Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Akemi Homura

Before I began watching I had a ton of emotional problems. I felt suicidal all the time and was constantly depressing myself over the smallest things. To try to fix this I began thinking I was better than everyone else, but didn't really realize it was just making me more unhappy and was pushing away any potential friends

This show's really good at making you forget your problems and enjoy life :D All the love and friendship is so refreshing and warm and the community is just awesome!

Edited by slickster083

Before I started watching MLP I was pretty much the same except I was much less content with my life. You could almost say I had "the grass is always greener syndrome". I'm not sure how but MLP changed that for the most part.

As for what I thought about the show. Well I was pretty neutral, then I found out my friends were fans and I started to become more interested. After a while I decided that if so many people my age liked the show then there had to be something good about it. So I gave it a shot and I liked it.

I'm pretty much the same guy I was before I started watching MLP FIM. It hasn't changed me all that much or how I live, but it has let me meet a lot of great people and learn about new things.

Its been an experience worth having, would do it again 100/10.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we're all happy talking about ponies and how they've changed or bettered your life in some way or another, but I have yet to hear the story of a brony before he or she found the show, or what they went through in the first stages of... um, lets call it the second birth.

My story isn't all rosy, I was cold hearted, bitter poisoned by, well what society has turned into. Sad, lonely and depressed, maybe I'm over doing it... but I'm not, friends, sure I had and have friends but we were or at least I was very distant out of reach, I was unable to fit in. Family life, sad to say it was the same -it still is but I'm fixing it- all run by computers you see, even now I can't help thinking about the device I am using to tell you this, but this world is run by machines.

The first time I saw the show... the color's filled my dull grey life, bringing heat, strengthening my hopes and painting my dreams. To me it wasn't just a show, it felt real, it is real. I'd spend my nights thinking, placing myself in their world, joining them in their adventures and I'd spend my days zoned in, fixed on how the life I live felt so surreal and fake, no one knew the life I lived, among them I sit and talk to my true friends. Am I crazy, no, I just found sanctuary.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really changed, I don't watch Family Guy anymore because MLP showed me how stupid it is the only thing, I still listen to 80s music and I still have the same personality

Good this is what I'm looking for. All I ask for my friends, is you're stories before you had even heard of the show, so that you can look back on that and reflect.

I swear to you I had never watched television before I came across this show. It was years before since I watched TV, and I saw a big advertisement for the show near my house... For some reason it got my attention, perhaps it was the art style that was used to advertise haha but then that's when I got into it, one of the best things to hit entertainment if you ask me

I think the show has definitely changed my outlook on life in some ways, especially with my opinions on the difference (and the arbitrary lines) between masculinity and femininity. I never really thought much of it before I watched MLP, but now I realize how silly it really is. Girls can play Call of Duty, guys can watch MLP, and the only thing that makes it appear wrong is society itself.

However, MLP hasn't really affected anything that I enjoyed doing before I started watching it. I still love many types of video games and genres of music, I still watch other shows like Futurama and whatever happens to be on the Science Channel, and I still like reading the same books I used to read.

In a sentence, I'd say that MLP hasn't drastically changed me, but it's affected me in a wonderful way.

• 3 months later...

If you would have told me about bronies before I watched the MLP I would have responded with "what is wrong with those people. :blink: " Until 01/24/13 I was watching know your meme and I saw Know Your Meme:My little pony (now I knew about MLP in fact one of my friends was a brony) me wanting to watch it to maybe learn a bit clicked it and watched it and than a thought crossed my mind if this has such a large male following for a reason maybe I should investigate so I watched the first episode than watched to season 1 ep 5 that night. later in the week I continued watching it and now I'm on around season 2 ep 5 and most of my friends know and well I'm good at picking friends apparently because they stuck by me. my friends won't watch it though but its ok as long as they're by my side.

So brony on my friends!

• Brohoof 7

Really glad you like the show. I think most of us thought the show would be bad, and were blown away by it when we first was it. Have fun watching the rest of season 2, and season 3.

