Do more bronies watch mlp than little girls?

Nurse

For me personally, its really hard to tell.

In the Internet, Bronys are often criticized for being to loud and obsessing over the show to much. But when you look at these particular Users, that are said to be annoying and over obsessing to much, you might notice that a Majority of Bronies are younger Kids.

Even the young girls, that are the old Fanbase of Mlp, started to call themselves Bronys or Pegasisters.

So..its very hard to tell, because a lot of the original Fanbase is calling themselves Bronys too and thats why a lot of Bronies are actually also Kids.

So...i have no Idea. 

Since pretty much everyone is calling themselves Bronys now, its nearly impossible to find out, if more older people are watching Mlp or more younger people.  :ooh:

So...i have no idea.  :wacko:

When I see little kids online, they are usually boys who pretend to be tough by being jerks (to say nicely.) So they would go out an insult bronies to look tougher. The little kids who watch the show are probably not online trying to pretend they are older, so it's hard to tell. I think bronies watch the show more than little girls, but I think little girls are more common than us. We can watch MLP whenever we want while little girls can't. 

I remember reading a post where a brony asked his little sister if she wanted to watch my little pony and she replied with "No, thats a boy's show." and he added "Gentlemen, we have succeeded." XD

as to the question. I don't think so. Give it a couple of years tho and maybe then. XD

It seems like a lot of the refferences especially in this season seems more for the adult fans. Like the bowling ponies are definitely supposed to be characters from the movie the Big Labowski. Kids wont know that Discord is supposed to be Bob Ross when he was painting a picture of the apple farm or Bill Murry from the movie What About Bob? heck the title of latest discord episode is "What about Discord" i think the writers of the show has made a program that can definitely be enjoyed by both adults and kids. 

I think more kids watch it than adults or teens, however the number of adults and teens that watch my little pony is much greater than that of any other kids show I've ever heard of. At this point the show isn't only for little girls anymore. I work with children a lot(I babysit and help out at daycares) If I asked 10 little girls, and ten teenagers and adults,  I bet 10/10 little girls would "watch it" because it was on, and 1/10 of the adults and teens would actually watch it, and 8/10 would of heard of it.  I talk to the kids about mlp often, because of all the things they watch, at least I know about mlp.

Well, when I was in Year 1 at school (5-6 year olds), even liking fairies was a target for bullying. So I can imagine that for little girls, they feel like they can't watch the show because (mostly boys, no offence bronies) other children might laugh at them for doing so. I know alot of children in Year 1 from my primary school (I still miss my Year 6 class ;_;) watched stuff like Teen Titans Go and Steven Universe, so I feel like society has affected little girls too.  

No. This can be proven very simply.

Hasbro is a toy company. The show is there to sell toys to girls aged 4~7. If bronies were watching the show more than little girls, Hasbro would be making sweeping toy lines for bronies, in addition to or instead of for little girls.

That hasn't happened, so bronies are obviously a minority.

I think more little girls watch the show. However, like a lot of other people have stated in the comments, bronies talk more about the show, they purchase more merch, and they go to cons because a lot of them are young adults. 

Well, I doubt we can get accurate data on the Internet. The herd census is probably the most complete source of data we have on Bronies, but it does not include the target audience, so we cannot make any kind of inference regarding who the bigger audience is from it. I would assume we are still outnumbered by little girls, despite our large presence. I still find it intriguing that this is even a conversation to be had, as the existence of a fandom of this caliber based on a little girl's show, let alone the latest My Little Pony series, still makes me feel like I have fallen down some kind of rabbit hole.

In terms of dedicated fans who own a good amount of merch including the DVDs, comics and novels, and who make a point of watching the latest episode as a weekly ritual, we're probably in the majority. *looks at collection and wonders what happened in the last year and a half* Heh, I'd probably have more merch if more of it looked anything like the characters it is supposed to represent. However, in terms of the entirety of the MLP audience, I doubt there are as many of us as little girls.