Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Superheroes RP

Skullbuster

@@Jellal Fernandes

"You're a fast one."

Arthur had reacted and counterattacked quickly, slashing towards the demon with great agility. To Arthur's imminent disappointment though, Abaddon was still quick to react, causing both of the slashes from Excalibur to miss as he sidestepped and leaped behind the knight to put distance between them.

"Unfortunately for you, that won't be enough."

While he spoke, Arthur swapped to yet another different sword. When he did, Abaddon saw how the knight's energy signature fluctuated and changed in feeling. Looks like the swords were empowering him after all, or at least augmenting any abilities he might have already had.

Your name, the swords and armor you wield, perhaps you do resemble that fabled king spoken of in legends. However...

"You're obviously nothing like the real King Arthur. I doubt he would pull any of the bullshit you're doing. You killed three law enforcement officers for no reason!"

Abaddon bared his fangs to "smile", preparing for another attack.

"You're even less of a man than the idiot who screwed Guenevere."

@@Jellal Fernandes,@@Kreinbahthur,

The sniper team arrived at the vantage point and began setting up the anti material rifle, the darkness masked their presence, they began to assemble the anti material rifle, they were quite a distance away from the fight, the rifle had a powerful night vision scope to cope with the dark night 

@@Kreinbahthur, @@Skullbuster

The man fell to his knees, grabbing the left and right sides of his head and shaking it violently. The same visions appeared, but more vividly. He then regained his composure and pointed Durendal towards the sky "Let this city see a storm more violent than any it has ever seen before," he said as the night grew even darker with the presence of dark storm clouds "And let its citizens know why I did it," he finished, glaring at Abaddon. Hail the size of softballs started raining down, and a heavy fog started to fall upon the scene. He then pointed the sword at his opponent, and a lightning strike hit him. He then lunged forward, sword still pointed at his opponent and attempted to stab straight through him, moving much faster than before.

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

@@Skullbuster,

"10 years? I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. Do you see them like I do? Sometimes I wish I never had this power. I don't even remember when I first started seeing them. Maybe they started gradually coming into my life. When I was a little girl I used to swing on this old tire out in the backyard on this swing set. That's where I met this boy and at first I thought he was a boy in the neighborhood but when I came back into the house daddy looked at me and said 'oh its so cute you have an imaginary friend' I guess that's when I started noticing that some of them always seemed to have something wrong with them." 

@@Jellal Fernandes

A long tongue came forth from Abaddon's teeth to taste the air from the developing downpour. Nothing hazardous in the winds. Good. He remembered a time when his old foe, Ammit, had stirred up a heavy storm through the chaotic power of Set. His storm was nothing like Arthur's, as it brought forth a toxic torrent and hateful lightning that made many consider themselves to be lucky if they saw it strike the same place only twice.

"Ooooh, scary!" Abaddon mocked as the winds began to pick up. "You do realize a pathetic storm like this will be quelled in no time by the storm metas, right? Try talking big if you're channeling the power of forgotten gods."

He probably shouldn't have gotten too cocky by talking, because Arthur had been given enough time to charge lightning through his sword and strike Abaddon with it. He hissed and clutched his chest in pain as it sizzled from the electricity. Arthur began charging towards the demon, and he likely would have made his mark again had Abaddon not morphed his body into a shadowy, amorphous form to slither under between his legs. Tendrils wrapped tightly around the knight's legs as this happened, forcibly pulling them backwards to cause him to fall flat on his face, and HARD due to the high speed he had been charging at. The surprise of the sudden change of movement and force from the ground collision would likely be enough to stun Arthur momentarily, giving Abaddon enough time to attack. On top of this, Arthur would likely lose his grip on the sword he was carrying.

"Asshole," the demon growled as he reformed into his more solid form. Tendrils lashed forth from his body, wrapping around the dazed knight to pick him up and forcefully slam him back into the ground headfirs before tossing him away in a different direction.

"You know, it amuses us that you name yourself after a noble king, yet everything you've done is worthy of execution. You endanger an entire city just to get back at one guy? Ha! Pathetic."

