Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [CLOSED] Whisper: The City of Darkness (Exploration, Horror, Action/Adventure)

Once In A Blue Moon

I guess as well I wasn't sure if that was internal dialog or outspoken :P

Ah well then again Zayoh is new to the group so he has been focused on his internal world plus being from a community of spiritualists he probably sees a lot of eccentric zebras :P

He is concerned about her and that crystal.

@Unicorncob,@Chip Circuit.

I've heard from Orion that he will be unable to participate in the RP for the next month or so. Thankfully there is an appropriate juncture to separate the party into appropriate groups coming up, and how Wilhelm is reintroduced will depend on how far the story has progressed by then.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

@Chip Circuit,@Unicorncob.

I've got a few images to give everyone a bit of an idea about Canterot's new aesthetic - it's based on 'Dunwall' from the computer game 'Dishonoured', itself a dystopian steampunk version of Victorian London:

Oh, apparently that image extension is not permitted. Ho hum. A google search for 'Dunwall' should give you the right sort of results. 

• Brohoof 1

@Chip Circuit,@Unicorncob.

I've got a few images to give everyone a bit of an idea about Canterot's new aesthetic - it's based on 'Dunwall' from the computer game 'Dishonoured', itself a dystopian steampunk version of Victorian London:

Oh, apparently that image extension is not permitted. Ho hum. A google search for 'Dunwall' should give you the right sort of results. 

You have my attention

*loves Dishonoured*

I'm kinda confused, what is this role play about?

Also, I don't know the inverse square law. I didn't even know there was one. Will a smiley face do? :-)

Oh right, from what I've read I've decided I would like to join! I can't make an application right now, but could someone explain a little more about the rp

Edited by Ethan Sawyer
  • Brohoof 2

I'm kinda confused, what is this role play about?

Also, I don't know the inverse square law. I didn't even know there was one. Will a smiley face do? :-)

Oh right, from what I've read I've decided I would like to join! I can't make an application right now, but could someone explain a little more about the rp

Okay so essentially, there's eldritch monstery stuff knocking about and each player character is represented by a tarot. Mine, for example, is The Fool, which means she's rather quirky and has developed a connection to chaos magic

• Brohoof 1

Okay so essentially, there's eldritch monstery stuff knocking about and each player character is represented by a tarot. Mine, for example, is The Fool, which means she's rather quirky and has developed a connection to chaos magic

If I get accepted, I think I know who ill be sticking with. Heh.

• Brohoof 1

The RP is about a disaster that befell Ponyville and the events that followed.

The setting is partially modernised Equestria (most stuff is late Victorian to 1920s magic-powered tech, although some things are less advanced.)

The story thus far is that about one month prior to the RP starting, Celestia's, Luna, Cadence and Twilight all disappear, along with the sun and the moon. Only a single royal guard returned, claiming that Celestia had died and appointed him king. He has since been known only as 'The King' and has been fortifying Canterlot and building up the armed forces ever since.

A university trip to the ruins of the Crystal Empire ended up trapped inside Ponyville, which was the start of the RP.

The whole tarot thing is ... well, I've been avoiding explaining exactly what it is, but roughly what happens is that each RP character picks a card (one that hasn't already been selected) and that determines what powers they have to help save Equestria. The complicating factor is that they don't realise that they have special powers immediately, and so may use them unintentionally or instinctively without realising. To give the example of the character I was running before I took over as GM (and so is now more of a significant NPC) Bramble is the 'Chariot' and has the magical gift of unnatural speed - he is unaware of this, but tends to always arrive where he needs to be in time, as well as having more proactive inclinations (always move on, never stop and wait.)

It would be great to have someone else join, and there is a good opportunity to introduce a new character coming up - I will PM you about your character and how best to introduce them tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

I been meaning to get back into role-playing and this RP seems pretty interesting.

Name: Cura Breeze
Character Link:https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/cura-breeze-r4786
Tarot Card: Temperance
Roleplay-specific notes: Due to the fact that Cura is the co-head of a major humanitarian organization there could be several different interesting ways you could introduce him into the story. I would be willing to discuss these through PM   
Misc.:

Edited by Blacklight
  • Brohoof 1

Name: Scarlett
Character Link: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/scarlett-fidelity-cps-r8402
Tarot Card: Death
Roleplay-specific notes: -Suit -Tools
Misc.: She is part changeling, but the only effect this has is that she has the small ability to sense emotions of other ponies and if she's drained all her magic, or just run out of it, a small colour scheme change takes place.

PM me when you have time, I'm going out.

• Brohoof 1

So for the new comers so you know, Zayoh is a spiritualist and can control the radius of his aura to calm the area spiritually. Unfortunately this will cause any magic to fizzle and currently he can't fully stop this aura so when it's enveloping only him he is immune to all magic, beneficial and harmful.

So for the new comers so you know, Zayoh is a spiritualist and can control the radius of his aura to calm the area spiritually. Unfortunately this will cause any magic to fizzle and currently he can't fully stop this aura so when it's enveloping only him he is immune to all magic, beneficial and harmful.

If I was keeping Scarlett's ability to sense emotions, this would be deadly.

If I was keeping Scarlett's ability to sense emotions, this would be deadly.

I don't think it affects innate magic like a pegasi's ability to fly. It more so affects outwardly magic such as spells and for emotion sensing I would see it being as just Zayoh couldn't be read emotionally via magic.

Still learning this ability since it was created by once in a blue moon

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Chip Circuit

I don't think it affects innate magic like a pegasi's ability to fly. It more so affects outwardly magic such as spells and for emotion sensing I would see it being as just Zayoh couldn't be read emotionally via magic.

(The below capabilities are those that have already been used, I have notes for more as well as an attitude of flexibility in what Zayoh can learn to do. There are similar lists for all other characters.)

It depends on what Zayoh is doing. At all times Zayoh is immune to magic (of all types) and if he concentrates then he can expand this 'magical null zone' to cover a larger area around himself. In this case, all magic within this zone ceases and none can be cast - be it unicorn magic, pegasus flight, magical items or 'tarot powers' (Bramble, having speed-related tarot powers, is slowed to normal speeds by this, other characters are also affected in different ways depending on their powers but all generally feel less able and slightly colder.)

Zayoh is also able to 'dampen' magic in the area around him - depending on how hard he tries, it makes spells less effective and generally reduces the power of all magic (so flying is harder but still possible, levitation works but is more sluggish and can cut out for a split second every so often, etc.)