movies/tv New Star Trek.

CastletonSnob

The fact Kurtzman is involved seems to imply the new series may take place in Abrams trek verse rather than the original one so that worries me a bit. Still, seeing a new ST series on T.V does fill me with hope that it will achieve some grandeur that past serial television series of Star Trek were able to.

Looking forward to it...

But I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be a reboot of Next Generation or something. I'd like to see a new ship with a new crew, and hopefully it will continue from where Voyager left off.

I've been wanting to get into classic Star Trek a while back, but never had the time to try to get into it (speaking of getting into Star Trek, is there any good Star Trek series anyone would recommend to newcomers?). Anyway, despite my ignorance towards Star Trek, I hope that the people making the new series can somehow manage to appease the older, long-time fans while also trying out some new things with the show, and manage to also appeal to the newer generation.

• Brohoof 1

I've been wanting to get into classic Star Trek a while back, but never had the time to try to get into it (speaking of getting into Star Trek, is there any good Star Trek series anyone would recommend to newcomers?). Anyway, despite my ignorance towards Star Trek, I hope that the people making the new series can somehow manage to appease the older, long-time fans while also trying out some new things with the show, and manage to also appeal to the newer generation.

The Next Generation is probably a good starting point. It's the most popular series and the only one that ever really went mainstream.