----------

Hateful eyes watched with glee from the Duat as Abaddon and Arthur fought. Ammit had been attracted by the developing storm, and was quite pleased to find his old enemy fighting at the scene. How fun would it be to strike him while he was busy with this delusional fool? Very, but no, even he knew that while Abaddon was focused on something else, he would still be able to perceive an attack on his (or their, if he included that Drevenon entity) being before it happened. Cunning, even the dreaded Apophis had admired this ability.

For now he would wait, but perhaps he would emerge from the darkness of this netherworld sooner than he wanted to. His ancient gods screamed at him to attack, and even he had been enraged to hear Abaddon call them "forgotten".

Edited by Kreinbahthur

@@Jellal Fernandes,@@Kreinbahthur,

The sniper team took the shot and fired, the high velocity anti material bullet flew through the air and struck King Arthur, the power of the bulled managed to dent his armor and knock him off his feet and fall to the ground, once the shot was confirmed the team reloaded the rifle

@,

"I must admit, you are more sensitive to spirits than I am, only if energy his high can i physically see spirits, but I can feel them, I can also see into peoples minds, I lean towards more physic than medium. growing up with such a gift was odd, imagine being in an elementary school, and all through out middle and high school, and knowing all your class mates most inner thoughts"  

@@Skullbuster,

Lilith was glad she didn't have such an ability as that. To be able to know what everyone thought of her, how horrifying that would be to know things like the boy you had a crush on didn't like you, or learning the terrible secrets of others that they keep from each other. "That must have been very difficult for you. Can you understand what I'm thinking right now?...wait I'm sorry that was a little pushy." Lilith looked down to the ground and shuffled her feet.  

Draco watched as the two went at it. He sighed as he dodged to the side as a stray lighting bolt nearly struck him. "Aw crap," Draco muttered to himself with a sigh. He walked towards the two slowly. It was amusing at first but now it was getting dangerous. Dangerous for the people. "ENOUGH!" Draco yelled out as he looked at the two. "I wonder how many lives your going to take just to satisfy this little pissing contest?" Draco asked as he walked forward towards the two. "Tch and you call yourselves 'heroes' " Draco said with abit of a mocking tone. He heard the gunshot. Anti Material Rifle if he had to guess. "That would bring anyone down," Draco muttered.

@Kreinbahthur, @Jellal Fernandes

Edited by dragon4111

@@FractalMoon

"This looks nice and all, but I should probably get going and track down that supe. I will start with her apartment then move on from there. If you have any other news, you can keep me posted." Shade stepped back and looked for the exit. He looked around the room and got confused. "Where was the exit again? This place isn't exactly guest friendly..."

@@dragon4111@@Kreinbahthur@@Skullbuster,

"You know nothing of King Arthur... You've heard the children's tales... Something that makes them feel safe at night, a lie to save them from the cold, harsh truth of reality... I envision a world of peace, and it's monsters like you that stand in my way..." King Arthur said.

He was knocked down by Abaddon's attack, and he lost his grip on his sword as it slid away. The storm stopped. The bullet did manage to dent his armor, but it wasn't going to stop him. He proceeded to stand up and he seemed really pissed. He then moved towards Abaddon, even faster than before and grabbed his skull, squeezing as hard as he could, hoping to crush it, completely disregarding what he viewed to be a normal human, focusing only on his opponent.

Paging @Derplight Sperkle,

Silver nods, "Take the ladder up and exit the closet, the door is on the opposite side of the warehouse. I got a fix on her location about a minute ago, I'll send it to your phone and join up with you once I finish up setting up my gear. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a plan before I finish..." She goes back to tinkering, then picks up a device she stashed away years ago, "This is going to be fun... I wonder what it'll turn out like..."

@

A hand had been extended to her, though the words were muffled to her ears except "food". A water bottle was also proffered, but since her hands were shaking she cranked the top off with her teeth, sniffing it suspiciously before taking a large sip and swallowing gratefully. Almost instantly she felt even a mite better, but that didn't help now that she was fully aware of the thing in front of her.

All the same, before she could even really react to it, there was some kind of an explosion or something similar, and the demon took off. Eunae, for a moment, was tempted to give chase, but she still felt too close for comfort to whatever this darkness was, even as it fled. There had to be something else.

