell us the truth this time. Who's messing with our minds? Why don't I remember this place from yesterday? Who forced us to come here? And don't say we did all this ourselves, because I have a good memory and I don't remember such a thing. And you know what, I don't remember my own ascension to Alicornhood, so mind telling me what amazing thing I did that made me earn wings? Hmm?" I really hoped I wouldn't have to hurt him, but my patience was growing thin and I was still hyped up on adrenaline from practicing with Caliber.

I was trying very hard to not hurt him, but would if I had to.

Edited by bronislav84

"I DON'T KNOW!" He screamed his lungs out. "THERE WAS A BIG WELCOMING PARTY, AND YOU WERE ALL ALICORNS. YOUR ASCENSIONS ARE WIDELY KNOW PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE! GO ASK A SCHOOL FILLY!" He panted heavily. Very crossed no doubt. This was going too far. Royalty or not, this was abuse!

"You hear that?" Starchase perked up, ears standing.

• Brohoof 2

I made the katana's vanish. "I think he's actually telling the truth, or at least he believes it." I moved close and looked him in the face. "I'm sorry sir. I didn't mean to upset you, but I had no choice and the two of us were just fighting. I really thought you were lying to us. Please explain how come I remember none of that, and couldn't control my magic when I woke up. If we were here so long, why was I not used to it?" I asked him sweetly, trying to be nice with the adrenaline rush going away.

while lektra was tying to make her adrenaline go away, caliber was trying to hold onto his. "listen, i get that someponies would want me to become an alicorn. BUT. i dont wanna be an alicorn. can you tell us who made us into alicorns?" he asked, sword still out. "cause i wanna be a unicorn again."

"Sir, nobody knows how to ascend into alicornhood. If we'd knew, we'd all be alicorns. You once overtook a city all by yourself. And when you returned. You were an alicorn." The guard wheezed. "Princess, I really can't help you. Perhaps you should speak with the wise one. She may hold answers."

• Brohoof 1

There was great fanfare in the dark empire that day. A soldier patrolling the castle grounds had discovered a black alicorn while doing his duty. The servants chained the unconscious prince and took him to their ruler.

At first glance, the king could tell this pony a as royalty. Horn and wings. He couldn't believe his luck. Not only was it a prince, but an element as well.

He ordered his minions to bathe the unconscious pony and place it in one of the guest rooms. The dungeons would do too much damage, he had bigger plans for this one. He dispatched a message to the enemy immediately, demanding an audience at his castle.

• Brohoof 1

Arcing Storm
@@Swinton

Storm groaned when he slowly sat up, his whole body hurting badly and especially his head. "What the buck happened...?" He slowly got onto his hooves and looked around. "And where is this place?" It looked like a guest room. Is he inside the castle right now?

"I DON'T KNOW!" He screamed his lungs out. "THERE WAS A BIG WELCOMING PARTY, AND YOU WERE ALL ALICORNS. YOUR ASCENSIONS ARE WIDELY KNOW PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE! GO ASK A SCHOOL FILLY!" He panted heavily. Very crossed no doubt. This was going too far. Royalty or not, this was abuse!

"You hear that?" Starchase perked up, ears standing.

"Yeah," Amber said, frowning slightly. She looked towards Starchase with a quizzical expression, ears perked up.

"I think he said something about 'ascension'," she said. Amber pondered this a moment. Perhaps the guards had something they could tell them about their situation, after all.

"Maybe we should go check things out," Amber suggested, then added with a smirk: "My master plan can wait 'til later."

(edited)

There was an excited murmur in the room as they watched the alicorn captive awaken from his sleep like state. They rushed off to inform the king of this new development.

"A guard found you unconscious on castle grounds. You are in one of the castle's best guest rooms. Please rest up." A meek mare appeared at the bedside. A servant of the king.

"Master plan?" He looked curiously at her as they walked to the source of the earlier screams. This seems to be a change of attitude from her earlier paranoia. "Ascension, like to alicornhood? I doubt anypony would know anything about it. But if it pleases you." He trotted alongside them.

Edited by Swinton

(edited)

Midnight flapped along, "Master plan? Amber, why you ackin' so cray cray?" Is Amber paranoid? I don't know. Should I know? Aaaagh!!!  she screamed inside. "So...is the person who screamed crazy? Or did he die? I don't like dying. No one likes dying. Can someone like dying? I don't know..." she blabbered.

Edited by LyraBae

Amber let out a sigh as her joke went over both of their heads.

"Its probably nothing as serious as death," she said to Midnight, offering a smile. "It sounded more like angry yelling."

Although she sounded brave and rather sure of herself, on the inside Amber was pondering the possibility. Could we die here? she thought. Gears churned in her head as she tried again to make sense of their situation, but her thoughts were dismissed as they reached the room where the angry yell had come from.

"What's going on?" Anber asked.

(edited)

Amber, Midnight, and Starchase showed up at the stone dueling arena where I was resting from my duel with Caliber. The cuts had started to close up but were still visible.

