Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Sombra's Shadow

Pucksterv

(edited)

Trivy put down her stuff once their were back in the cave. She grabbed out her map and laid down on the ground. She created a small light spell so she could see what she was looking at. "We are here, we just took out the guard tower here so best way to go is...hmm yes.. following the river is still our best option." Trivy mumbled to herself. "Okay! If everypony is ready then we can go, the moon is almost at the high point, perfect time for a road trip." She said as she rolled back up her map and grabbed her bag.

@@Sweet_Melody,

She noticed the white mare following her as well. "Are you ready to go miss..uh.. your name is?"

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 2

Melody noticed Trivy talking to her. It startled her, making her light spell go off. 

She near to whispered, nervously, "I'm....Sweet Melody.... and uh.... y-you want me to come with you?" 

Melody walked closer, shaking a little, knowing they wouldn't hurt her, but was afraid of them knowing her identity, which had always been an issue for her in the past. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Pucksterv

Rave looked at the guard, a smile appearing on his face, revealing his fangs. "She does? Well, we must not let the princess keep on waiting. That is not how you treat royalty" he laughed. 

A dark mist surrounded Rave and with that, everything turned black. He knew where he was, in the dungeons, where there was no light source except for the light that outsiders brought with them. His horn glowed and he walked for a while, until he approached one cell. There was a white stone where there should be a keyhole on the cell door. His horn touched it and it started to glow blue and the door to the cell and he stepped inside. "Does the princess of friendship request my presence?" he walked in, smiling, his horn still providing light. 

• Brohoof 2

@@JonasDarkmane, After parting from Lilith, Jinx went back to her own quarters in order to fully perfect a particular dark magic spell that she'd been working on. On completing it, the unicorn mare grinned in wicked delight. All she needed to do was to try out the spell, to see for herself its effects. Of course, this could be done simply by trying it out in a viewing crystal, but where would be the fun in that? Jinx used her magic to send a message down to the cells, then she sent a letter to be delivered to Rave's room.

I have a proposal for you. I have recently created a new torture spell. It needs to be tested, and there just happens to be a slave in the cells right now who is on punishment for attacking a guard. Would you care to watch? I think it would be entertaining. Send me a reply for when you want this to happen.

Jinx.

Edited by Pripyat Pony
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

@@Sweet_Melody,

"Wait a second, I've never seen you around here before...how long have you been traveling with our group?" Trivy said, looking at the Melody, examining her.

@@JonasDarkmane,

Twilight was laying on the ground when Rave entered her cell. She got up slowly as she did not have much strength left. There was a rusty old chain around her neck that made a screeching sound over the floor when she moved. She settled herself against the wall and looked at Rave. "Well, requested is not what I said. I said to send your crazy flank down here, something very different." Twilight said with a small chuckle that made her chest hurt. ''You know why I want to talk to you, right?"

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

Melody grew more nervous as Trivy asked questions. She gulped lightly, "I-I haven't been following for v-very long ma'am.... I just...noticed you weren't in Sombra's control....and....." Melody hesitated to say anything else.... Hoping Trivy was not angry about her following them.

• Brohoof 1

@@Pucksterv

"The Princess makes delightful jokes that amuses me" Rave grinned. He got closer to her. "Perhaps. There might be a lot of reasons. But I suppose I do..." he said the last sentence with a warning tone. "Please, do tell me why you require my presence? Not saying that I don't enjoy being within your presence, it is quite enjoyable" he chuckled coldly, looking at her chains grinning. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Sweet_Melody,

"hey, no..no..no... I..I didn't mean to scare you..and please don't cal me ma'am. We're practically the same age." Trivy said with a chuckle. "Don't worry, you can stay with us. You are save. Now go grab your gear, we're moving soon."

@@JonasDarkmane,

''Get that dirty grin of your face." Twilight said a bit angry but still too weak to raise her voice. "You and I both know you can't keep doing this any longer. How long will you keep this is up? Serving Sombra? How long until you finally realize that what is your doing is wrong?"

• Brohoof 2

@@Pucksterv

Rave was done playing his little game with the princess. The lack of respect made him mad. He grabbed by the neck with both of his hooves and pinned her to the wall. "What do you know? You are the one chained up, you are the one who is weak, you are the one in the darkness..... you are the one who is.... broken" he sad, his visuals that of a mad pony. "It is my duty to serve my King, it is my duty to keep to my family code. It is tradition, it is the law". He stood there, pinning her to the wall and staring coldly into her eyes. 

• Brohoof 2

@@JonasDarkmane,

"Now this is what I mean." Twilight said with a grin. "You get angry and attack somepony who is so weak she can barely even speak. Look at how low you have sunken. I knew you family, Rave and I know that you may act like you are one of them but I also know that underneath this act of yours you are a kind pony who is nothing like his family." Twilight said while she felt his grip around her throat get stronger. "Look at yourself and tell me you want to be... this?" 