The brushing of something cool against her face made her flinch slightly, but after a moment, the glow actually served to calm her, and she did exactly what he had said a few moments before and took a few deep breaths. Okay. So she was alive, and there was a lot of light in whatever this apartment was, and the thing had gone for now. She could at least rest easy for a few moments - though if they were in cahoots with it, she had to be prepared to run.

So she took the other extended hand and stood up, though her height wasn't impressive, then leaned against a wall to support herself once she had let go, eying them with a certain mixture of relief and wariness.

"Food?" she asked, almost childlike, and a tight nod followed. "If...that's okay?"

@@Jellal Fernandes,

"Yeah, peace," Abaddon spat. "I can argue for and instill peace through my own twisted and bloody ways, because at least I don't recklessly endanger others because of pride. You're just one sad and shitty cosplayer who's let a bit too much power get to his head. You're a peasant."

Arthur had then charged at Abaddon with a unanticipated speed, faster than before. The knight began to squeeze his head with superhuman strength that would have been enough to crush the skull of any ordinary human. Abaddon endured however, laughing at the perfect opportunity his opponent had given him for attack. Arthur would find himself grasping at nothing but shadow and slime as Abaddon morphed his body once again. Instead of dropping to the ground though, the amorphous mass slithered and spread over his arm towards the rest of his body. Dozens of tendrils began to restrain and constrict his limbs with enough pressure to make Arthur feel it through his armor. Metal crushing skin, muscle, and bone must have not felt pretty, but Abaddon did not stop there. His focus was the neck; he would strangle and crush the ignoble Arthur.

Peasant, Drevenon hissed, Such a fitting term for one who is about to be killed like a mere rat of the field.

"And for the record, I'm more than just a monster."

----------

Now was the time to show himself. Ammit would not allow Abaddon to kill the false king. During Arthur's time in The Murk, he had been observed by the Egyptian priest and his servants, and it had not taken long for him to conclude that Arthur would make an excellent "ally" for the things he had planned. He would promise Arthur the peace he intended to bring, but first he needed to free him from the demon.

Tainted waters seemed to spring from nowhere in front of the struggling Arthur as Ammit emerged from the Duat.

"It seems to me that you require help, kingly one."

Ammit clanged the ground with his staff, causing a powerful burst of fire to leap up from underground and surround the struggling king. The armor should keep him from being terribly hurt, but it wouldn't be the same for Abaddon. The searing heat would hurt him greatly, or rather, it would have had he not immediately slithered away. Still, the radius of the burst flame was wide, and it managed to get some of him. Ammit smirked as Abaddon assumed his solid form, hissing and growling in pain.

"Welcome back, demon. I see you've wasted no time in hunting the virtuous here on Earth again."

"Hisss, so you've also come back after all. I wouldn't try to accuse me of 'hunting the virtuous'-"

Ammit quickly cut Abaddon off.

"Don't waste my time with your vile words, demon. This royal one here already stated he wanted to bring peace to this world, yet you still attempted to kill him. I would not allow that to happen of course."

Ammit smiled arrogantly. He forgot how fun this could be, twisting words to turn others against his hated adversary.

Edited by Kreinbahthur

Draco sighed slightly as he looked at Ammit. "Another player on the board?" Draco asked as he sat onto a car's hood."I don't know about that sir," Draco stated as he chuckled to himself. "It seems as though he is the one trying to protect the innocent from the ravings of a mad king who's own bride opened her legs for another," Draco stated with a chuckle from beneath his mask. He heard a scream of fright coming from a woman across the way. "Can we go somewhere else?"

@Kreinbahthur, @Jellal Fernandes,

Edited by dragon4111

@@Jellal Fernandes,@@dragon4111, @@Kreinbahthur,

The sniper team fired again another shot hit King Arthur, another dent and he was again knocked down

@,

Jane chuckled "oh no, your fine, actually, ive trained my self over the years, i can only see into the minds of those i chose, its very distracting when youre aware of every ones thoughts at once, so if i want to see into some ones mind I focus on them, other wise I focus on the thoughts of the wild life around me, which is pretty silent.  Interestingly enough though, I can see spirit guides, even though im not that powerful of a medium, most of my power is on the psychic side"

@@Skullbuster,

Lilith looked back up and Jane and smiled. She didn't want to outright say it but she felt connected to Jane at that moment. Like they were sisters in a world where other people did not understand them and only they could understand each other. Lilith simply smiled back at Jane shyly. "So what do you know about this meta that I'll be working with? It sounds like your not a big fan of them. Should I be worried?

