Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Shadows of Equestria

nx9100

Enzo nodded his head in agreement.

"I've had my fair share of bounty hunters, and trust me, the ones after us right now are a far cry from the more lethal ones... And as for your second point, please elaborate"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddd

*sakuya remains silent*

@, "what happens when you get a bunch of timber wolves something new to eat. sometimes they work together, if its more then one pack of timber wolves there will be competition between the groups. and competition will lead to a skirmish in one way or another" Crescent smiled leaning back on the slab.

"making fewer problems for the prey" he paused realizing he was missing something.

"then again, it could be the opposite" he moved back up "please tell me you saw the reward on our heads before we bailed the hotel?" the bat asked loosing his smile.

Enzo shrugged crescent off.

"Even if we do shake the mercenaries and bounty hunters off, in case you haven't noticed, we have been marked as criminals. The city guard will still be after us."

He stared into space, as if in deep thought.

"And no, I didn't see how high our bounties were."

He turned back to crescent.

" ok, alternate plan: we just lay low in the shadows while I help you out with your problem"

Leading the way into the office inside the warehouse, Sakuya stepped up to a map of Manehattan mounted to the wall.  Various pins were stuck into it marking warehouses, buildings, etc.  "Alright," she began, "so technically, I'm still supposed to be working for my boss, but I've been wanting to branch out on my own for a while now.  Basic smuggling business, black market items and the like.  With a focus on magic items and such."  She looked over her two newest associates.  "Here's the catch.  Once he finds out about this... my boss is NOT going to be happy.  Knowing him, he'll send thugs to 'rough us up'.  Which is where you two come in."  She grinned.  "He relies on a small army of goons to do his fighting for him.  I'm going to try the opposite, and rely on two strong fighters to back me..."

"small army? tch, doesnt seem very wise for a boss to only rely on a few dozen goons that barely know how to swing a shovel...shouldnt he had a personal bodyguard?" caliber asked, examining the map. "one thats actually trained?"

"...but, i see what your saying. he'll send some dudes to rough us up. we take a few limbs, in response. they stop messing with us. seems simple enough." 

• 2 weeks later...

He trotted down the sidewalk, stopping every now and then when other ponies would come up to greet him.  Many were asking for help with their recently destroyed or damaged shops, help he was only too happy to promise.  As he continued, a smartly dressed mare approached.  "Ah, good morning, Councilmare Skylight!"

"And to you," replied the city council member.  "I came down to survey the damage from the other night, and assume you are here doing the same?"

"Of course," he replied with a grin, "I was raised in this city.  Anything I can do to help, I will.  My company is already making arrangements for reconstruction projects as we speak."

"For a modest fee, of course," she replied, as they stepped around a small pile of rubble.

"Surely the city has a 'damage relief fund'," he countered, "I would think that should cover the expenses."

The councilmare leaned in closer.  "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get a contract," she whispered.  "You DID fund my election campaign, after all."

"I call it a long-term-investment," he chuckled.  "One that has already paid off in more ways-"

"ENNEX!!  Hey Ennex!" a familiar voice shouted from down the street.  Both ponies looked up to see a grey stallion running towards them.  "I found you!"

"If you will excuse me, Coucilmare," Ennex nodded to her.  She walked away, and he turned to face the newcomer.  "Hello Random Action.  When did you-"  He broke off, as the other grabbed him in a bear hug.

"It's great to see you, bro!"  After a minute, Random released him.  "I came in on the train this morning, and your office said you were down here."  He looked around.  "What happened to this place?"

"It is a long story," Ennex replied.  "Now, not that I do not mind to see you again, brother, but what brings you to Manehattan?  Is Ponyville t0o boring for you?"

"Nope!  In fact," Random's eyes went wide, "I have a new marefriend!  Come on, let'e get some grub and I'll tell you all about her!"

"Very well," Ennex said, and followed his brother to a nearby dinner....

