Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPF MMO Guild: Voting for Games

Banul

12 users have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a MLPF guild?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (specify)
  2. 2. If yes, what payment model would you prefer?

• Free to Play
    • Buy to Play
  3. 3. If Free to Play

• SW:TOR
    • LOTR:O
    • Terra
    • Rift
    • DC:UO
  4. 4. If Buy to Play

• Guild Wars 2
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • World of Warcraft (also requires a subscription)

(edited)

So I know that we have gaming events on Steam and the like, but I've never been much interested in those games. The thought occurred to me that it might be neat to have something similar, but on an MMO. Some of the best times I've had in gaming have been in guilds of like minded individuals doing raids or goofing off in pvp. So, I wanted to see if anyone else here was interested in finding a game that we all agree on and creating Poniverse guild there.

I've thrown up a poll. Obviously seeing if anyone is interested is first and foremost, as otherwise there's no point. If we get enough people, I'll make more polls for the games, server types, ect. 

I've added the games to the poll. Nobody seems interested in subscription, so I've removed them.

I'm going to list some potential games to get the ball rolling. Feel free to add suggestions:

Free to Play

Free to Play games are going to be the most accessible to everyone, since nobody needs to pay for anything.

-Star Wars: The Old Republic

-I've played it a decent amount, though not at end game

-Decent player base

-Stuff to do at endgame

-Star Wars

-Cash shop is pretty bad

-Lord of the Rings Online

-I've actually never played this one

-Been around for a long time

-Tera

-Haven't played this either

-Action oriented combat

-Rift

-I've only played a bit of this, standard MMO fare

-DC Universe Online

-Action oriented combat

-Unique in that it's a super hero MMO

-Cash shop doesn't seem too oppressive

-Can realize your fantasy of being the Mysterious Mare Do Well

-Maplestory

-Pirate101

Buy to Play (No Subscription)

You still need to buy the game, but you don't pay monthly. 

-Guild Wars 2

-Played it a little, pretty good

-Action oriented combat

-Has a cash shop, but only for cosmetics

-Elder Scrolls Online

-Somewhat nonstandard MMO combat

-Cosmetic cash shop

Again, feel free to suggest other games. I'll add them to the list. 

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 4

I might be interested in joining. I wouldn't recommend maple story for some reason(s). The cons I've seen so far are

the aspect of the game is pay 2 win

too much greedy people

too boring

it's all about grinding

too many hackers and botters

Friends have been charging boss runs for greedy reasons so as my friend said real friends don't charge for boss runs.

hard boss runs are too difficult to kill

GMs in the game care more about fun, games & events more than security, and safety of this game, and catching hackers & botters,

no endgame contents.

Materials are hard to get due to new evo world system.

Equipment & Gear are too expensive

and Too many NX Sellers which are the people who sell NX for mesos which isn't suppose to be allowed.

the game gave us a struggle to complete some quests where there are botters and hackers going around.

Another Subscription Game is Final Fantasy XI which I play the most. The pros of the game is that the community is great, a lot of nice people, has endgame contents via sky, sea, dynamis, limbus, HNMs, assaults, einherjar, voidwatch, salvage, and abyssea, and the job system is great although you can play as any job just as long as you have the gear for them and it may vary depending on what fighting style and job you like best.

• Brohoof 2

I'd definitely be interested, so long as the game is fun.

Played enough free to plays, but they usually end up as pay to plays. No harm trying one if we decide on it though.

Elder Scrolls Online has the most appeal right now, so that's why buy to play gets my vote.

I'd definitely be interested, so long as the game is fun.

Played enough free to plays, but they usually end up as pay to plays. No harm trying one if we decide on it though.

Elder Scrolls Online has the most appeal right now, so that's why buy to play gets my vote.

Elder Scrolls would be my choice too if we do buy to play. Mostly because I've already bought it ><

• Brohoof 1

Elder Scrolls would be my choice too if we do buy to play. Mostly because I've already bought it ><

Lol. Nice x3

My only concern is playing it on the PC, since I usually use my gamepad (which may not be compatible). I've played enough games online though, so I'll adapt back to the original way if needed.

Right, I've put the list of games on the poll. Those interested can vote for what they want to play.

I put Buy to Play and Free to Play up there, because they're about equal in interest. 

Lol. Nice x3

My only concern is playing it on the PC, since I usually use my gamepad (which may not be compatible). I've played enough games online though, so I'll adapt back to the original way if needed.

ESO should have controller support, especially now that they ported the game to consoles. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd be interested but I only play WoW and I'm assuming it'll be on American server! Lol

It'l be on an American server, mostly likely. 

You're not interested in anything else? Most MMO's are pretty similar to it. It's unlikely that we'll end up playing wow. It has the most barriers to entry.

