open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@

As soon as Copper heard the shotgun, he knew he made a mistake.  But he had another trick.  He was able to push himself to go faster while he was spinning.  He did that, and he barely dodged the attack, and by barely, I mean a couple pieces of sand hit him.  He stopped spinning, wincing at the pain given to him.  But he knew he shouldn't give up.  He gave Raze the coldest, meanest look he had ever given, and a crackle of lightning was present, literally.  The lightning was right in front of him, and it an audible crack every two seconds that had passed by.

Raze stopped for a second, observing what was happening in front of him.

Lightning, eh? he thought.And that look... is this what he meant? Hmm...

He didn't let it faze him. Remain calm: that was the way to win. He kept his distance, circling around Copper and having his right hoof beside his gun, ready to draw it if he needed to.

@

Copper followed Raze's hoofsteps, circling his opponent, waiting to strike.  He wondered if he could do the spin dash again, but it was out of the picture.  Whatever Raze did might happen again, and next time, he may not be so lucky.  He was really hesitant to pounce because of the fact that his enemy had a gun and sword, and he didn't, so he kept circling, showing his hesitation to Raze.

Raze sensed the hesitation from behind Copper's glare, and made a note of it. He kept circling him, calmly analyzing the situation. He then drew his revolver and shot at the ground just in front of Copper's left hoof, then quickly fanned his gun again, unloading the entire chamber once more.

@

'Darn it!' Copper thought to himself as a shot from the revolver went in front of him.  He was going to have to end this, one way or the other, so he charged a full-powered Spin Dash and launched himself at Raze before sending a kick to the face, the force from the Spin Dash liable to send anypony flying.

Raze was able to put his shooting hoof up at the last minute, blocking the kick, but the force managed to knock him off his feet. He landed on the ground, his revolver sliding right next to him. He tried to pick it up, but felt an intense pain in his shooting hoof. He smirked.

"Heh..." he said, managing to pick himself up from the ground. "Damn, that hurt..." He slowly picked up the gun with his other hoof and holstered it. He felt his arm throbbing in pain. He wouldn't be able to aim properly with his arm in that state.

Oh well, he thought. Guess it's time for Plan B...

With his left hoof, he quickly drew the katana from his back, twirling it around with the skill of a master. He flicked the blade, then propped it on his shoulder, letting his injured shooting hoof hang loose. He looked at Copper with calm, yet piercing eyes.

"You're gonna have to do better than that," he said to him, then swiftly dashed passed him, slicing him cleanly near his stomach.

@

But Copper managed do dodge the cut just barely like before, with just one scrape on his stomach.  He winced in pain again, and he was getting more angry than before, yet he smiled at his enemy.

"Ha!  I'm just getting warmed up!" he said.  Spin Dashing was out of the question now, with the fear of the katana slicing through him.  He stepped back, thinking of any strategy to deal with a katana.

"Heh," Raze laughed at Copper's remark. "You've got guts, I'll give you that." He turned toward him, delivering a sharp knee to the chest, followed by two quick horizontal slashes. He let his opponent fall to the floor, flicking the blood away from his sword, then sheathed it, watching for any sudden movements.

@

Copper took the blows, and fell to the ground, groaning in pain.  He didn't know if he could keep this up any longer, especially now that he was injured.  He glared at his enemy, tearing up, lightning surrounding him.  He tried to get up, but the cuts made him fall to the ground, the lightning disappearing.

He then chuckled, this pain wasn't going to get him, he was much stronger than that.  He got up and smiled menacingly at his opponent.  He launched a full-powered spin dash so quickly that his opponent wouldn't have time to react, as the attack went straight to Raze's chest.

Raze took the blow head-on, catching him and holding his ground. It hurt. A lot. But even so, he wouldn't let it get to him. He was breathing heavily, and he mustered all of his strength into one more attack.

Forcing himself to lift up his shooting arm, he drew his revolver and shot Copper point blank three times while he was spinning.

(edited)

@Unicorncob

Terra managed to break out of her panic, to glance back at Starlight. Her eyes held a questioning gaze; she had no idea what she was doing here, after all. The portal continued to lift her up, until she was drawn into it. Once inside, flashes of different time periods swirled around her like small stars. Each carried its own different setting, images from the different eras floating by her, paler than ghosts. But too fast; she needed help. "I can't pin it down," she called out to Starlight. "Do you have any way to slow this thing down?"

-------

@The Down Trotten

Trixie was pulled up into the heart of the portal, though she fought despite her best intentions. Different events from the past spilled out in front of her, some of which she knew. But many more of which she didn't, strange places and scenes that she wasn't even sure if she could've fantasized about, let alone thought were real. But she began to focus on one in particular. A tiny, floating scene of a grand school, plunged into the heart of Canterlot. A place she'd give almost anything to go back to...

-------

@DarkusX

Sleight Mist coughed in the wake of the haze. On top of the fatigue, it had suddenly become far much more than she could handle; she didn't even have the energy to freeze it. She dropped to one knee as her oxygen supply slowly dwindled, then tapped out, moments before she risked losing consciousness. A single flare burst from her horn, and up into the sky.

"Attention, ponies!" The intercom blared out over the arena, and most of Bangcolt. "The winner of this match is..." It held, for suspense. "Falza!!!!!" The crowd roared in response.

-------

@J.R.

"Honestly, I hope to have an entire line of clothing stores by that point," she replied. She began to talk in between bites of her salad, as she ate with all of the delicate grace that could be mustered. Hard, when she was so famished, she just wanted to attack the bowl. "And hopefully, i'll have set a standard for the industry as well. Maybe it's too much to hope for in such a short time span, but i've always been big on dreams." Halfway through her salad, she looked up, to flash him a wry smile. "It's worked so far."

-------

-snip-

"Oh dear, it's an infestation..." Talon rolled his eyes.

"Talon, don't be rude." Moondancer had summoned up as much courage as she could, in order to say that. She looked at Kevin, the small, strangely adorable changeling in front of her.  "As long as you're not here to cause trouble, I don't think the princess will mind another attendee." She looked up, to Chrysalis this time. "But no more surprises, please. I don't want anyone getting hurt, and some the other ponies and beings living aren't really too fond of... guests." She posed the word awkwardly, as she desperately attempted to avoid the obvious connotation. She didn't want to dwell on it, so she instead began to walk forward again, headed for a room at the far back of the hall.

Edited by Fractured

@

Copper once again dodged, but this time a bullet pierced his leg.  He yelped in pain, grabbing his leg in the process.  He managed one last barrage of attacks, lightning fast punches straight to the nose of his enemy before finishing with a kick to the stomach.  Any more attacks and he couldn't take any more.  He pushed himself, yes, but he knew when it would be too much for him to handle.

(edited)

Raze was winded after the kick, and he felt his consciousness starting to fade, his legs growing weak, but he also saw his opponent on the verge of collapsing as well.

Screw it... he thought. If I'm going down, I'm going down swinging...

He grit his teeth, and quickly pulled another sand grenade from his belt. He threw it at Copper's face, but before it could hit him, he shot it, having it explode right in front of him. While he was dazed from the explosion, he painfully loaded his gun, and slowly turned to look at him, to see if he somehow still managed to stay standing.

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask

@

Copper could no longer fight for the life of him.

As soon as the sand hit him, the pain already in his body was ten times worse.  He collapsed on the ground, unable to move.  Still breathing, but he couldn't move.  He weakly looked up at Raze and said slowly, "All... right..., I... give... up.  You... win."

(edited)

Raze exhaled, then collapsed as well, panting heavily.

"You say that... but it doesn't really feel like I did," he said. "Hoo, boy... I feel like crap."

A few minutes later, he managed to pull himself up. He walked over to Copper, and heaved him across his shoulder.

"C'mon," Raze said to him, heading towards the exit. "We gotta get our injuries treated..."

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask

@@Fractured, ​

​"So have I," ​Ice said after downing another part of his burger. It was the opposite for him; he was practically starving, and couldn't help but savor and enjoy it. He found himself having to slow down several times to at least have some ​manners at the table. "It's so much fun to imagine what'll happen towards the future.​ Hm...." ​he found himself thinking. What would he look like 20 years from now? How would he sound and act? ​"It's so interesting, too. Because it's cool to wonder what you'll be like when you get older. Personally I'd like to think I'd age pretty well. I might be taller, sound different...but otherwise just fine."

​He shot Rarity a look of curiosity as he looked over her entire face for a moment. He then stopped and chuckled, ​"Heh. You look like you'll be as good-looking as you are now." ​His gaze then drifted towards the arena itself. Where would this city be in 20 years? Would it be a passing fad? Or would it live on. ​"...Dunno if I can say the same for ol' Bangcolt, though...."

(edited)

@@Fractured,

Falza heard and listened to the intercom shout out that he won.
Seeing through his haze's transparent view point,... Sleight disappointly showed no futher
sign of resistance,... knowing she could've fainted from the combination of fatigue and lack of oxygen.
Falza uncasted his spell, but all this time he was disguised as a large rock within the batches of rubble from exactly where he once landed inside the giant pit before.
A bazzare trick that used dust itself as cover with help from haze's coloration technique, which is why the dust cloud was seen to seemingly engulf around him then it would had.
So the Falza she had fought was no more than haze.

It truely have been really tough for him trying to keep up with haze and Sleight at the same time,...
especially vibrating haze to create specific sounds for fake Falza's moves to continue to deceive her (a pretty hard technique for him to use).
His intentions of using that plan are simply to rest and recover some magic while drawing her closer to strike, aslong she would be deceived, drawn of her energy and tested for any traps planned against himself.

Falza walked a few meters closer towards the mare "Impressive abilities... "​, he then soon left the arena after a while.

Edited by DarkusX

(edited)

Diamond Rustscythe Read the scroll in his right hoof once more before looking at the city in front of him. It wasn't a big city, not as big as Canterlot anyways, but he was sure that he was in the right place. He turned around after rolling up the missive and eyed the four guards behind him with authority. "Okay guards, keep your focus. From what l have read l take it that the ponies living here aren't unaccustomed to battle, so expect an attack at any moment. You know the drill, in formation and weapons at hoof's reach. All five guards wore the same gold-plated armor and it was obvious to see in a blink of an eye what their office was.

Diamond Rustcythe's armor was no different, except for the two insignias of prime-metal that were melted-fastened against the left-chest area, one was a in the form of a shield with a sun and a moon on it, indicating the rank of personal advisor and battlestrategist of both princessses and the other was a round insignia with a blade and a hammer crossing eachother, surrounded by six stars along the trimmed edge of said insignia. This badge showed that the pony who was wearing it, was a mastercrafter of the highest degree, befitting the title to even be allowed to create and repair royal arms and militairy equipment. Each guard, with the exception of Diamond Rustscythe, sported a longhafted halbert. Rustscythe had made his own signature weapon, since he was a mastercrafter. The staff was slid away in a set of nubbed rings that could open by simply tugging the weapon out of it. one end of the staff a simple, but deadly spike that was ended from the staff pointed backwards and at the head of the staff, flat against Rustscythes's body was a metal ball with two metal wings attached to it, one below and one above, both of which had a leather protection-strap over the broad side, because of sharpened edges being present there. As a last piece of Diamond's armor he had himself a belt, fastened around his waste with a leather flap hanging over it, conceiling whatever was on it.

The formation of guards walked into town a minute later, perfect formation pushing through the street. Rustscythe had taken his hafted weapon and now used it as a walk-supportive weapon like the other guards. They passed several buildings, going straight for the arena to check out there. Ponies who would have looked out of the window could have been able to see them walk. the party continued into the arena, simply waiting if they would meet anypony there...

Edited by Silver Snow

@

Copper groaned with each step that Raze took.  He couldn't even walk.  He said, weakly and slowly, "C-can't... move... too... much... pain... through... out... my... body...." It was true.  The battle had him so beat up that he couldn't even lift his head up without grunting in pain.  He had made a mistake in fighting this pony.

Raze looked at him. "Don't worry, bud. Just take it easy. I'll get us there safe and sound..."

The doors opened, and he found himself back in the lobby. The receptionist stood up in surprise at what she saw.

"Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed. "Are you two alright?!"

Raze looked at her, then nodded painfully. "I'm hanging in there," he said. "Him? Not so much..." He mentioned Copper, who looked like he was struggling to move.

The receptionist, pressed a button on an intercom. "I need a medical team in the lobby, stat!" she said. A couple minutes later, four ponies came to the lobby with stretchers. Two of them took Copper and laid him on one, while the other two helped Raze onto the other. He grunted in pain as he laid down, but he felt relieved to be laying there knowing he and Copper would be treated.

He looked at him. "See what I mean now..?" he said to him. "Pick your matches wisely, bud."

@

Copper couldn't help but chuckle, but he was so banged up he couldn't laugh for a mere second.  He slowly looked at Raze and said, "Heh.  You didn't... witness... my super... form yet.  And you had... a gun... and a katana, so that... put you in... an unfair... advantage... over me."  Every word he spoke was slower because of the pain, and he knew he had to shut up soon.

@,

Raze looked up at the ceiling. "Hmm..." he said, contemplating on what Copper told him. "Super form, huh...?" He felt himself getting picked up and taken to an infirmary ward somewhere in the arena, putting both him and Copper in the same room. The team that accompanied them were about to hook Raze up to an IV, but he waved it away.

"I'm just bruised a little, no need for that," he said. "However, I think he might need it." He pointed at Copper.  They nodded, and two went to treat him, while the other two began to treat Raze.

@

As he was taken to the IV, Copper contemplated on who to face to show off his super form.  Obviously it'd have to be somepony who could match him hoof to hoof.  The princesses of the sun and moon come to mind, but he didn't know if the love princess could make an appearance.  He'd have to figure it out later as now, he was being treated.

A few minutes later, the medic ponies had Raze all fixed up. They told him his shooting hoof wasn't too bad, just that the injury would leave a bad bruise. Aside from that, he suffered minor head injuries from the blows to his face, including a cut on his forehead, which bled a little, and also some bruises around his stomach. They bandaged the cut and iced the bruises, but aside from that, he was ok. A bit disoriented and tired, but ok.

He was worried about Copper. He did land a couple shots on him, after all, plus two sand grenades to the body and face, along with a couple cuts from his katana. He felt pretty bad just thinking about it.

I went overboard... way overboard, he thought. He decided when they got out the first thing he'd do was apologize...

He looked up. He was in a small room, where it seemed they put ponies for them to recover. There was a TV screen hanging above him from a wall. It showed the previous fight from before, with the yellow unicorn mare and the grey stallion with the swords. His attention was immediately piqued, and he began to watch with intense interest. Maybe he'd learn a thing or two.

@

It took minutes, but Copper was fully healed, surprisingly.  It turned out that the unicorns that were treating him are masters of healing, letting them heal the kind of battle wounds Copper had against Raze.  Copper cricked his neck and said, "Thanks, guys.  It was a lot faster than I thought."

The unicorns looked at each other, before one of them spoke.  "We would advise you to take it easy for a while, but there are ponies who'll challenge you the moment they see the scars on you, and nopony listens to us, anyways, so..."

Copper shrugged.  "I don't mind.  It'll just let me have some more experience with fighting."

He got up from his 'bed' and started stretching out to avoid any cramps.  Then he got back out of the IV, where he saw Raze watch a battle taking place.  He shrugged and sat beside him, watching the battle as well.  "You should have been in the IV, the unicorns there are masters of healing, and they could heal your wounds in a matter of seconds."