------------------------------

Sakuya's ears flattened a bit.  "That's the thing.  He DOES have a bodyguard.  A tough stallion who goes by the name 'Ravage'.  I don't know much about him, as he's been with the boss longer them me.  All I know is that he's one of the strongest ponies I've ever seen, and one of the best fighters as well.  Rumor has it he's never been beaten in a fight, and can even ninja-around real quiet-like."  She grinned.  "I told you I had a challenge for you...."

Edited by nx9100
  • Brohoof 1

He trotted down the sidewalk, stopping every now and then when other ponies would come up to greet him.  Many were asking for help with their recently destroyed or damaged shops, help he was only too happy to promise.  As he continued, a smartly dressed mare approached.  "Ah, good morning, Councilmare Skylight!"

"And to you," replied the city council member.  "I came down to survey the damage from the other night, and assume you are here doing the same?"

"Of course," he replied with a grin, "I was raised in this city.  Anything I can do to help, I will.  My company is already making arrangements for reconstruction projects as we speak."

"For a modest fee, of course," she replied, as they stepped around a small pile of rubble.

"Surely the city has a 'damage relief fund'," he countered, "I would think that should cover the expenses."

The councilmare leaned in closer.  "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get a contract," she whispered.  "You DID fund my election campaign, after all."

"I call it a long-term-investment," he chuckled.  "One that has already paid off in more ways-"

"ENNEX!!  Hey Ennex!" a familiar voice shouted from down the street.  Both ponies looked up to see a grey stallion running towards them.  "I found you!"

"If you will excuse me, Coucilmare," Ennex nodded to her.  She walked away, and he turned to face the newcomer.  "Hello Random Action.  When did you-"  He broke off, as the other grabbed him in a bear hug.

"It's great to see you, bro!"  After a minute, Random released him.  "I came in on the train this morning, and your office said you were down here."  He looked around.  "What happened to this place?"

"Long story," Ennex replied.  "Now, not that I do not mind to see you again, brother, but what brings you to Manehattan?  Is Ponyville to boring for you?"

"Nope!  In face," Random's eyes went wide, "I have a new marefriend!  Come on, let'e get some grub and I'll tell you all about her!"

"Very well," Ennex said, and followed his brother to a nearby dinner....

Dusk Waltz had finally spotted him. The stallion from last night was walking down the street the fight took place, and gladhoofing with the local business owners. Obviously, this pony was a popular face around here.

A grey stallion approached him, and squeezed him in a tight hug. Now this was curious; who would be so bold as to not only make physical contact with this pony - Ennex, if he heard right - but to give him a potentially bone-crushing bear hug?

Must be a relative, or a very close friend. He continued to listen in...ah yes, a brother. That explains it.

The two began approaching a nearby diner, and Dusk decided to follow them. He could grab a spot of coffee while he was there as well; decaf, of course. No need to overload the senses with more caffeine.

• Brohoof 1

Stellar walked out onto the street. She saw a gray unicorn sitting down outside a nearby cafe with a friend.

Excuse me, but do you know where the hospital is? I think i sprained my wing..

She guestured to her wing.

I just arrived here, I'm coming to see a freind, and i got a bit lost.

@@nx9100,

Salleria leaned against a wall, fiddling with her grenade's presets while maintaining a generally stoic look on her face.

"That's... All we know about him? None of his tricks, martial arts history, trump cards? Nothing?" Salleria asked, a small amount of irritation slipping in her voice. "Or is he just a wall of meat"

Edited by Guest

caliber was grinning, until Salleria made her observation. 

"does it matter if you know nothing about him? you'll be getting used for the small fry, anyways." he smirked. "ravage is mine. so let me worry about how mysterious this guy is. personally..." 

he glanced back at sayuka. "the less i know about a guy, when im going to fight him, the better. its no fun when you know everything about your opponent. the fight isnt even a fight anymore, then." 