@@Jellal Fernandes, @@dragon4111

Ammit sneered at the voice of a human he did not even care enough to acknowledge in the first place. No matter, he would deal with this problem swiftly. He pointed his staff at Draco and spoke an Egyptian word of power. A sphere of yellow energy shot forth, collding with Draco and the car to send them blasting yards away from where they were.

"Vermin, I have seen his dealings in this city. He is nothing but a petty thief."

---------

Abaddon chuckled. Wasn't that the guy who Sasha was kicking the shit out of earlier? Oh well, that was of no importance. Now he had two threats to deal with, one more powerful than Arthur even imagined. It was curious that Ammit hadn't already summoned a massive serpent to swallow the knight whole... he was up to something. He needed to attack fast, but he couldn't do so blindly. Ammit was almost just as agile and cunning as he was...

---------

The Egyptian mage knew where the snipers were situated, having learned their location while watching the fight between his enemy and Arthur. He pointed his staff at Arthur, creating a temporary barrier around him that would block the eventual second shot. Sure enough, the snipers fired, but this time they would be surprised to see Arthur untouched. Ammit smiled, almost kindly.

"Arthur is it? I am Ammit," he said as he took a bow. "I wish to aid you in your quest for peace, for my goals are the same. We must leave this place though, the demon will not let us discuss these vital issues quietly."

@@FractalMoon

"Oh right, that would have been my fourth guess. Alrighty, I will be off." Shade waved at Silver as he climbed the ladder back to where they went in. He went outside and got into their stolen vehicle from earlier. Shade pulled out his phone and looked at the PDF again. "So now put that address in the GPS and.." Shade got directions up and running. He put the vehicle in gear and started on his way to the target.

@@Kreinbahthur, @@Skullbuster, @@dragon4111,  

"I will speak to you when we rid ourselves of this demon," King Arthur said, running to pick up his fallen sword, swapping to Clarent after seeing the demon's aversion to fire. He was slightly slower after he retrieved his sword, but still extremely fast, slashing his opponent across the back with his fiery blade while he was distracted.

@@Capricorn

*King helped Eunae to a seat at the table that separated the kitchen from the living room.*

"Ill get something made up for you, you look like you should probably have something with a bit more nutritional value than some cold pizza."

*King opened the fridge and looked around for some things. He took a few things out and then closed the fridge and took a loaf of bread out of a drawer. He then put together a veggie sandwich and handed the plate the sandwich was on to Eunae. He then sat down across from her and gave her some time to eat.*

Draco skidded afew yards away. "That definitly hurt," Draco said slightly as he spat up blood onto the ground. "Okay damage assement is in order," Draco muttered to himself. "Let's see afew broken ribs. internal bleeding," Draco listed off as he ran back to the spot quickly. "Yep the universe loves to pit me against Over powered opponants don't they," Draco groaned out as his wounds healed albeit slowly. "Hmm he used magic?" Draco asked as he ran back to the three. Draco pulled out a flashbang grenade and pulled the pin. And it flashed infront of the Egyptian mage.

@Kreinbahthur , @Jellal Fernandes,

Edited by dragon4111

Paging @Derplight Sperkle,

Sara continues to tinker and alter the design of her gear, then smiles to herself as she finally gets the weapon working properly, "Alright... This should work fine... Let's hope that it doesn't explode, melt, or destabilize the space around it when it's first fired..." She dials Shade's number as she exits the quantum pocket and moves toward another car, once again just using her nanties as a key to start it and driving off, "I'm en-route with your new toy. Can you meet me a block away on the roof?"

@

To say that Eunae demolished the food would be the most polite term, sadly. It had been long since she had last had anything "proper" to eat, and she did not know when her next chance to do the same would be, either. All the same, she practically ignored the person sitting across from her save for the muffled "thank you" she had given him as she picked it up with lightning speed. For such a small person, Eunae certainly had an appetite.O

Once she had finished it, though, she realised that her manners had all but disappeared. The blush crept from the back of her neck over her ears and face, and she stood suddenly, taking some of the light from the room to supplement her so she would be able to stand. Her head was clearing, and the blood was gone as though it had never been there, so she was not sure of internal bleeding. However, as she grew more comfortable in the light, the memory of the terror faded and faded.

