Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [CLOSED] Whisper: The City of Darkness (Exploration, Horror, Action/Adventure)

Once In A Blue Moon

(edited)

I have drawn up a threat table, which shows the risks to a character from various combat encounters (I give specific examples, but these are not exhaustive.) Consider this a guide, rather than an absolute rule - my earlier post #147 'A quick note about combat' still stands.  

post-34886-0-74777100-1444760691_thumb.png

Oh, and sorry for the delay.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,@@Chip Circuit, @@Orion Caelum.

I'm not sure of anyone has anything else to add, so I haven't moved the RP on just yet. I am a little busy on Wednesday and Thursday, but if no-one has added anything else by Friday then I will make another post (in the RP that large flyer will reach the square in a minute at most, but there is time to take various actions before then.)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Unicorncob,@Chip Circuit@Orion Caelum.

I should make clear that whilst Lavender and the alicorn-demon are having a show-stopping chaos-magic duel, there is nothing prohibiting anyone else from doing anything else or taking part in the 'duel' (it's not like chaos magic has rules, after all.) I won't deny that thinking up the chaos magic is rather good fun, but I absolutely do not want to sideline any other character.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob,@Chip Circuit@Orion Caelum.

I should make clear that whilst Lavender and the alicorn-demon are having a show-stopping chaos-magic duel, there is nothing prohibiting anyone else from doing anything else or taking part in the 'duel' (it's not like chaos magic has rules, after all.) I won't deny that thinking up the chaos magic is rather good fun, but I absolutely do not want to sideline any other character.

No, it's okay. Wilhelm wouldn't interfere, anyway, as chaos magic - if disrupted - can have very chaotic consequences... usually of the bad kind. As such, while I do have an action planned, he won't do it unless Lavender starts losing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The threat rating is currently 3 (three-five mutants per player) - Significant risk of being overpowered and will be increasing as more mutants pile into the square.

A brief note about equine combat: if you want to see the combat techniques that horses (and ponies) use in real life, this video shows a short confrontation (nothing distressing happens.) Note how they rear when confronting each other in an attempt to strike with their front legs, and are very careful when giving chase due to the ability to kick with the hind legs. The mutants are not using such techniques - they are charging, biting and attempting to hit their target with their full weight and knock them to the ground. MLPonies would mix this sort of technique with a few more 'human' options that their more flexible joints offer them.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if you were waiting on me. Been fairly distracted. If I forget to reply feel free to have unicorn message me

I've been a touch busy recently as well, so I didn't press the issue. That is all sorted now, though.

@@Orion Caelum@@Unicorncob@@Chip Circuit.

There are quite a lot of mutants after you...

post-34886-0-58292400-1448656368.png

Not needing to be told twice, she turned and booked it up the north street.

I don't know, I think a few hints that staying put would be bad for your health were dropped before then... 

"DESTROY them! Kill them ALL!"

The alicorn-demon had backed up some distance and taken flight, hovering above the square and apparently content to watch its minions swamp the ponies below. Dozens more mutants, possibly even hundreds, were swarming into the square now.

" 'e 'eed 'o GO! " He growled

Also running might be a good idea 

" 'UN " Bramble shouted back
  • Brohoof 1

I have a full draft up for the next post (almost 500 words long!) but I don't know when I'll be able to post it. It will be here, though, I assure you.

(So, um, if it's not too much to ask, don't advance the plot any more for a bit?)

Edited by Orion Caelum
  • Brohoof 1

I have a full draft up for the next post (almost 500 words long!) but I don't know when I'll be able to post it. It will be here, though, I assure you.   (So, um, if it's not too much to ask, don't advance the plot any more for a bit?)

Understood. In-game time-wise you have maybe a dozen seconds before the mutants catch up with you - more if somepony(/zebra) can find a way to slow them or block the road.

• Brohoof 1

I like how no one's giving Lavender's constant talking to herself a second thought

I've been working on the assumption that Trivy is used to Lavender being a bit weird, Marble isn't the best at understanding ponies' behaviour and Bramble has been focusing more on external threats.

Still, synchronised dance moves with a pair of doppelgangers (not exact copies, but very obviously similar) will get noticed eventually. 

• Brohoof 1