• Brohoof 2

@@Pucksterv

Rave thought for a while, his expression turned from mad to that of a lost pony. "I--I--". However, soon, his expression darkened. His voice changed. "Trying to change his mind again? How many times must I intervene? You won't be able to stop him, you won't change his mind, I will return. It will be Sombra's most glorious present, my return. Face it, you have failed princess, your world is now ours, the ponies that used to run around free are now either dead or enslaved. Your friends and your leaders are dead. There is nothing left of Equestria. The Equestria that you knew is gone and burned. Now there is only darkness". 

• Brohoof 3

Melody smiled slightly, and grabbed her saddlebag, which she had packed with some essentials. She ran and caught up with the group, happy to be with somepony that she could trust, hopefully.

"Where are you guys going? I was surprised to see more ponies in these caverns..... They are awfully....." Melody shuddered.... "Dark...."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Sweet_Melody, @@Randimaxis,

"We are going to Baltimare, it's a long trip but it is worth the distance. We can take a boat to the griffon kingdom there." Trivy said with a smile. "Also, the cave is suppose to be dark silly, how else are we gonna hide from the shadow recruits?" She said with a smile.

Trivy poked Harcourt in his side. "Are you ready to go? I've planned out the route. I'm all set!"

@@JonasDarkmane,

"Haven't you heard yet? About the legends? About Harmony's light?" Twilight said with a grin before she dissolved into laughter. "You won't be able to stop them. You already lost since the day you started this war."

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 2

Melody giggled a little, "True, I rather not get attacked by them again.... They show no mercy...." 

Melody looked down, thinking about what they had done to her parents many years ago... She mumbled under her breath, "No mercy....at all...."

Melody felt a lump in her throat and immediatly looked back up, pushing her painful memories aside, and focused on the task at hand.

• Brohoof 2

@@Pucksterv

"You young naive fool. I haven't survived for over 1000 of years, my body destroyed but my spirit surviving, just to be stopped by some rambling prophecies. You are a fool Twilight, and you will die a fool.... just like Celestia" a nasty grin appeared on Rave's face. "I believe this meeting is over. It was enjoyable talking with you. I had hoped for more than just taunts. It may work a bit on Rave, but it doesn't work on me. You already know so yourself". 

The deep dark voice was of the founder of the Darkmane family, the first Darkmane, Blackforest Darkmane. Very few knew much about him, however, what everybody knew about him was that he was brutal, sadistic, had no morals and was a cannibal. 

A mist surrounded Rave's body and with that, he was gone. 

• Brohoof 2

Harcourt, hooked again to the hated cart, looked nothing like he did earlier - it almost seemed like the cart had changed him into another pony entirely.  He gave Trivy a firm look.

"Glad to see you're feeling so chipper, Trivitanicus...and my side thanks you so very much for the poke; now both sides ache equally."

Though his words were snarky, Trivy could see the amused glint in his eye.  He began pulling again, and turned to look at Melody.  "As for you, make sure to keep moving, as we haven't much leeway for slowpokes.  Melody, you say?  Very well, I am Harcourt Blackwater, and I pull the cart."

The evil, evil cart, he thought.

"Now, do tell child... what brings you here, and how did you manage to make it this far?"

He gave Trivy the silent "keep an eye on her" signal.

Edited by Randimaxis

(edited)

@@Sweet_Melody@@Randimaxis,

Trivy stepped outside the cave and stood at the entrance. The night sky was pitch black except for the moon. Trivy counted the amount of ponies who walked outside the cave. "15...that can't be right.." Trivy sighed and started walking after the rest of the group.

@@JonasDarkmane

Twilight did not react to his words, she only kept laughing. "You lost.. YOU LOST! You will never win. HAHAHAHA, never, Darkness will be defeated!" Twilight said while she continued to laugh. She fell down on the ground. "Harmony's light! HARMONY"S LIGHT!" She yelled after Rave. All those lonely years appeared to have made Twilight go crazy, no one would ever take her words seriously. But perhaps this time they were mistaken to not listen to what she had to say.

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 2

Melody listed to Harcourt closely, noticing he was not as peppy as Trivy. She giggled a little at some of his remarks, trying to stay calm. 

She nodded when he said her name. "It is nice to meet you."

Melody's heart skipped a beat when she heard his question. She was silent for a moment, thinking about how she should answer it reasonably.

"I was hiding here.....because I didn't know where else to go....."

Melody sighed, looking to the side, "And im not sure how i made it this far.... or how i'm still alive in the first place...."

• Brohoof 1

"I was hiding here.....because I didn't know where else to go....."

