Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cali's burning again.

Mand'alor Dash

Greetings from sunny Cali-fuck-you! If you were ever under the demented impression that God loves you, a few days in this little slice of Hell will scare you straight.

Yup, it wasn't bad enough that we recently redefined the term "dry state." Now, we've got a summer barbecue on our hands to the tune of 3,500 acres of brush that cuts along a major freeway. I live only a short drive away from this fire, and can smell the smoke as I type this. The sickly, grey cloud fills the air above my city.

The people on the highway find themselves trapped with no place to go. Some cars have been swallowed in the inferno, others stand workable, but abandoned as their owners attempt to flee the cloud on foot. The Cajon Pass can get backed up for miles on a good day; it is not uncommon for me to sit on that very freeway for two hours just waiting to get through. When one adds an active danger to the equation, the only consolation is that I have yet seen no reports of fatality.

This is expected to change.

Containment efforts thusfar have been nearly fruitless. The fire is only 5% contained, and is expected to spread even further overnight.

• Brohoof 2

I no longer live in Southern California, but my alma mater is CSUSB, so I used to go through that pass several times a week. I'm really glad I no longer live there, because that fire is knocking on the proverbial door of my old home.

To make matters worse, they could have gotten to the fire sooner if there hadn't been a drone in the way. 

Anyways, @@Mand'alor Dash, I hope you're safe. Fires haven't broken out in Nor Cal yet, but they will, because everything is dryer than crackers here. Here's hoping for that El Nino that's been predicted this winter.

• Brohoof 2

Anyways, @Mand'alor Dash, I hope you're safe.

Thanks.

I think I'm far enough away that I won't be in its path. If that weren't the case... well... I wouldn't have opened this thread with a joke, that much is for sure. :P

And you stay safe too. The sucker's only 5% contained, and the wind's helping it spread. There's no telling where it might go.

• Brohoof 2

63748_526683314145306_371715709983865453

This is insane. Especially for me, since this is my home state. I'm soo glad I live tens of miles away from this shit. I really hope you and others over there will be okay. 

This is ridiculous. How did this fire even start? Why is it so hard to contain?

• Brohoof 1

Woah, this is insane. How am I just hearing about this?? 
Hope you guys are all ok, no fires over here yet.

• Brohoof 1

*australian laughter intensifies*

U wot m8? U facken' wot m8?

This is insane. Especially for me, since this is my home state. I'm soo glad I live tens of miles away from this shit. I really hope you and others over there will be okay. 

This is ridiculous. How did this fire even start? Why is it so hard to contain?

Brush fires are pretty common in Cali. It's not about how it starts, it's about how easy it is to spread in this dry, hot climate.

Woah, this is insane. How am I just hearing about this?? 

Hope you guys are all ok, no fires over here yet.

If you're Californian, I'm surprised you haven't smelled it yet.

• Brohoof 1

If you're Californian, I'm surprised you haven't smelled it yet.

Well, I live in a pretty large city so there's quite a lot of smells. None of them being a fire. 
  • Brohoof 1

Good news, San Bernardino got an inch and a half of rain (an amazing feat in and of itself, and in the summer no less), so the fire is now 45% contained. Hopefully the damp ground will keep it from spreading an further.

• Brohoof 2

California is always on fire.  There is always an alien battle cruiser, or a Kerilean death ray, or an intergalactice plague that is about to wipe out life on this miserable little planet.  The only way these "people" get on with their "happy" lives is they do...not...know about it.