Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Graphics Tablets

SweetAnnie

Hi Everyone!  :)

I want to ask You about Your experience with graphic tablets.
What are You using? What would you recommend?

What do You think about this one (of course if You used this) Wacom CINTIQ 13HD?

And how was Your first time with using graphic tablets? I know that most of them haven't display like this Wacom CINTIQ, so is it easy to get used to it? I mean coordination between space on screen and space on tablet.

Give me some advices please, how to choose? What is the most important? 

Thank You!  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

CINTIQ tablets are really expensive and the screen on them isn't exactly necessary. It's nice to have and makes things a bit easier but it's really expensive.

I have a Wacom Bamboo Splash, it's lasted me two years now and still works like a charm (despite being in a less-than-pretty state), and it was relatively cheap too at only $65. I doubt they still sell Bamboo models though.

Drawing tablets are really easy to get used to, but they don't automatically turn you in to a god of the arts so I'd make sure you're at least content enough with your skill/hobby before buying one.

Another thing: I'm 99% sure you can do this with other models, you can change between pen and mouse modes and change the area of your tablet to suit what you're most comfortable with.

• Brohoof 3

CINTIQ tablets are really expensive and the screen on them isn't exactly necessary. It's nice to have and makes things a bit easier but it's really expensive.

I have a Wacom Bamboo Splash, it's lasted me two years now and still works like a charm (despite being in a less-than-pretty state), and it was relatively cheap too at only $65. I doubt they still sell Bamboo models though.

Drawing tablets are really easy to get used to, but they don't automatically turn you in to a god of the arts so I'd make sure you're at least content enough with your skill/hobby before buying one.

Another thing: I'm 99% sure you can do this with other models, you can change between pen and mouse modes and change the area of your tablet to suit what you're most comfortable with.

Thank You for sharing experience and advise! :) 

• Brohoof 1

CINTIQ tablets are pretty expensive and only worth it if you're really serious about your hobby or you're a professional, it's not something a beginner tablet user should get.  I have an INTUOS Wacom tablet that was 100 cdn.  Though in the states, it's probably cheaper than that.  For some, getting used to a tablet can be pretty easy, for others it can be difficult, it really depends on the person.  I haven't really been using mine lately due to various reasons and have probably fallen out of shape since I'm not using my tablet.

• Brohoof 2

I have a Wacom Intuos tablet. I've had it for three months and use it a lot, it works well and is a lot cheaper. The coordination between the screen and tablet is easy to get used to, so I wouldn't say having an expensive one with a screen on it isn't necessary for a beginner.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a Wacom Intuos tablet. I've had it for three months and use it a lot, it works well and is a lot cheaper. The coordination between the screen and tablet is easy to get used to, so I wouldn't say having an expensive one with a screen on it isn't necessary for a beginner.

Thank You for sharing experience and opinion!  :icwudt:

Edited by SweetAnnie

I have a Wacom Intuos Pro (medium size). It works great and I haven't had any problems with it. The tablet-to-screen coordination is really easy to get used to, I got used to it on day one of using it.

I wouldn't recommend getting a Cintiq unless you have a professional job in art or some other visual arts job.

• Brohoof 2

Graphic tablets are great tools imo. I own a Wacom CTH470, great piece of gear. I used to draw on it, but now i use it mostly for writing my work at college, all saved to Microsoft OneNote. Useful!

• Brohoof 1

At the moment I have a Wacom Intuos, but I don't like it that much due to one bug with it that I've noticed some people had problems with as well. That when you try to draw it'll have lag then make a line which makes it difficult to get precise lines. Though when I get the money I want to get the Wacom Intuos Pro. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You all for Your opinions! :) I've made my decision ;)
It was tough, but I bought Intuos Manga, I think that's enough for a beginner like me ;) so I'm waiting for delivery ;)
Hope it will be good :D