"Thank you!" she said quickly, again, but this time she accentuated her gratefulness with a deep bow, bending at the waist with the eagerness of someone about to dive into the water. Amazingly she managed to keep her balance - even Eunae was not sure how - and then she remained standing awkwardly, still flushing at her own rudeness.

"That other...man that was just here?" She phrased it as a question, hoping he understood her meaning. Was he with them? Was he against them? Did they know what he was, exactly? She would assume so, but then - why would someone like that be here, where she somehow felt safe? The other woman crossed her mind too, and Eunae failed to stifle a gasp. Even worse than being rude, she had deserted her. How selfish and unfair, after she had been given this address.

"Mr. King, what happened to that other woman? Did the other guy...do something to her?" She felt a sinking pit in her stomach, and edged towards the door, just in case...

@@Jellal Fernandes, @@dragon4111

Ammit smirked as Arthur resumed his battle with Abaddon. He'd allow the knight to attack aimlessly for now, but soon he would urge him to retreat. As much as he hated admitting it, Abaddon was no ordinary enemy one could just go in and fight without preparation. Hell, even with solid preparation, he was still a difficult one to face. He was under the impression that Arthur thought the demon to be fighting to his fullest, but truth was, Abaddon hadn't even started to let loose. If he did (and this would be likely to happen if the knight angered him more), Arthur would quickly realize he was in way over his head.

The Egyptian mage saw something in the corner of his eye. He turned his attention away from the battle and towards... the same person he had blasted away earlier before. Oh, so this pathetic being was a metahuman.Oh well. As Draco pulled out the flash bang, Ammit struck Draco on the side of the face with his staff, then proceeded to strike him with its base right in the groin, HARD, before blasting him away again.

"Hm?"

The flash bang was lying on the ground before him.

"Oh for the love of-"

It went off, surrounding the area in a flash of light the temporarily blinded them all.

----------

As he figured, Abaddon still needed to deal with Arthur and his arrogance. Now the knight had switched over to a blazing sword, something he did not want to have to deal with for an extended period of time. While he could still struggle through wounds inflicted by fire based things, it still hurt like a bitch, and eventually it would start to take its toll on him faster than other attacks would. For now, he would play it safe, and dodge the enraged Arthur's attack with ease before counterattacking strongly.

Things had dragged on for a bit, and Ammit still had neglected involving himself in the fight. Smart, looks like the ass had finally learned his lesson from all those times before. Abaddon was just about ready to attack the mage when he saw the flash bang on the ground. Instinctively, he jumped back and covered his eyes as the thing exploded sparing himself from its effects. Looks like Ammit was unaware of this before it detonated, so he was temporarily stunned. He dashed towards him, grasping him by the neck.

----------

"Don't believe it will be so easy," Ammit mocked before uttering some more undecipherable words. Tainted water enveloped him and Arthur, transporting them through the Duat into a faraway location where they could talk. This place was relatively close to The Murk, a place both should be comfortable with.

"If you wish to stay around long enough to see our goals of peace become reality, I suggest you begin following my lead," he told Arthur.

-----------

"Dammit!" Abaddon seethed in rage as the waters receded from his foes disappearance. This was not good, who knows where that bastard ran off to now? Hm... most likely the Murk. He should hunt him down, but that would be dangerous. Just like Ammit considered Abaddon a worthy opponent, the reverse was the same. He couldn't rush into battle with Ammit, that would make things more difficult than they needed to be. For now, he needed to return to the apartment and relay the news to King.

@@Kreinbahthur,

Arthur saw a small canister rolling along the ground before he suddenly only saw white, and there was a ringing in his ears. "Gah! What kind of sorcery is this?"

"Thank you for your aid, you remind me of an old friend. You've heard of the great wizard Merlin, no? We got into our fair share of trouble, we did. Thank you, that bastard wasn't taking much damage, but I couldn't just stop fighting, no one would follow a man who just gave up in the face of danger. Oh well, it's not like the beast could've actually hurt me," Arthur said to the man. "Shall we head to my keep? There's some beautiful wenches, great wine, and my most loyal followers, including my most trusted advisers."