Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Trouble in Ponyville (adventure rp)

sonicdashie

"shoot, well i guess we have to spread out and look for him" she sighed "ugh, we are always having to stop what we are doing to do something else" she said as she started to fly away. "skylar, you stay here and hold off the shadow ponies. Humble, Spellbind, you two stay here and provide any backup. Caliber, IB, you two come with me"

"Awrighty!" Skylar said, jumping about. "Let me know when you find him! I'm worried about that guy! He kept calling me mom! And I'm kinda pretty young, so he might be sorta-kinda outta his mind!" She began scanning the clearing for more shadows. Why would someone kidnap someone as helpless as that Kaymen? He'd better be alright. I thought I might have found a... friend.

@@Humble Hymn,

Spellbind did as Lightning Strike had instructed her and stood with Humble, ready to provide any backup. She wanted to make up for lost time after getting herself knocked out and the rest of the crew having to help her.

She thought she saw a shadow, and unleashed a blast of magic at it, causing a vase to shatter. It had been a shadow... but just any normal shadow cast because of the sun's position.

@@Littlecandylulu903,

"Whoa! Whoa!....You get it?" Humble looked at the aftermath of the blast, expecting to see one of the shadows again. He then realized what it was. "oh...well....it's good to see you're ready for trouble.....You know, I'm glad you're more comfortable with using your magic after everything that happened, it's not something I'd see myself able to do. That and...your will to actually fight...." 

@@Humble Hymn,

Spellbind sighed. "Yeah, well..." she said. "I employ the same tactics any coward would use - staying well away from the target and attacking from afar, like throwing stuff, or as I just did, use magic. Perhaps be hiding too. As soon as they come closer to me, I run away, still lobbing items and blasting them with magic."

She sighed again. "May be an effective tactic, but it doesn't exactly make me feel empowered on the inside..."

(edited)

@@Littlecandylulu903,

"Well that's not what I've seen. You've leaped into fights without hesitation. Against that one shadow you went at, before you even used magic on it. Not to mention the way you handled yourself against all those shadows we faced at the hut, and we didn't even know about you and your magic then. I said you were great at being a pony of heart, but not yet have i said how you are a great fighter as well."

"If anypony is being a coward at fighting, it'd be me. All I do is just get scared at the thought of fighting. I tried to keep a shadow away from one of our friends, but I just let it get out of my hooves and become more of a threat. I also kept Skylar from beating a shadow, just so it could get away. Yeah I have this flute as a weapon, but all it does is let me avoid fights. I played it so the others could fight, and kept myself out of harm's way. I couldn't even beat that weakened shadow you faced, just made it run away. I didn't think if it just came back angry and wanted to hurt you. I just can't handle violence, not even to protect those I care about, like you. If what you do is considered cowardly, I don't want to know what it is I'm considered to be..."

Edited by Humble Hymn

@@Humble Hymn,

Spellbind wrapped a hoof around Humble, and thought of something to say other than the opposite of what he had just said.

"Look," she said. "Not all of us are fighters. I respect you for trying to find ways of conflict resolution other than violence."

"And you protect in a different way, Humble. You're a ray of sunshine that suddenly shone through the murky windows of my life. If it weren't for you, I'd still be a wreck."

(edited)

@@Littlecandylulu903

"You wouldn't be a wreck, you never were. You focused on insuring life would be better for others, rather than focusing it on yourself. With a trait like that, how can your life be wrong? Though with that definition, I guess my life isn't so wrong either, with looking back at what you said about me."

"It's a shame though,it's only natural that we fight, and we all do our own kind of fighting. The bad creatures of our world fight with others, while the good ones like us end up fighting with ourselves." 

Edited by Humble Hymn

@@Humble Hymn,

Spellbind started to explain. "The part about ensuring life is better for others..." she said. "Part of that stems from insecurities involving my past."

"You see, when I was a filly, I got bullied and harassed a lot. The way I dealt with the emotions and angst that built up from it, as well as my horn? ..I would torture animals. Trapping mice in enclosed areas... pulling legs off crabs... I did other bad stuff too that I'd rather not talk about at the moment."

"So what I mean is, I often get psychologically tortured with guilt about bad things I did, and the reason I always try to do well whenever possible is because of underlying shame."

(edited)

@@Littlecandylulu903

Humble had to say something else to Spellbind. It seems she's been traveling to a dark and terrible place, a place that she didn't want to get out of. A place he knew too well of.

"Well, I don't say this to others, maybe it's not as big a deal as what you're saying, but here goes....I wasn't always this pony you see in front of you. Maybe I was kinda shy around strangers and had to hold my parent's hooves, but that didn't stop me from being a real jerk. All the time I thought life was a game I could play forever. I was cruel to others, said or did what ever was on my mind and only cared about myself. In school I would get in trouble with my fellow students, maybe I would laugh at them, hurt them in some way, or run away from trouble, leaving my friends to blame. Whatever happened, if I made a fool of myself, if I made sure things went my way, if tried to make others seem smaller than me, I would only care about myself and made sure I was better than others. All the time I was in my own world, and everything else was a plaything, didn't matter what happened to them, just as long as it made me happy."