@,  Cresent leaned back "well once this waiting game gets done with and the basted finds us it'll just be a matter of killing or...bleeding him a lot. Luna pops in and tells me to not go the revenge rout....but...." he leaned back up "would killing your brothers murder count as justice or not Enzo...I see how both could go its just" Cresent didn't open up about this enough but he knew he needed a plan of action.  

@nx and p-jay

Salleria rolled her eyes. "Very well then. You go after this 'Ravage' and I go after the small fry, then I go back and rescue your ass once your arrogance comes back to bite you." Salleria snarled.

------------

@cwhip

Enzo tapped his chin with his ( uninjured ) hoof. "That really depends. In my experience with well, murderers...

The image of a 4 winged Griffin flashed through his mind at the thought

...they pretty much never kill for a personal reason. Maybe it's the same for your case. They usually have a boss or employer that wants you dead."

Enzo turned back to Crescent. "Which means, again, it's really situational. No use killing off the small fry following orders to avenge your brother"

@, "so I should go after the boss pony who made the hit then" Cresent scratched his mane thinking..."which means I'm still going to have to start with the smallest fry"

Cresent herd some noise past the wall making him silence himself. He slowly placed and ear towards the wall...aside from the multitude of blood beats he herd passing by none struck out at him. He shook his head annoyed at his paranoia. He chuckled sitting back down

"I wonder whats taking device so long she's a capable fighter as we saw last night but...how long has it been sense she left?" asked the batpony

Device slowly walked toward the building where she left the two fugitives, trying not to draw attention to herself. Once she was back inside the alley she made her way to the door opening it quickly and entered it making her way back to Enzo and Crescent carrying a saddle bag on her back. "Hey you two I'm back sorry for taking so long," Device said to the two ponies.

• Brohoof 1

"So, brother," Ennex began, as he waited for a server, "you met somepony?"

"Yeah," Random replied with a goofy grin, "Her name is Starshine, and she's really sweet."

"I am sure.  Where is she from?  And how did you meet her?"

"She's from Las Pegasus," Random noticed his brother's eyes narrowing.  "No, no gambling depts or anything.  She's been staying in Ponyville with some friends, and I met her at the bowling alley.  It was Single's Night, and I was bored, and we were on lanes next to each other, and started talking..."

"And you charmed her with your 'goofball antics', as father used to say?"

"You got it!" Random sat back with a pleased look.  "And we've been seeing each other ever since!"

"How long ago was that?" the blue pony asked.

"Almost a month ago," his brother replied.  "You see.... that's why I came to town.  I wanted to get her something... but... " he trailed off.

"But you are short of money and need a loan."  He sighed, as his brother nodded.  "Very well.  Go to the jeweler's down on Starswirl Ave, pick something out and have them charge it to me."

Random's smile got larger then even his brother thought was possible.  "Thanks bro!  I owe you, big time!"  He jumped up.  "I'll make sure to bring her by later, so you can meet her!"

"I look forward to it," Ennex replied, watching as his brother pratically ran out of the dinner.  He sighed, and signaled to the waiter he was ready to order....

------

Sakuya laughed, as she moved back to lay down on a small rug.  'Oh, that feels better', she thought after stretching a moment, the slight buldge of her stomach more noticable.  "Well, I DO know a few things.  He was trained by some Royal Guards Special Forces, or some such.  And he spent time in the frozen north for some survival thing... but that's about it."

"Special forces? Of the royal guards?" Salleria cawed in mirth. "No special weaponry, or any kind of freakish magic or powers? Just... Strength?"

She turned to Caliber.

"Looks like you aren't getting slaughtered after all..."

Salleria clicked her claws, turning her eyes back to Sakuya. She sighed.

"Let's get this over with."

caliber's eyes glittered. but that was quickly turned into a scowl when Salleria spoke. 

