Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Supergirl on CBS (No Spoilers, Please)

Shawn Parks

Supergirl is coming out soon, and I am really looking forward to it.  I don't think that I have ever seen a live action comic book superhero TV show focused on a female character.  Wonder Woman went off the air the year I was born.

Thoughts on this show?

Supergirl_1920x1080_586896_640x360.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Supergirl is coming out soon, and I am really looking forward to it.  I don't think that I have ever seen a live action comic book superhero TV show focused on a female character.  Wonder Woman went off the air the year I was born.

Thoughts on this show?

sig-4146178.Supergirl_1920x1080_586896_6

Let's hope its not one of those disappointing TV Shows so that DC could get some money on the side.

• Brohoof 2

Well, action is not my thing, I've never even watched those super hero movies(or series); still, this is one is already getting some respect out of me just by not exactly sexualizing the SuperGirl and, of course, by having her as the main character. I am actually going to give it a try as soon as I can. I am going to look forward to it, but not much; I'll keep my expectations low.

• Brohoof 3

The Wonder Women pilot was really good sad that fanbrats whined that her costume wasn't sexualized and it had to be canceled because of that.  I may not be a fan of Super girl but all of DC's new shows look  pretty amazing. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, action is not my thing, I've never even watched those super hero movies(or series); still, this is one is already getting some respect out of me just by not exactly sexualizing the SuperGirl and, of course, by having her as the main character. I am actually going to give it a try as soon as I can. I am going to look forward to it, but not much; I'll keep my expectations low.

I saw a preview while fast forwarding commercials (DVR baby! XD) and was pleasantly surprised to see MODEST CLOTHES. The first episode's on DVR rn but I haven't found time to watch it yet. :P Definitely will soon tho!

• Brohoof 2

One problem I encountered was the fact that I had already seen so many "first look" videos, trailers, commercials, behind-the-scenes footage, and interviews.  By the time I watched the pilot episode, not much of it was new and exciting.  I look forward to future episodes with less buildup.

I watched the second episode today.  And I was right - it was more enjoyable not knowing everything that was going to happen ahead of time.  I love the whole "stronger together" moral of the episode. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the third episode?

I read an article complaining about things that I liked about it.

Ratings have been going down since the pilot.  I am worried that the show will not last long.  Personally, I love it so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm watching this from Free On Demand being offered by CW. Seen the first 2 episodes since they're redoing the entire season first before the second one starts airing in October. I'll continue to watch them as they go up.

I have to say it's quite good, though I can honestly say I'm disappointed they went with the classic/New 52 look. I grew up with the "Timm" look in the 90s and was a bit disappointed she turned down a revealing look, but that's not really what the show is about. It's rather dumb WW was so disliked for not going with a revealing look. It's just a costume, though the fact that she doesn't wear a wig while in disguise also kinda bothers me. SG's natural color is supposed to be blond.

I still prefer this though. Either one of these is fine but I grew up with the one on the left:

timm%2Btotal.jpg

Edited by bronislav84

• 2 months later...

I only saw the premiere of season 1 and didn't care for it. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be politically correct and that just diluted the whole thing. It's plot wasn't very original or sharply presented either. Kind of cliche overall. I haven't watched any of the show since then, so I can't offer an opinion on that, in all fairness. The outfit is nice though, I'm glad they kept the skirt. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit