Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Veritum

(edited)

You know that scene from a certain finale? Yea, this a quick sketch based on that

1NBxc4h.png?1

As per usual any critique would be appreciated, but do note this is just a sketch, so not everything is perfect  ^_^

On a side note, perhaps the right arm (viewer perspective) could be a little less bendy :P

Edited by qMotus
  • Brohoof 7

This sketch of Princess Luna looks wonderful, in my opinion. Her body proportions are correct, from what I can tell, and the pose looks nice. Good work. :D

Thanks for the feedback  :squee:

• Brohoof 2

I've always loved that pose! Nailed it pretty much spot on here. :) Yes, the right arm does look like its a little bit painful for her. ^_^ But it's a minor detail. Other then that, the rest is pretty much perfect. Nice job! :grin2:

• Brohoof 2

That looks as if it were a concept sketch from hasbro itself! and you know what that means!

10/10 body is almost PERFECT

You did an amazing job.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It looks great. Nice little sketch!

I've always loved that pose! Nailed it pretty much spot on here. :) Yes, the right arm does look like its a little bit painful for her. ^_^ But it's a minor detail. Other then that, the rest is pretty much perfect. Nice job! :grin2:

That looks as if it were a concept sketch from hasbro itself! and you know what that means!

10/10 body is almost PERFECT

You did an amazing job.

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone for the kind words  :squee:

I'll periodically be posting sketches on the forums so perhaps you'll find another of mine later xD

Edited by qMotus
  • Brohoof 2

What program are you currently using?

I use Paint Tool Sai at the moment, but I'm also trying out Adobe Photoshop CC since I have a student license for it and such. We'll see how that goes xD

I really like Luna's pose, and how well she is proportioned. Great job! 

• Brohoof 2

I use Paint Tool Sai at the moment, but I'm also trying out Adobe Photoshop CC since I have a student license for it and such. We'll see how that goes xD

Sai is best for tablet use. Are you taking advantage of the stabilizer? We should skype or something sometime and I'll throw you some tips I've learned with it.

Sai is best for tablet use. Are you taking advantage of the stabilizer? We should skype or something sometime and I'll throw you some tips I've learned with it.

I don't think one is predominately better actually, people like Tsitra use photoshop and look at their amazing quality of work. But anyways yea, I do use the stabilizer a bit.

Wow, that looks great ⁿ-ⁿ

I'd bro hoof it, but the mobile version's bro hoof button broke.. :/

(EDIT: nvm.. must've glitched out or something.. Bro hoof for you :) )

Well anyways, i like it.. especially because it's Luna :D

Btw, if you're trying new software to draw/sketch with, give "Krita" a go ;) Greatest quality and tool variations I've seen on free software and is really easy to use.. i know because i didn't watch any tutorials or anything.. just jumped right into it xD

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think one is predominately better actually, people like Tsitra use photoshop and look at their amazing quality of work. But anyways yea, I do use the stabilizer a bit.

Yeah, where Sai is powerful, it lacks in other areas. It's always best to try and use multiple programs so you can plug up the weak points in one with another.