Harcourt knew the feeling.  He'd roamed for a few years before finding his way into the band of rebels that he was currently towing the cart for.  There was sympathy for her... but admittedly, not much.  Not because he was actually truly suspicious of her - his keen sense for these things had never steered him wrong before - but because he had invested a LOT of sympathy in other ponies before, and most of them had died.  He was never certain how much more he could spare.  He had plenty of it for Trivy, of course... but he'd known her for quite a while now, and she had proven worth his time and trust.  Maybe Melody would, too... in time.

"And I'm not sure how I made it this far.... or how I'm still alive in the first place...."

That was also a feeling Harcourt had intimate knowledge of.  He recalled the time he'd gotten sick a few years back; that had been two weeks of the most awful illness he'd ever known in his life.  Technically, he supposed that it should have killed him... but the group's attentiveness, especially Trivy's, had eventually brought him around.  He still wasn't sure why he'd survived without a lignering illness, but he had been fit as a fiddle (an OLD fiddle) after the fever had broken.

"Well, the point is moot - you're still alive, and that counts for something.  Don't doubt yourself; we don't have room for it.  Not for a long time now.  So pony up, my dear," he said, but not unkindly, "as long as you pull your weight, you'll be welcome with us."

If she could pull the damnable cart, she'd be my HERO, he mused.  

Edited by Randimaxis
  • Brohoof 1

Melody sighed. She was used to carrying her own weight, as she had been living alone for quite awhile now.... 

"I'm willing to do whatever you need me to do, as long as it helps in some way." Melody offered a smile, which she hadn't done truely to many ponies ever in the past, but she knew these ponies were her last hope at this time.

Melody started walking a little faster, and caught up to Harcourt. She examined what he was doing and sensed a feeling of dread in him. She wanted to make a good impression to them, so they knew she was of no harm....

"I can tell you are having trouble pulling that cart.... Would you like some help?"

Melody has always been smaller than the average pony, yet her wings were bigger than the normal pegasus.... This difference usually made her seem weaker, but she was actually much stronger than she appeared to be.

Edited by Sweet_Melody
  • Brohoof 2

Harcourt stared at her for a moment, goggle-eyed... then smiled kindly.

"No, my lady - though you've just earned quite a few points with me.  The cart's far heavier than one would think, and the workout keeps me from turning into a fat, lazy pony.  Besides, dragging this pile of splinters is a curse I would never wish on a fine damsel such as yourself."

He paused long enough to take a grand, sweeping bow.

"But merely the offer you've made warms my cold heart.  Were I still a young stallion, I would endeavor to perhaps steal a kiss from you, but I will simply bear the burden of your loveliness as we travel on together."

He gave a very charismatic, roguish grin, then seemingly remembered his age... and actually blushed.

"My deepest apologies, my lady - old habits die hard, and my habits are quite old by now.  I do forget myself sometimes."

Though he turned back to the road, it seemed as if his step was a bit livelier as he began pulling the cart again.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@,

Ponies walked side by side as they walked next to the river. Trivy was looking at her map, planning the best way to avoid the next guard tower. She was not looking where she was going and accidentally bumped into Diamond. "Oh..so sorry, my apologies." Trivy said as she put her map away, back in her bag. She looked at Diamond with a smile. "How are ye holding up?"

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 2

@,

Ponies walked side by side as they walked next to the river. Trivy was looking at her map, planning the best way to avoid the next guard tower. She was not looking where she was going and accidentally bumped into Diamond. "Oh..so sorry, my apologies." Trivy said as she put her map away, back in her bag. She looked at Diamond with a smile. "How are ye holding up?"

Diamond was lost in her own thoughts. Many ponies thought that she was an immature goofball becasue of her upbeat personality, but she was actually pretty mature. She was snapped out of her thoughts by Trivy bumping into her.

"Oh...So sorry, my apologies, how are ye holding up?" Asked Trivy. The bump didn't affect Diamond at all. So with her still big adorable smile she said "No problemo Trivy, and i'm holding up... Pretty well, if i have to say so myself" Said DIamond, she then made a gesture towards Trivy "What about you? That loss still affecting you?" Asked Diamond with concern

• Brohoof 2

@

"What about you? That loss still affecting you?"

"Well, I'm not happy about what happened but Mr. Orange made his decision a long time ago. No reason to morn about." Trivy said as she walked next to Diamond. "Honestly, I have lost so many friends these past few years that... well, I'm used to losing ponies. Lets just leave it at that." 

• Brohoof 2

@

"What about you? That loss still affecting you?"

"Well, I'm not happy about what happened but Mr. Orange made his decision a long time ago. No reason to morn about." Trivy said as she walked next to Diamond. "Honestly, I have lost so many friends these past few years that... well, I'm used to losing ponies. Lets just leave it at that." 

Diamond was sad to hear that. So she went 'cheering a friend up' mode. She put on a smile, that instantly brightened the room. "Aww, i'm sorry to hear that Trivy. We can talk about it you want to, i can relate to your... Problem." That was true, and yet a lie, but she was more focused on cheering Trivy up

• Brohoof 2