"...iv tangled with ursa, before, griffon. im sure i would've been fine any which way." he glared pointedly at her. "try not to trip me up...i prefer to work alone."

he stretched a bit more, noticing the bulge in sayuka's stomach. 'foolish mare...getting herself pregnant when she could be dead by next week...' he distantly thought, but didnt give it any more thought.

"So, brother," Ennex began, as he waited for a server, "you met somepony?"

"Yeah," Random replied with a goofy grin, "Her name is Starshine, and she's really sweet."

"I am sure.  Where is she from?  And how did you meet her?"

"She's from Las Pegasus," Random noticed his brother's eyes narrowing.  "No, no gambling depts or anything.  She's been staying in Ponyville with some friends, and I met her at the bowling alley.  It was Single's Night, and I was bored, and we were on lanes next to each other, and started talking..."

"And you charmed her with your 'goofball antics', as father used to say?"

"You got it!" Random sat back with a pleased look.  "And we've been seeing each other ever since!"

"How long ago was that?" the blue pony asked.

"Almost a month ago," his brother replied.  "You see.... that's why I came to town.  I wanted to get her something... but... " he trailed off.

"But you are short of money and need a loan."  He sighed, as his brother nodded.  "Very well.  Go to the jeweler's down on Starswirl Ave, pick something out and have them charge it to me."

Random's smile got larger then even his brother thought was possible.  "Thanks bro!  I owe you, big time!"  He jumped up.  "I'll make sure to bring her by later, so you can meet her!"

"I look forward to it," Ennex replied, watching as his brother pratically ran out of the dinner.  He sighed, and signaled to the waiter he was ready to order....

Dusk followed the stallions into the diner, taking a seat in a booth next to them, his head and Ennex's facing opposite. A lone copy of the current newspaper sat on the table from a previous patron's usage, so he flipped it open to have a look while eavesdropping.

Nothing too worthy of note; the other stallion, definitely Ennex's brother, updating him on his life. He offered silent congratulations to him for his new marefriend; love is always something to cherish.

As a waitress approached him, he ordered a decaf coffee.

He smirked with devilish pride as an article in the paper caught his eye.

Guards Still Baffled

Private Investigator called in to track down notorious burglar Ghost after Canterlot Boutique Jewellery Theft

Good luck, he thought deviously.

"Very well," Sakuya replied with a sigh.  "First, I'll have to get some merchandise delivered, so we can start moving product.  Things might be a bit quiet to start, but don't worry, you'll get your action."  She smirked.  "I promise...."

--------------

He watched his brother leave, keeping his face from showing the scowl hidden beneath it.  While he did care for his brother (but will never admit to it), he still got annoyed at him from time to time.  Random's carefree lifestyle tended to clash with Ennex's strick adherence to work and schedules.  If she makes him happy, he thought, then I guess I can allow it.  As long as she is worthy of our family.  That thought brought another almost scowl to his face.  Normally, his late father would have handled matters such as judging a possible mate before they could join the Family.  With his passing, that task now fell to the eldest brother, Ennex.  Yet one more annoyance to distract him from his schemes.....

@@P-Jay

Salleria ignored Caliber's stare, at the same time trying her hardest not to glance down at Sakuya's bulging belly. "Suit yourself. I, too, prefer to work alone. Hard to you up when I have wings."

She fluttered said appendages as she got off her wall. Salleria drew her weapon from her side. Several lights near it's handle lit up, and it made a whirring sound. Satisfied, Salleria put away her umbrella.

"Ready when you are"

He watched his brother leave, keeping his face from showing the scowl hidden beneath it.  While he did care for his brother (but will never admit to it), he still got annoyed at him from time to time.  Random's carefree lifestyle tended to clash with Ennex's strick adherence to work and schedules.  If she makes him happy, he thought, then I guess I can allow it.  As long as she is worthy of our family.  That thought brought another almost scowl to his face.  Normally, his late father would have handled matters such as judging a possible mate before they could join the Family.  With his passing, that task now fell to the eldest brother, Ennex.  Yet one more annoyance to distract him from his schemes.....