• Brohoof 1

Like I said I'm not recommending maple story to you guys for those cons that I mentioned. We can play various MMORPGs if you guys want to.

If you guys are looking for me in Maple Story, I'm in broa world with some friends and my main is the evan. For final Fantasy XI, i'm in asura server, but i'm not playing the game till I get a job so I might know a few friends who can help and guide you guys through the game.

These kinds of suggestions are the kinds of things we want to hear. If you don't like something or want a new game/guild give us a shout, we don't bite :P

PoniArcade looked at MapleStory - our main issue is region-locking which is why we don't run a guild there.

These kinds of suggestions are the kinds of things we want to hear. If you don't like something or want a new game/guild give us a shout, we don't bite :P

PoniArcade looked at MapleStory - our main issue is region-locking which is why we don't run a guild there.

Oh yeah. I Did hear number of complaints about the region lock. Back in beta (on pre-BB), there was only 2 regions which was global and singapore regions If i recalled correctly. There are maple story regions that I know which are global (GMS), japan (jMS), europe (eMS), korean (kMS), and southeast asia (SEA). If you guys ask me what maple story region I play, it's Global Maple Story.

I'd only be interested in this if it were WoW. No other MMOs can hold my attention.

Ideally I'd love a MLPF WoW guild. However, in the interest in getting as many people to play as possible, a game that you have to buy and pay a monthly fee for is going to be more difficult than a game that's free.

I've added WoW to the poll though, since one other guy said he was interested in it.

I think it would be best if we divide the members in certain games that has different regions like maple story which is global, europe, japan, korean, and Southeast Asia (SEA) due to region lock. For Games that has different servers like final fantasy XI and XIV, well if we're not willing to move to another server for our own reasons in that particular server, you guys may have to come to that server that we're in although there are many nice and great people around in that server, but like i said i'm in asura server in final fantasy XI and I know a couple of friends who can help and guide you guys through the game

Maple story's worlds are in a alliance so if you're playing a character that's part of the world alliance, then you can easily find us. For final Fantasy XI, well some servers have merged into another server.

I can take number of people for Global maple story (GMS) and final fantasy XI since those 2 games are my preferred MMORPGs if that's ok with you guys.

If I may ask, why not we just take some individual people to preferred MMORPGs they want to play in so it's easier for us to play with each other?

I think it would be best if we divide the members in certain games that has different regions like maple story which is global, europe, japan, korean, and Southeast Asia (SEA) due to region lock. For Games that has different servers like final fantasy XI and XIV, well if we're not willing to move to another server for our own reasons in that particular server, you guys may have to come to that server that we're in although there are many nice and great people around in that server, but like i said i'm in asura server in final fantasy XI and I know a couple of friends who can help and guide you guys through the game

Maple story's worlds are in a alliance so if you're playing a character that's part of the world alliance, then you can easily find us. For final Fantasy XI, well some servers have merged into another server.

I can take number of people for Global maple story (GMS) and final fantasy XI since those 2 games are my preferred MMORPGs if that's ok with you guys.

If I may ask, why not we just take some individual people to preferred MMORPGs they want to play in so it's easier for us to play with each other?

Once we decided on a game, I'll put up a poll for choosing what server we play on. (and also what faction, where applicable)

The problem with splitting people into different games is that, separated, they won't have enough people to form a complete guild (or the equivalent for whatever game we pick), especially since I've only got 12 people to vote in the poll. If we create separate groups for each game, we'll end up with a situation in which there are only one or two people playing with each other, as opposed to 8+ playing with each other on one game.

This is less about finding a few people to play with across multiple games, but establishing a larger group of people on one game that we all agree on.

I only play Maple story although my main char is in a guild at broa and i can't leave the current guild in terms of the contribution so if the people here are playing maple story, i can get'em into my guild since i'm the only junior active in the guild with high contribution, but we're looking for actives right now although we prefer english langauge. For Final Fantasy XI, well I'm only in a social linkshell, but I can give you guys one although My Friend runs that linkshell so you guys have to refer (or mention) me as my char's name and tell them and said that I invited you guys.

Global Maple story is region locked so that's why Maple story has different regions as I mentioned although item names will be different, but the gameplay and updates may vary. Another downside part or con about global maple story is that there's too many spanish people so apparently it's hard to work with them in terms of lack of understanding of english.

Final Fantasy XI has multiple languages, but we have a auto-translate function although the game is not region locked. We have japanese players around, but some won't understand english. I know 2 people who speaks both english and japanese, but they understand english and they're friends of mine so the number of players in the game will lower in terms of the time zones so for japanese players, they logout of the game like about around 9-10AM PST. for EU players, they logout about like around 12-1PM PST so they login around at nighttime PST ranging from 9PM-12AM or so.

We have to be careful on which MMORPGs are region locked and which of them are not region locked.