"Oh, hey guys." I said as I raised my head from my laying position. "Caliber and I were dueling while trading life stories. He's quite good. I wish I could be as good as that. We kind of hurt each other, but nothing serious. We found out some info, but it's all still very cryptic and I feel like my mind is being manipulated a bit." I then raised a hoof to point at the guard nearby. "I also may or may not have threatened to hurt this Unicorn guard to obtain information." I added sheepishly.

Edited by bronislav84

A guardpony rushed over to the five Elements, convieniently grouped together. "Sirs! Madams!" He breathed heavily as he tried to catch his breath. "S-Sir Storm... has been captured... b-by the Sombran Empire!" He reported and hung his head, hoping that none of them is going to go furious on him.

• Brohoof 1

"You what?!" Starchase looked at Lektra with an eyebrow raised that's said 'seriously'. He went over to the unhappy guard and helped him up. He apologized and sent him off.

"What do they want?" Starchase asked quietly.

"An audience with the Elements. In his castle." He guard chattered but had calmed down a great deal seeing as nopony was threatening him.

• Brohoof 1

caliber pulled out his sword once again. "how, many guards we got here?!" he asked, "i say we take the guards trained in stealth, and we'll lead a party to retrieve him!" he said, "or hell, kill 'em all if we have to!!!"

he was furious. didnt matter or not he barely knew storm, those sombrian ponies need to die.

Amber cast a sideways glance on her still-in-training wings. Wake up with wings one morning, a few ponies disappear, you become an element, and suddenly you're storming a castle. She looked hesitantly at her fellow Alicorns.

"Do we really know what we're getting ourselves into here?" she asked.

"Yea sure, ignore the gashes on my neck and chest and help the guard who's completely unhurt. Sure I threatened him to get some information out of him, but he's fine." I said, still laying back to rest from the fight and let the cuts close up even a little. "Caliber is hurt too but less so. Look at him already spouting about fighting." Unfortunate the others didn't care we hurt ourselves while dueling. I laid back.

"Any idea what this Empire wants from Arcing, and how come I'd never heard of them before?" I asked the messenger. I hoped I wouldn't need to threaten this one to get information out of him. My mind was fuzzy and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to materialize and harden my katanas out of electricity until my cuts at least started to scab up. Sparky meanwhile painted a bit more of the disinfecting and coagulant liquid on my cuts, then went to Caliber to try to attend to his cuts as well.

"To be honest, I expected you two in worse condition." Starchase joked. "Besides, we're alicorns!"

"It is said that Prince Caliber possess twenty five wounds from his conquest of Corhayoli." The messager pipe up. "The Empire has simply requests your audience and no one's else at his castle. He has asked for nothing more. We are currently spread rather thin. Deployment may not be possible at such a short notice. The Sombran Empire is a dangerous place, to enter it without permission is to die.

• Brohoof 2

"No! It's permission to be brave, guys!" Midnight cheered, "We gotta go into the empire and face our fears, who's with me?" The foal flapped her wings happily, having spirit in her heart, "Amber, we're getting ourselves into an adventure! Come on guys, let's go be as brave a princesses!"

• Brohoof 1

A grin played at Amber's lips.

"An adventure sounds good to me," she said, looking about.

"But we're going to have to be smart about this. They have one of us, so if we just barge in they might think we're hostile and..." she looked up ponderously, searching her mind for the most delicate terms she could think of.

"...Tighten their grip on him, so to speak? We need to make them think we come in peace--which we do," she added hastily.

I was feeling better, but for the most part these cuts would take a while to heal. Maybe someone knew a healing spell. I sat up.

"I'd rather not engage in fighting in this condition, so what did you guys have in mind? I'm not much of a diplomat. Ask me about Magitek and I'm your gal, though." I looked at the guard.

"What can you tell us about the Empire's castle? Of course inflitration is out of the question?" I licked one of my wounds while I waited for an answer. The disinfectant had sunk in and done it's job, but I was still bleeding a little.

(edited)

caliber waved sparky away, who was assaulting him with what he assumed would be something that would sting. 

"i could just go in, and really cause a commotion." he said, grinning. "that might give the rest of y'all time to be able to infiltrate the place. im sure ill be fine."

he looked at the guard, who called him 'prince.' "call me that again, ill slice your vocal cords." he said cheerfully.

Edited by PeytonJay

Starchase stared blankly at them. All this talk of infiltration and castle storming turned his brain off. It was the whimpering guards that snuck behind him and scampered off that shook the clouds out of his head.

"We could do ask they ask and maybe come to some sort of arrangement to get him back." He suggested in a small voice. It seemed unlikely it would happen but he had hoped for peace. And he doubt his somewhat bloodthirsty friends would like that idea. "Also can we stop threatening the ponies that quite literally worship us? It isn't very polite and I don't think they like it. You've scared him away. Now how are we going to get any useful information?"

• Brohoof 1

Amber nodded.

"I agree with Starchase," she said, "but we should always have a plan B. Maybe even a plan C."

She looked over to her bleeding companions.

"I don't know any healing spells, but now that we're Alicorns, they shouldn't be too hard to learn. We can pick up some books at the school library before we head out, if you'd like." She smiled sympathetically at Lektra.

"And don't bully the guards!" She added sharply, sticking out her tongue at Caliber."We might just need them later."