gaming Was this the best E3 in years( I mean 5 years)?

TheMarkz0ne

I am not repeating a thread. Was this objectively the best E3 we have had in years? I must say that the 8th gen is in full swing and that we all have tons of games to look forward too. I really wish E3 was open to the public... Because this was an event I would never have forgotten if I actually went. 

It's like developers actually are making GAMES now. I can actually look past DLC and just be in awe for how much we are getting and 2015 is not even over. Personally I still need to play Arkham Knight, Just Cause 3 and Fallout 4 before 2016 hits.

Sony, Bethesda and Microsoft actually had some firey competition. Though I personally  think Sony won E3. Bethesda came close but they only had 3 major games to show off that everyone wants. I will not mention Nintendo's pitiful showing... I have been waiting for Star Fox......and met disappointment.

I just think this year was all about games. E3 hasn't seen good days since 2009-2010. Even back further I think E3 from 2006 was one of the best, especially for Nintendo. 

• Brohoof 2

The only thing that really excited me was the Kingdom Hearts III trailer.. But even still, it's a game we already knew about and is still way off in the distance.

So this E3 was pretty mediocre in my eyes. I was hoping that Nintendo would show something interesting, but instead they showed a bunch of boring spin-offs. I would be happy if I were into Star Fox, but I'm really not... The only game of real interest was the Mario and Luigi/Paper Mario game.

Personly I only saw one game I liked and it was for the Vita a system I don't own. So personly this was the most disappointing E3 yet for me. Normally there are at least three games I'm excited for.  

I've been waiting for Fallout 4 for so long, after that announcement, the rest of E3 could have been the devs playing angry birds on their phones and I would still have called it a success (I might be slightly hyped about the new Fallout) XD

But, since my 360 RROD'd, the backwards compatibility was a nice surprise and I think that both Microsoft and Sony's conferences were pretty good (The Last Guardian makes me tempted to get a PS4), and Battlefront looked pretty sweet too (although heavily scripted). 

To cut a long story short, I'm looking forward to the next year of gaming a lot more than I was before E3  B)

• Brohoof 1

For me, it was. Microsoft's conference surprised me multiple times and I ended up actually being excited for numerous things which doesn't always happen for me after E3. Their conference alone made this E3 better than the past few years for me primarily because I mostly game on Xbox now. Then there was the Bethesda Show and the FF7 Remake, there were many pleasant surprises for me. Which I was actually worried that the whole show would have been terrible for every company. :P

(edited)

I thought it was pretty underwhelming, overall.

I didn't catch all of it, but the conferences I did watch (EA, Bethesda, Nintendo, Ubisoft) most of them didn't really do much for me.

Fallout 4 was great, Kingdom Hearts III was great, and a new Fire Emblem was also awesome, but there was nothing else I was particularly interested in.

The new Metroid spin-off looked... Terrible. Even for the 3DS. I'm not a particularly big fan but I'm with the fan's side on this one. The whole Nintendo conference was pretty mediocre, really. 

EA bored me with endless sports games and Ubisoft made me cringe even more than usual. Overall, just... Eh.

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane