Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Crusaders Of The Lost Mark - What next for the CMC?

DaringDoNot

Ok, if you haven't seen the new episode, I suggest not reading this thread. There will be spoilers ahead. In last weeks episode, the CMC finally got their cutie marks. This was a major plot twist and pivotal point in the series, on the same plane as Twilight Sparkle becoming an Alicorn princess. The place and role of three of the show's major characters was drastically changed, much like Twily. Now, i made this board to see what might be next for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Will we see them grow up into adult mares? I have this headcanon that this is what's next for the CMC.

@DaringDoNot, I added a spoiler prefix and gave the topic title some direction for ya. Not sure if they will full age them into mares, but  I wouldn't rule out that they start heading in that direction at least on some level. 

• Brohoof 1

@DaringDoNot, I added a spoiler prefix and gave the topic title some direction for ya. Not sure if they will full age them into mares, but  I wouldn't rule out that they start heading in that direction at least on some level.

That makes perfect sense. The show has been on for 5 years now and the CMC can't stay fillies forever. I think that over the rest of season 5 and in season 6, the CMC will really start growing up and changing, them getting their cutie marks being the first step. Maybe they'll eventually be aged into mares sometime in the show's run, but I dont think it'll be right away or maybe not at all. Hey, Family Guy has been on for 16 years and Stewie is still a baby. Same for Maggie and the Simpsons has been on a lot longer than both MLP and FG.

I'd look towards Scootaloo. It still hasn't been resolved whether she will ever fly or not, and also she remains the only one of the three with no known biological family. There's more mileage we can get out of her relationship with Rainbow Dash, but I really like where they can go with her inability to fly.

They don't exactly have to resolve it. The cutie mark she got, with a lightning bolt and a wing, are fittingly vague enough symbols of speed. We can get an episode focusing on any desire she might have to fly, and similar to how "Sleepless in Ponyville" dodged the biological family question while giving her a relationship with Rainbow Dash, this hypothetical episode can dodge making any changes to Scootaloo's situation. She may want to fly, but she discovers that she's just as fast without flying, entering some sort of competition with her scooter, thus applying a skill she had in a different way.

It would be a nice change, as all of the characters seem to have fulfilled their dreams or are well on their way to fulfilling them, to see Scootaloo instead applying her skills to something that was not necessarily her first choice, and coming to find it just as fulfilling. Instead of finding her calling like the others, Scootaloo's true calling comes to her when it seems like her first one slipped away.

Just as much, we can see just what Apple Bloom is capable of. She carries the Apple Family symbol, but in what way will she become able to help and support her family? As for Sweetie Belle, that episode sort of writes itself. She needs to fully realize her musical talents.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

That makes perfect sense. The show has been on for 5 years now and the CMC can't stay fillies forever. I think that over the rest of season 5 and in season 6, the CMC will really start growing up and changing, them getting their cutie marks being the first step. Maybe they'll eventually be aged into mares sometime in the show's run, but I dont think it'll be right away or maybe not at all. Hey, Family Guy has been on for 16 years and Stewie is still a baby. Same for Maggie and the Simpsons has been on a lot longer than both MLP and FG.

Come on DaringDoNot, what do you except, they're ageless cartoon characters for crying out loud! 

Learning more about themselves as the grow up and mature.

Maybe we will finally learn about Scootaloo's family.

Help others learn about themselves and help others their age earn their cutie marks.

• 3 weeks later...