1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)
26 minutes ago, bigbertha said:

This is probably the episode I feel the most conflicted on. There's a lot of stuff I really like, but there are so many things that bug me. I can't get over the mane six being shoved into the background. I'm fine with putting a background character in the spotlight, but that doesn't mean the mane six have to be shoved out. They can just play supporting roles. This especially bothers me because the episode is about Cranky and Matilda getting married. Pinkie is the one who reunited them so it feels wrong to leave her out. 

There are some other things I don't like too. I don't like the Doctor. Everything about him is so forced. I don't like Gummy's bit. He's a lot funnier when everything about him is left vague. 

I get why people love this episode, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Sorry everypony but I have to completely agree with this opinion. More than anything on the show, I absolutely hate it when the Mane Six get shoved into the background which is one of the reasons why I hate the Students so much in latter episodes. :dry:  I don’t even mind when the CMC take over because at least they’re fun to be around. :catface: An episode without my favourite six ponies is already a letdown for me. :( 
Again, if you like this episode, that’s absolutely fine. But for me, it’s the only one I’ll ever consider to be overrated.

(And I love Gummy a lot but his bit didn’t make me laugh at all.) 

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

• 6 months later...

Slice of Life is an episode I've had all sorts of feelings about over the years. On my first viewing, I knew nothing about the fan memes and references, so for 22 minutes, I was thinking "What the fuck is going on?" As I kind of dipped my feet more into the fandom, I understood this episode a bit more and while I like it and think it's a fun episode, I don't really enjoy it as much as most people. There's some weird stuff about it that bugs me, which I can't really explain. Like I said, it's fun to watch because of how crazy it is, but I can't really give it more than that.

• 5 months later...

This is my favorite episode of all time. Any time someone asks for a request, this is the episode I give. It's so hilarious, and also features some of the very coolest characters.

• 1 month later...

I appreciate this episode more now than I did years ago. Even if you don't understand every single reference I think it's still a blast you can just sit and not think for a while. So much fun.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had the pleasure to watch this episode last week again. For the third or fourth  time in my life. I still love this one. So many wonderful things hidden in this episode.

Background character and their story and relationships, a good portion of Derpy, self awareness of the show like Sweetie Belle's "Maybe it's just a friendship problem, and it'll all be cleared up in half an hour or so.", a reappearing of side charachters like Steven, so many memes (jumping the shark), a good portion of Derpy, a thinking Gummy and of cours the legendary hidden photo of the creators. Also did I mention that Derpy appears in this episode :derp:

It is not my fav episode of FiM but really a strong one and I love it :>

• 4 months later...

I love the silliness of this episode and the multiple plots going on!

It's a loose episode not meant to be taken too seriously, though a good reminder that it's an active world beyond the main cast's adventures.

Derps committing child labor though is something else :sealed:

• 5 months later...

Really special episode to me and I wish we had more like these in the show. It is a fun ride and the way the plot is done is just 10/10. I just only wish that Vinyl had speaking lines, but seeing Vinyl and Octavia together is just amazing. Lyra and Bon Bon go so well together! Derpy and Doctor Whooves are just adorable! Really this is a special one that cannot be understated.