Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP09 - Cracked It

DivineMist1000

Looks like they heard my critiscim about the animals in the previous episode so they introduced a new one and brought back that dad Bunny hehe :oh_golly:

Had some fun moments but I think this one in overall was very whatever, I think they could've used Twitch here to make the plot more interesting, but it ended up being just a random episode solely made to be a lazy celebration of a commemorative day, I'm not talking about they tying up these stories with a bigger story arc, but about making a interesting filler episode, I still have the feeling that some of these Season 2 episodes are discarded ideas from Season 1 that weren't updated for this season, or that the writers simply don't interact with each other so everyone can make whatever story they want without worrying about new progress in the overall story that other episodes have made, that's why it seems like some of these episodes could very well take place before Opaline is defeated, or why Comet, the Auroricorns and the Dragons are now in limbo, that maybe can hint at the creative team having no planning this early into a Season, but since they made a episode with the Breezies, Opaline's destroyed castle, Misty's room, maybe they are also just making the story progress and specially the worldbuilding feel as slugish as possible, which is a shame because even though FiM had a lot of filler episodes, they at least kept a continuity, the Crystal Empire is introduced in FiM Season 3 and the characters return there in less than 10 episodes, Season 8 introduces the School of Friendship and the Young six and that season has episodes about them and the "filler" episodes concurrently, plus, there was always new characters.

Come on TyT team, let's move on from Baretime Bay, this place has already given what it had to offer, you don't have a 3D show holding you anymore, why is Zephyr Heights so underused? (I think Bridlewood was also used much better in MyM), also, where is everyone? Did literally every non-Mane Six character become background characters? I miss the episodes focused on other horses, the Dahlia, Hoofdini, Alphabittle ones, they were were so cool to watch, Queen Haven literally disappeared, where are them? I know they did one ep about Jazz recently and it was a fun episode but the fact that she's a recurring secondary character lows it a bit :jazz-hooves-please:

If you don't want to move on from Maretime Bay then make at least episodes about these other characters, just as I said for the previous episode when talking about showing more animals, story-wise it might not be relevant but it at least gives more life for such a uninteresting world like this.

imagine a episode about that ice cream theme nameless female unicorn, I'd love it.

• Brohoof 3

Watching this the first time I was so afraid they weren’t going to give an explanation for why the egg was there. It being from Eggmund was perfect. Although I question how he got it there since it seems so heavy… then again with that many kids I’m sure he found a way. Maybe they all just carried it there like ants.

Misty channeling her inner Twilight this episode. Pretty sure that’s same book from the room episode? Is so, glad they haven’t forgot about that.

Very much a lower stakes episode again which is fine. Was cute, I liked it. And we should be getting the March special sometime soon which will probably be plot and lore heavy.

• Brohoof 2

Sunny's terrible puns are what made this episode, for sure. Speaking seriously, I like the break we got from Poseyabuse, how the element speech was very short and sweet, and how the Easter hawk being based off a phoenix is a cool tie-in to the background of the holiday. The plot may just be them solving an egg puzzle, but tying Eggmund Bunny in with it, that's what helps the simplicity of it work. 

Episodes Since Comet's Last Appearance: 9

Speaking of phoenixes, may Comet rise again like one. 

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Watching this the first time I was so afraid they weren’t going to give an explanation for why the egg was there. It being from Eggmund was perfect. Although I question how he got it there since it seems so heavy… then again with that many kids I’m sure he found a way. Maybe they all just carried it there like ants.

Misty channeling her inner Twilight this episode. Pretty sure that’s same book from the room episode? Is so, glad they haven’t forgot about that.

Very much a lower stakes episode again which is fine. Was cute, I liked it. And we should be getting the March special sometime soon which will probably be plot and lore heavy.

I still wonder if that book will lead to a multiverse 

• Brohoof 1

This was a nice little Easter episode!  I don't know what I was expecting since I seemingly forgot about Easter and Twitch when I watched this episode. I laughed when it all turned out to be chocolate. As always I enjoyed seeing Posey smile at the start and Sunny's eggcellent puns! I like that Misty was using her book from the previous episode. The best is yet to come soon, but I am enjoying these little tidbits here and there.

• Brohoof 3

Wow people really liked this one, maybe I'm asking too much, and I forgot about Misty's book, that was indeed a interesting touch, but her room was just introduced like 3 episodes ago, It seems like they are choosing what they want to develop and what they want to temporarily leave in the fridge (cough cough, Auroricorns)

Also, I don't know if this is the first time this happens, but a song called "New Day" is credited, but there is no song in the episode at all, at I first I thought it could actually be a reprise of "Every New Day" from Season 1 Ep 41, but it would need to be a Instrumental version of it but I couldn't recognize it, and maybe it wouldn't make sense as a instrumental rearrangement of "Opaline" is used in Season 1 Ep 54 but it's not credited, so yeah unless they removed the song or it went unused and they forgot to uncredit it, I don't know what happened here :pip-err:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this episode and it’s probably the best Easter themed episode we’ve gotten from TYT. It was pretty funny too with Sunny and her puns, Izzy and Pipp arguing over about decorating the egg and everyone thinking it was some terrible fire demon.

I loved it towards the end too where the Six were all working together to open up the egg and the creature that came out looked so cool too.

I got to give it to this one and give it four hooftaps!

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed the sense of continuity with the previous easter episodes. It wasn't particularly memorable to me, but, I enjoy the idea of a bird delivering chocolate eggs everywhere and that had me hungry.  

• Brohoof 1