Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Dragon Ball Super

Castle Bleck

What are your thoughts on it so far?

Personally, I... don't think it's off to a good start at all.

It's literally just a repeat of Battle Of Gods, Beerus is now just a Family-Guy-style jerk (unlike in the movies, where he's still an immature jerk, but he has senses of humor and honor as well), and now Fat Buu is almost as bad (He's more or less domestically abusive to Mr. Satan / Hercule, unlike the just-an-all-powerful-manchild-who-has-violent-tantrums-when-provoked-but-is-otherwise-a-decent-guy portrayal in DBZ.).

Many YouTubers have actually called GT a masterpiece compared to this.

• Brohoof 3

Hey, I actually made a topic for this anime, already. Here.

I guess it has failed to impress so much that the topic got buried. I understand, and agree. It has been underwhelming beyond reason. I don't know why they chose to retell Battle of Gods and the Freeza movie before going to new material. That was quite a way to destroy the hype for a new Dragon Ball series.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen it but I do want to watch it. I think I seen the BoG movie but not the new Frieza one. Is Super really that bad for a start though? and where can I go to see it? I don't think CrunchyRoll has it since I searched "D" and "Dragon" and it wasn't listed.

• Brohoof 1

If I have to talk about negative and positive points:

The series are not starting very good, some drawings are not that good (AKA episode 5) , and the rythm is a little bit slow. Also, Pilaf is annoying as hell. some characters like Gohan are massacred (I don't remember him being drawn in a nice way once). The sound effects when they hit are not right, and some OST are really.... meh

However, there are positive points as well: some drawings are really good, the story is more developed in the series, and Beerus is a lot more sinister than in the movies.

I think it's suffering from the syndrome of comparison with the movie, they should have started the series just after BOG :/ Also, when we see FNF and its drawings, it's sad. And the time they're passing it (9 AM) is for children, so don't except as much violence like the Frieza saga or something.

I haven't seen it but I do want to watch it. I think I seen the BoG movie but not the new Frieza one. Is Super really that bad for a start though? and where can I go to see it? I don't think CrunchyRoll has it since I searched "D" and "Dragon" and it wasn't listed.

Wait for the blu ray version, the problems of drawing will probably be corrected