"But we both know no pony can truly live like that without life catching up to you. If there were times my actions went to far, and I couldn't get out of it, I'd put myself in the worst of places. Blaming others, believing nothing I did was wrong, ignoring life itself and it's lessons, many things I'd do, all to make sure I was the one on top of it all."

"But life went on. Too many factors happened, I guess I began to grow up, karma came back at me, and I started to look back for once. Before, all the time that I did something wrong, or I was told I did something wrong, I just pushed it away and carried on with my "happy life". But then, I had no one to turn to, no one to make me happy, I looked at the only thing I had....myself. What I saw was terrible. All the times I made a fool of myself, all the times I hurt others, all the dark places I went, they all finally came to light. I was disgusted with myself, hated everything that I did, and for once, blamed myself. I tried to forget everything I did, tried to run away from that version of me, I never wanted to look back at what I was."

"Though I might of helped others by running, but I stopped trying help myself. I wish i was smart enough then as I am now. Cause we all know you can't run away from your problems. Trying to forget just brings back bad memories, and forgets the good ones. When ever something terrible happens, I remember myself being just as bad. When something good happens, I'm too foolish to try to believe I can be just as good. But now all I can do is run, from what I was, and now what I might be. Because I always have, and always will be, caring only about myself."

"What I'm really trying to say here is, while I'm trying to believe my kindness and everything is who I really am, I'm afraid that I just do it to hide the truth. I'm worried that I only do all these good acts to try to make up for all the terrible ones I did. I'm worried that I'm not a good pony, just one who's trying to get others to like him and feel sorry for. Though what I'm truly worried about, is that the young, stupid, selfish colt I once was, is who I truly am."    

"Sorry if I'm not as clear as I should be with my thoughts, i did say I try to run and hide from it all, so it all becomes so....fuzzy, when trying to put them back together." 

Edited by Humble Hymn

@@Humble Hymn,

Spellbind listened intently. She had sensed that Humble had more dimension to him than the shy, quivering daffodil he seemed on the exterior.

"You know," she said. "I was able to dupe my parents into thinking I was a sweet, innocent, harmless creature. One time, my mother was talking to me about good traits. I quote:"

"Kindness, devotion, loyalty. Those aren't things that are taught. They are things deep within you."

"In my opinion," said Spellbind. "That's a horrible message. The subtext is that you cannot change yourself however much you may want to."

"The guilt, remorse, and pain I feel are what melded me into what you see before you. I may be an emotional mess, but also one who tries to do little bits of good in lots of places."

@@Littlecandylulu903

"Well" Humble replied "I guess that makes two of us with emotional messes trying to do some good."

"Also, I don't want to say your wrong on your opinions, but I think that your mother's saying is more of that those traits aren't something that can just be given to you, but something you need to choose to find within yourself and let out. Even if you need help from others to guide you to it. Nobody can teach you to change, as you already have all the tools you need, you just need to choose to change....sorry....just....I'm sorry...can't get my mind to work right."

@@Humble Hymn,

Spellbind nodded with interest. "So what I hope you mean is, you can find any trait within yourself, no exceptions, and let it out. Or maybe that you can carefully and over a long period of time craft a trait to come naturally, not be forced. For example, me wanting to help out whenever possible, or liking both mares and stallions."

@@Littlecandylulu903

"Y-Yeah...I,uh, I guess" That last part of what Spellbind said caught Humble off guard. Hopefully he understood her correctly, and didn't get the wrong idea. He has a decent knowledge of ponies who have a different "interest" in genders. Though he never was exposed to any such ponies, he always accepted them and their own "ways", at least that's what he tells himself. While he never believed he would ever meet such a pony, never has he expected to meet one who he had a "special" relationship with. He didn't want this to come out the wrong way but he had to be sure. "When you say you "like" both mares and stallions....." 

He was finding it hard to observe these ponies. The part about the ponies past had been interesting, but what they were getting into now. "Ehhh, I think I have gathered enough intel" he laughed nervously and put the orb away from him, not wanting to hear more. A shadow stood beside him. "The prisoner has been secured?". The shadow seemed to nod. "Good". 

(edited)

@@Humble Hymn,

Spellbind sighed with a smile. "Just that. I would often gets crushes on somepony new like every week. That was how lonely I was... call me creepy if you shall, but before you and I started giving what we have a shot, whenever I met somepony new, I would wonder if we would be good as a pair..."

"I would have still had this affection for you even if you were a mare. Or I was a a stallion. Or if I was a stallion and you were a mare. But those scenarios could have made things awkward, since I don't know your... preferences..."