Glad to hear that you are proud/enjoy being a brony! I agree, the show is amazing, and it helps me with friends, and life in general. The show can be pretty inspirational, and is so great in it's own way! I was skeptical at first too, and sometimes I even made fun of the show. But once I actually watched it...I knew that I was a brony. :P 

So, Brony on too, my friend! Wish more people would give the s show a chance! It's always good to see new bronies join the herd! :D

When I first  heard about bronies, I knew there was a reason that the show was popular, but being that "uber cod kid" which I hate (and hate myself for) I decided "know what, I probably wouldn't like it that much" and of course several months after (sometime in early November) I decided I'd watch on my ipod at night when I'm in bed not wanting to sleep, and BOOM it hit me, show's great. Spent the next week and a half happy as all bucking hay that I'm watching the show, then when I reached the S2 finale, and had to wait for S3, I started watching YT vids of ponies (ytp, fan songs) and around the time Sleepless in Pony ville came out, I got all like I WANNA TALK TO BRONIES Y ME SO LONELY and joined the forums. And that's how the loving and tolerating me was born.

• Brohoof 1

So before I knew about bronies there were a bunch of people with pony pictures as avatars, I really just thought it was a joke or something. Then I heard the word "brony" and I googled it and apparently they actually watched and liked the show, I just ignored them, thought they were weirdos, annnd yeah... now here I am waiting for Season 4 :blink:

I'm really glad to see that some of your friends decided to stand by you after becoming a brony. Unfortunately for myself I lost a few friends after becoming a full-fledged brony/pegasister recently. But it doesn't matter to me now, because I met loads of people that love ponies as much as I do. Have fun watching the episodes, which I know you're on the fast track!

(\

Funny thing about how I learned about this show and fandom.

I learned about the show after watching a video called Death Battle that had Rainbow Dash in it.

Anyways after I wanted to learn more about the character to see why they would put her in this scenario of a show.

Anyway I learned about bronies an the show itself.

My first Reaction was

Huh?

But I never thought it was bad. I have seen many types of fandoms and felt that this was just another one.

To be honest I didn't think this was going to be a big thing.

Boy was I wrong.

Everywhere on the Internet I saw ponies.

I never got annoyed actually. In all honesty it facinated me and sparked my curiosity.

But I was for some reason solid that I would not be a brony sometime even after watching it.

Don't know why.

Anyways I watched the show expecting to be okay with it, but not being part of the fandom.

And now here I am waiting for season 4

Isn't life so ironic :)

My first reaction to hearing the term "Brony" was "WTSF is a Brony?". To which, an online mate of mine explained to me that a certain animated series reboot supposedly intended to market toys to little girls had gathered a large following of older male fans well out of the target demographic for the show.

And, my response to that was "That is pretty strange." However, I didn't judge since I normally try not to be overly judgmental, and since this particular online friend as well as a bunch of other ones seemed fairly serious about it and from what they told me about the number of people who shared their same outlook, I assumed there was a reason for it.

I didn't feel like giving the show a shot for a little bit of a while for pretty much nothing other than sheer laziness and not having particularly cared about the issue. Although, early one night, I was somewhat tired and bored, so, I hopped into bed, grabbed my phone, and looked up the first episode. I ended up pulling an all-nighter to watch almost all of season 1, and finished it later that day.

Now, I am a full-fledged Brony who wears pony merchandise in public, associates with other Bronies on forums and in real life, and my phone's music library is about 80% pony related.

• 1 month later...

I was, umm, awesome, but now I'm, uh... Still awesome! I haven't really changed much. I guess I'm a bit more motivated to make music and I've been getting in to animation.

• Brohoof 1

I was someone that never would have though of even coming close to liking something like ponies, and yet, here I am....talking about ponies as if it was a daily thing in my life.

Im sure many of us would like to forget what we were before we became Bronies.

• Brohoof 1