Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Vote Song and democracy in Equestria

4april

Anyone else surprised by a song on democracy in My Little Pony (remember, Equestria is ruled by princesses)?

What does it say about the current condition of politics (in the world) and how it should change?

Local officials do appear to be elected. You can have a monarchy with elected officials. ;)

I also updated the topic title since some like to avoid political topics in Show Discussion. Truth in advertising and all.

• Brohoof 1

I also updated the topic title since some like to avoid political topics in Show Discussion. Truth in advertising and all.

:lol: Okey dokey lokey :lol:

Thanks for that

Actually Celestia and Luna were chosen as well, not born into royalty. In 'The Journal of Two Sisters' they describe how Star Swirl asked them to represent Equestria because they embodied traits of all the pony races. Furthermore, it's been shown that a pony can ascend into becoming a princess, further showing that their royalty is somewhat different from ours.

In the same book the princesses were chosen it's stated that the unicorns did in fact have a king at that time, whose daughter was initially against Celestia and Luna 'ruling' Equestria, but that had more to do with them being blank flanks than the fact they were elected and not born into royalty like she was. Incidentally, this princess was Princess Platinum, as seen in Hearth's Warming Eve.