Dusk glanced over his shoulder at Ennex, who was sitting in silence. Though, he could feel a slight discomfort from the stallion, like he did not want to be involved in his brother's love life. That was understandable; he seemed like a pony with a busy agenda of his own.

Now if only he could get to said agenda, and give the pegasus something interesting to do.

He took a sip of his coffee and continued reading the article, feeling his ego swell up as it mentioned how difficult Ghost was for authorities to track down.

As he sat in the diner, two ponies entered and walked straight up to the blue stallion's table.  "Sir," one of them said nervously, " sorry to disturb you, but we found her."

He slowly looked up at them.  "Really?  What took you so long?"

They both gulped.  "Well, you see, sir," the first one stammered, "we followed a few shipments, but then lost the trail, and had to-"

"Enough." The order cut off the explanations.  "Where?"  The second pony slowly placed a folded note on the table, then they both nodded and quickly, yet causally, left the dinner.  Ennex picked up the note, and quickly memorized the address.  He stuffed the paper into his half-empty glass (where the remaining liquid could soak and ruin it), and headed out into the street.  Finally, after four months, I've found you....

• Brohoof 1

As he sat in the diner, two ponies entered and walked straight up to the blue stallion's table.  "Sir," one of them said nervously, " sorry to disturb you, but we found her."

He slowly looked up at them.  "Really?  What took you so long?"

They both gulped.  "Well, you see, sir," the first one stammered, "we followed a few shipments, but then lost the trail, and had to-"

"Enough." The order cut off the explanations.  "Where?"  The second pony slowly placed a folded note on the table, then they both nodded and quickly, yet causally, left the dinner.  Ennex picked up the note, and quickly memorized the address.  He stuffed the paper into his half-empty glass (where the remaining liquid could soak and ruin it), and headed out into the street.  Finally, after four months, I've found you....

Dusk's ears flicked as new voices made themselves known behind him, and he listened in to the conversation. Seems they found somepony Ennex been looking for for quite some time.

A smirk crossed his face. Finally, something interesting was going down.

He waited a few seconds after Ennex left his seat, before taking a last drink of his coffee, setting a few bits on the table, and pursued the stallion.

He noticed the note was stuffed into his glass, where the ink would be ruined by the liquid.

Clever, he snickered internally, tracking Ennex down the street a few yards away, But you'll have to do better.

caliber flicked his ear. "well great, what am i supposed to do in the meantime? you aint gonna be in any trouble, here...your new toy soldier here must be somewhat skilled, and will make sure of that."

he sighed, before looking out the office, at the workers moving boxes. "and they dont exactly need my help. any ideas boss?"

Edited by P-Jay

• 3 weeks later...

He walked down the Manehatten street, greeting various ponies as they passed.  Across the street, he noticed a group large covered wagon pull up in front of one of the damaged buildings, a group of constructions ponies pulling it.  His eyes traced the letters painted on the side of the wagon:

NX Industries: Building the Future

Ennex grinned, as they workers started unloading tools and equipment from the wagon.  Still smiling to himself behind his black-rimmed glasses, he continued on down the street, heading in the general direction of the warehouse district....

He walked down the Manehatten street, greeting various ponies as they passed.  Across the street, he noticed a group large covered wagon pull up in front of one of the damaged buildings, a group of constructions ponies pulling it.  His eyes traced the letters painted on the side of the wagon:

NX Industries: Building the Future

Ennex grinned, as they workers started unloading tools and equipment from the wagon.  Still smiling to himself behind his black-rimmed glasses, he continued on down the street, heading in the general direction of the warehouse district....

Dusk followed Ennex's gaze to the wagon, and saw the name on the side.

'NX Industries'? He must be related to them somehow...

He continued stalking the earth pony, tracking him toward the warehouse district.

Aah, the perfect place for shady dealings. I should've figured.

An excitement began welling up inside him. He was finally going to see what this mysterious stallion was all about!