Edited by Littlecandylulu903

@@Littlecandylulu903

"Well, let me first say that my...preferences...are that of what is usually expected from a stallion like me. But I don't want to make this weird between us, as I share that same affection with you. To be honest though, this "interest" of genders that you have, is not something that I'm use to and is a subject that is kinda...awkward...for me. Although it's something I'm willing to get used to if we are giving all this a shot."

"With the subject of crushes, I kinda have this problem with mares of my age. Whenever I would meet a mare, I would always have this stupid idea that I would have a chance with her, looking at sides of her I see, and thinking how that would be a part of my life. Maybe it's because I'm a love struck fool who knows nothing of the opposite gender, or that maybe I'm just a jerk thinking of ways to...I should probably stop talking......" Humble looks at the ground. "I'm sure I would have, or maybe I have, been thinking of ways to manipulate you into my life, if I wasn't so scared out my wits with the shadows and everything...."

@@Humble Hymn,

"Trying to manipulate me into your life..." said Spellbind, looking a bit shameful, "is exactly what I tried to do with you before this new... relationship between us started."

"I wouldn't have minded at all if you tried to do it with me. I would love it, even. Feel massively grateful that somepony would want to be with me..."

@@Littlecandylulu903

"Well...I think that's something I could relate to. All the time I was foolishly attracted to others, I always wondered in the off chance if somepony were attracted to me that I'd be eternally grateful and be sure they wouldn't let that go. Maybe it was a little awkward when you nuzzled me and commented about my facial hair, being that it never happened before, and that I thought your affection was misplaced, for a pathetic pony like me. Though I think those feelings were to hide the truth, with like you said, that I was truly glad somepony actually cared about me." Humble gave a smile to Spellbind. "That was something I'm glad you did, and something I don't know how to thank you for."  

@@Humble Hymn,

Tears were welling up in Spellind's eyes. "I already have my thanks. My feelings for you being reciprocated..." she said, getting a bit worked up.

"And..." She blushed. "Yeah... I did wonder if the nuzzling and complimenting your beard were a bit... out there..." she said with a giggle, lightening the mood.

(edited)

@@Littlecandylulu903

"Don't worry, they were fine." Humble replied, with a smile. "Just know that I'm comfortable with it all and if you want to do anything like that again with me, you can...that was probably an awkward thing for me to say and for you to hear..." Humble said while rubbing the back of his head.

Edited by Humble Hymn

@@Humble Hymn,

"Nah, I should be saying that about the nuzzling and comments about your goatee," said Spellbind with a chuckle. "But anyway, moving on..."

"When all this is over, how shall we get to know each other better?" she asked. "We could visit each other... well, I think we should wait until I've got my own place before you visit me and I'm not living with my parents..."

(edited)

@@Littlecandylulu903

Talking about futures, houses and parents weren't something Humble was comfortable with, but knew he couldn't avoid."Well....I don't want to rush you with moving out of anywhere, and I don't mind at all that you're living with your parents or if I'd have to meet them. I'm sure they're great ponies, and that where you live now is a much better place to be than the lonely place live at..."

"As with coming up with better ideas, I'm sorry to say I'm not good when it comes to planning my future, as it should be important since you might be in it. I'm sure none of this is what you want to hear me say, but I'm not really good at saying anything..."

Edited by Humble Hymn

- Gna gna gna, she's exhausted by using her magic on me, she won't try to make your guitar work, it's such a silly thing! It's not a silly thing, dude!

I left Zecora's hut one minute after Humble and Spellbind, and walked in the forest. Why do this guy told me that?! Her friend seemed to have enough magic to power my guitar up, and that ugly piece of wood would have become my own recycled guitar, and that would be cool. Now, I tried to find new weapons, even if they wouldn't be as... effective as the swords Skylar spoke about.

- He will see that I can't use it properly and that this guitar is just ridiculous.

I tried to perform a #B, but the sound was total crap, even if I chorded the guitar the right way. I kicked in a rock with my forehoof, and went to the East, until I reached an old oak tree.

- I totally need a stick...

@@Littlecandylulu903

"Spellbind" Humble said with with as much confidence as he could, "Sure it's good to move out at some point in your life, let you live your own life, and let your parents enjoy a new. But that does not mean that you are burden during the time you are there. I may not know what your parents are like or what they would say now, but I do know this, the best thing that ever happened to them is you. They raised you, they looked out for, they always wanted the best for you. They were happy knowing you were there. You take all that away from them by acting like none of that mattered at all. They are your parents, and you are their daughter. Nothing is more important to them than that. They do not want you out of their lives, cause it's impossible to let you go, no matter where you may go.  If they are happy you're out of their lives, it's because you're continuing your own, then one they're glad to have helped make. They don't, and never will, deserve better than you....but they do, in fact, deserve a better you."

"Though I am glad to see you're willing to let your parents live a new life. That's not something i'd be capable of. In fact I would still be living with my mother and requiring her to look after me as a burden if she was......" Humble fell silent and looked to the side.