Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP06 - Swirlpool Starlight

DivineMist1000

I loved this one so much! I don't know the other pony in the episode, but the Breezies were cute. I just wish we could see Kirins, Changelings and others more often - but Misty here was really good. Misty episodes are always good. I wonder how the 3 ponies here were the only ones to be there at this instant, knowing that every 10 years the SwirlPool Starlight happens.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

2 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

I loved this one so much! I don't know the other pony in the episode, but the Breezies were cute. I just wish we could see Kirins, Changelings and others more often - but Misty here was really good. Misty episodes are always good. I wonder how the 3 ponies here were the only ones to be there at this instant, knowing that every 10 years the SwirlPool Starlight happens.

Give it another year and we may see divine dragon horses :kirin:

• Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Give it another year and we may see divine dragon horses :kirin:

Would much rather we not see anything else with the dragons. They are just awful in my opinion.

The place the three are sent to reminds me of the place Celestia teleports Twilight to transform her into a Alicorn in FIM's Season 3 finale. Maybe it's on purpose, but it could be just a visual cliche too.

I think the score is getting better with each episode...

4 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

I don't know the other pony in the episode.

She's Violette Rainbow, she used to be a comic only character.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

Would much rather we not see anything else with the dragons. They are just awful in my opinion.

That’s my nickname I have for kirins :proud:

Cool to be getting such great Misty episodes back-to-back! The inclusion of Violette Rainbow from the comics as a speaking character was interesting, but what really fascinated me was the voice from the last episode turning out to be the voice of the universe. So it seems MLP now has its own version of God, who would've thought. I'm not just joking or reading in too deep, Misty worrying about being judged for her sins of the past...kind of clear what they were going for and what they were going for was executed very well.

Only real flaw...I'm sure you've guessed it if you've read my comments on all the other episodes of TYT Season 2. No Comet. In an episode with the word, "starlight", in its title, no less. :maud: From this point on, I'm maintaining a counter. :winking-izzy:

Episodes Since Comet's Last Appearance: 6

• smile 1
  • Hugs 3

Violette becoming show canon with a speaking role is great. G5 has seriously great representation.

Misty still staying as the de facto protagonist. This didn’t seem like as much of a setup for a future arc as the last episode. More of her continuing to work past her time with Opaline which is still great. Have to say the quality of TYT so far has been fantastic, don’t know if that’s because they only have one show to focus on now or what but I hope they keep it up.

• smile 1
  • Hugs 2

3 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

Cool to be getting such great Misty episodes back-to-back! The inclusion of Violette Rainbow from the comics as a speaking character was interesting, but what really fascinated me was the voice from the last episode turning out to be the voice of the universe. So it seems MLP now has its own version of God, who would've thought. I'm not just joking or reading in too deep, Misty worrying about being judged for her sins of the past...kind of clear what they were going for and what they were going for was executed very well.

Whatever that god is…… SHE BETTER BE A TYPE OF PONY :Cozy:

6 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

but what really fascinated me was the voice from the last episode turning out to be the voice of the universe.

The voice is what? Did I miss omething? In the credits the voice is only referred to as "Mysterious Voice"

6 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

The voice is what? Did I miss omething? In the credits the voice is only referred to as "Mysterious Voice"

Same voice who spoke to Misty as she was leaving the secret room in the previous episode

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Same voice who spoke to Misty as she was leaving the secret room in the previous episode

I know, I meant where is it said that the voice is the "Voice of the Universe" or the voice of God or something, because I can't recall of that being said anywhere and in both episodes it's just credited as "mysterious voice".

15 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I know, I meant where is it said that the voice is the "Voice of the Universe" or the voice of God or something, because I can't recall of that being said anywhere and in both episodes it's just credited as "mysterious voice".

Izzy called her the universe in yesterday’s episode, as that’s the most she has to go by. Same with Misty calling her “Mysterious Voice in then previous episode. But the identity of said voice is unknown as of today

• Brohoof 1

Forgot about that, thanks, I personally think that doesn't imply anything yet and it's just Misty's interpretation of what she was seeing and hearing. So for now it could be the universe, kami poni or anything else unless they decide to reveal it.

You know? I was expecting a St Valentine’s episode between the subtle but obvious ship between Hitch and Zipp, but I’m happy for this episode with some spiritual and divine elements :kirin: (THAT GODDES BETTER BE PONY :Cozy:)

• 4 weeks later...

Another Misty episode, I am loving it! Violette Rainbow showing up with a speaking role was pretty awesome. This gives me hope to see more characters show up in the future. I wonder who that mysterious voice will end up being? Everytime I see "Starlight" mentioned I immediately click hoping to see Starlight Glimmer or Comet now :ButtercupLaugh: