Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP3 - Cake Dragon

DivineMist1000

(edited)

The newest episode of TYT is here and ready to be enjoyed!

OMIGOSH!! This has gotta be one of the best episodes I’ve seen in a while! It had some good humor and it was really heartwarming at the end too with Hitch and Sparky! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Hitch really is the best dad! :coolandhip:

Edited by DivineMist1000
  • Brohoof 3

The rhyming may be a little annoying now, but the pacing ad humor were solid. Plus, Sparky calling Hitch "Papa" is really sweet.

Not bad. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a feeling that Comet hasn't appeared so far because these episodes could be scrapped ideas from the first season, and Comet only appeared in one of the last 3 eps.  or maybe not, it was very strange that in the first episode of this season he didn't appear but Allura did.  Overall I liked the episode but I want to see more of Allura, the Auroricorns and the Dragons, I believe for multiple reasons that they don't intend to make Spike appear again, but I don't think there's anything to stop the other Dragons from returning.

Edited by Rafa Stary
Correct text
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Oh my hoofness, this episode totally ruled! I only needed something on par with Icy Prints after its mildly disappointing follow-up and I honestly thought this one was even better than Icy Prints. Even though, of course, Sparky has to be the one causing the problem, I love how the problem involves the main characters actually battling a threat and that Hitch gets to be the one saving the day! I agree that the element poetry is already getting old, but at least it was just one pony doing it this time. With genuinely good gags thrown in the mix too, like my favorite Poseyabuse gag since the one at the end of Moon Festival, I think this is the best Hitch episode since Foal Me Once and one of the best episodes of the show! :coolandhip:

Just one problem though...still no Comet. :(

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

To be honest I liked the last two episodes more but this one wasn’t bad! Especially with the heart melting dragon dad moment at the end ❤️

Also, I’ll echo the sentiment about the elements thing getting old. I’m hoping it’s going somewhere and we won’t have to have that in every episode this season lol.

• Hugs 1

Well, nice to know Hitch doesn't flinch from resorting to lethal violence if his kid's in danger

Doubt we'll see him use that against something living though

A little odd that earth pony magic can turn cake into a plushie though - transfiguration's usually a unicorn/alicorn thing

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I couldn't focus on the episode because all of the voice actors in my language (Polish) has changed. It hurts so much :(

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Mistify said:

Honestly I couldn't focus on the episode because all of the voice actors in my language (Polish) has changed. It hurts so much :(

It happened for you too? Same here in LATAM, I guess it was indeed for all international dubs...

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

It happened for you too? Same here in LATAM, I guess it was indeed for all international dubs...

I'm just wondering why..

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't have considered it weird if it was just one or a few dubs, or if only the voices of some characters had changed and not all of them, as this is common to happen

Maybe Hasbro's paradigms changed for the International release or something, in my case in the first season and in MyM the entire voice cast from the 2021 film had returned and the quality of the dub in general sounded better, it declined in this season (to my perception), to me it smells like it has something to do with cost cutting, but for now no certainty.

• Brohoof 2

It was the usual fast-moving nonsense. Entertaining enough. It would have been funnier if Posie had been complaining about the lack of icing on her cupcake prior to all the icing falling on her, not the other way round.

That hole that the dragon made in the brighthouse...how did it get sealed up again? It appeared to be done with magic but whose magic? :confused:

I really do wonder how the ponies in Maritime bay live with all the random town destroying events that happen seemingly every day. :PIPPIPHURRAY: This episode doesn't rank highly for me, considering Sparky is my least favorite character in the show. I do enjoy Pipp's wing costume and the ending, though. The magic in this show doesn't really seem to have much cohesive logic to it, but, I suppose that's the point. It's a bit better than other Sparky episodes I have seen, the ones with the fart jokes.