Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP08 - Bunnisi Beauties

DivineMist1000

This was a pretty cute episode involving Pipp and Hitch working together to help a herd of bunnies, but the most interesting thing that happened in the episode was the fact that Allura finally came back!

I hope we see more of this character in upcoming episodes too!

• Brohoof 4

I like to see Hitch acting as a Flutternonshy, but these small bunnies, crabs, birds and racoons with wings and horns are starting to not be cute for me anymore (for quite a time actually), what happened to the Bears? Eagles? Tortoises? (I really like how in later FiM episodes they show a giraffe and her face is draw like the horses, that could be interesting to see in G5), I understand why they don't show other races like the Kirins, Changelings etc, but animals are animals, they aren't important for the story but they at least give some life to such a uninteresting world like this, it's so confusing for me because they don't have a 3D show holding them anymore :pip-err:

But finally new story with Allura, I didn't expect to see her here, I really like the concept of her being a sneaky villain, and her BGM theme is really cool, I didn't expect what happened with Twitch either, so did he really switch sides? I think I know where they're going with this, but I'm still not sure because it was so fast for me, this 5 minute format still hinders some stories from being told as they should, I think the first 2 minutes could've been shorter.

it's cool to hear some songs from the very early episodes returning and Ben Pinkerton making new instrumental variations of it (still don't beat Opaline's song return in Ep 54 for me though), coincidentally this is the eight episode of this Season and the song also debuted in the eight episode of the first Season, plus it's was pretty funny to hear the song with English vocals here even though there is a version of it made for my local dub (I guess it's because the translated version featured the vocals by my Pipp's previous voice actress lol?), I'm also starting to get used to my new voices but I still prefer the ones from Season 1/ANG/MyM.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 2

I like this one, yet I also feel somewhat conflicted on it. Getting another Hitch episode already and finally having Allura and Twitch back is stellar, but you think Hitch would recognize Twitch even as Allura says he can "blend in". Us seeing a good side to Twitch too was also an interesting surprise, but I really hope him having to get the Nova Charm is not going to become a recurring thing, replacing what we had with Misty trying to catch Sparky. I want us to move on from that. Hitch, as always though, is awesome in this one and I like how we finally got an episode starring him and Pipp together again. I'd also really like for us to get an episode directly following the events of this one. 

Episodes Since Comet's Last Appearance: 8

If Allura and Twitch are finally back though, there is hope... :izzy-shine:

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

The idea of cute animals causing havoc is a bit of a tired trope but I enjoy that Allura and Twitch are back, I hope that we can see more of them in the future. Pipp was awesome in this one! 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, The Nth Doctor said:

...Why were Pipp's cosmetics floating? Why was everything floating? Why does the show just keep having things happen with zero explanation?

There was a magic portal beside the floating objects keeping things in place and Pipp could've used her element magic on the case where she was keeping the Nova Charm. Magic in Equestria was also shown to have evolved in Icy Prints after Sunny and her friends enhanced the power of the Unity Crystals, the new magical things are not just happening for no reason. 

Edited by Misty Shadow
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Leaves 1

Spoiler

Look at how tiny Pipp is

IMG_2050.thumb.jpeg.ac49ba47397870408ebcf1179216e6ba.jpeg

This felt like a bit of a downgrade from the episodes we’ve been getting. No serious lore or buildup, fairly simple plot. It was cute though.

Feels like episodes where they focus on the bunnies or other animals tend to be weaker ones. Although… makes sense here with it being Easter soon and all. Would like more animal variety still. I’m glad Hitch is getting more showtime at least. Pipp was cute too and more Jazz is always welcome.

Really like Allura’s 2D design, she does kind of look like a furry OC but… I think it works. Hope we continue to see more of her, maybe get some backstory. And Twitch with that wig is fabulous, he was working it. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Leaves 1

I actually saw beef meatballs on a sign 

One of the funniest inconsistencies in MLP is how they will show veggie meat replacements but then they straight up show meat products 

This was a nice episode in the midst of all the setup the past few episodes that we got this season. Allura is back at it again and Twitch is... going to switch sides or something? I don't know. I liked that the episodes have been bringing back some of the songs that we have heard previously. This could episode could lead to something for Hitch maybe.