Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Fanfiction? Really? Alright.

Page.Turner

Well, here I am. I have given up on art for the time being and have decided to finally write the fan fiction I've had in my head for a while. I just kind of need some validation on it since I plan on putting it up online somewhere...

Do you think people would take time to read a fan fiction about MLP:FiM with original characters as the main characters?

With the exception of Fallout: Equestria (because that was based on a game), do you think people would be interested in a story taking place in Equestria that was an original idea?

Would people be less likely to read a story that takes a lot of time to read? It seems like people just want instant results now-a-days...

Would anyone be interested in applying for the position of being my Beta reader and editing my story before I publish it chapter by chapter? (Volunteers only, of course, I can't pay anyone :P)

Anyway, I'm not going to give away the entire plot, but this is basically the theme - I guess - of the story:

Equestria was founded thousands of years ago, long before the time of the fabled princesses Celestia and Luna. And though their reign, with the help of the fabled ones, kept Equestria at peace, their mortal lives were the only things keeping them back. Centuries later, the princesses soon followed their prophesied saviours to the Great Beyond.

The history of Equestria was lost since then. The world has turned, the days passed, then years, and ponykind rose and fell in various attempts to better themselves, their technology and the world around them. But as we all know, history has a way of repeating itself and all the mistakes of the past were forgotten and made once more. The land healed itself in the only way it knew how: species cleansing en masse. New virii began popping up left and right and ponykind was unable to keep up. The chemical and biological mutations eventually wiped out all of the population, leaving the Earth to right what was wronged.

Ponies have begun to re-populate the Earth from scratch, unknowing of their ancestor's past.

For now.

That's... basically what I could come up with on the spot.

SO YEAH. Do you think I should go ahead with the idea? :blush:

Keanu Reeves meme moment: perhaps it can be of Celestia's/Luna's time period, yet THEY repopulated the earth from a previous history?

Jokes aside, that'd be a pretty cool plot line.

Keanu Reeves meme moment: perhaps it can be of Celestia's/Luna's time period, yet THEY repopulated the earth from a previous history?

Jokes aside, that'd be a pretty cool plot line.

XD Conspiracy Keanu meme thing? Anywho, thank you! C: I've been thinking of it for a long time but I never really had the time/confidence to give it a good go.

Sounds great! Me gusta long reads!

And if you need a proofreader, I'll be happy to do it.

Yo quiero ver esto antes que lo pongas en otro citio como FimFiction.

^Place into Google Translate^

• Brohoof 1

Sounds great! Me gusta long reads!

And if you need a proofreader, I'll be happy to do it.

Yo quiero ver esto antes que lo pongas en otro citio como FimFiction.

^Place into Google Translate^

Attempt to translate without Google: ... FimFiction

With Google: I want to see this before you put it in another middle shelf as FimFiction.

And, I would be happy to let you see it before I post it somewhere! I'll likely be putting it here, though. If it does (somehow) become popular, I would like to at least be able to say or hear people say, "It was first published on MLP Forums..." :P

Do you have a Gmail account? I'm writing it in a Google Document. If so, we could communicate that way!

Attempt to translate without Google: ... FimFiction

With Google: I want to see this before you put it in another middle shelf as FimFiction.

And, I would be happy to let you see it before I post it somewhere! I'll likely be putting it here, though. If it does (somehow) become popular, I would like to at least be able to say or hear people say, "It was first published on MLP Forums..." :P

Do you have a Gmail account? I'm writing it in a Google Document. If so, we could communicate that way!

I have hotmail, not Gmail. I can make a gmail if it's easier that way, or you could just send it here:

mariojosecarrasquel.s@hotmail.com (old email, don't care if name is exposed :P)

And it actually translates to "I want to see this before you put it in some other place like FimFiction." Remind me to sue Google. :angry:

• Brohoof 1

I have hotmail, not Gmail. I can make a gmail if it's easier that way, or you could just send it here:

mariojosecarrasquel.s@hotmail.com (old email, don't care if name is exposed :P)

And it actually translates to "I want to see this before you put it in some other place like FimFiction." Remind me to sue Google. :angry:

I'll see what I can do! :D And I'll keep your e-mail in mind, of course!

OHHHHHHHHH XD Okay, that makes more sense. Yeah, Google translations are not the most reputable X3

Lots of OC fics at fimfiction.net and ponyfictionarchive.net.

There doesn't seem to be a place on this forum to post links to fan-fictions, though! It should have its own section.

(My mistake. It's in another section.)

Edited by Shagbark
  • Brohoof 1

Do it! I plan on writing one in the near future, as well :lol:

No, I don't think having an all OC cast would affect people's opinions of it much. There are plenty of popular stories on FiMFiction/EQD that are OC-based.

Nor do I think length would have too much bearing on its popularity. Only the most impatient people will overlook a long story, especially if it's good.

And I'd love to be on your advance-reading/pre-reader list. I have no experience with such things, but I like to think I'm quite good with grammar and such :P

• Brohoof 1

Do it! I plan on writing one in the near future, as well :lol:

No, I don't think having an all OC cast would affect people's opinions of it much. There are plenty of popular stories on FiMFiction/EQD that are OC-based.

Nor do I think length would have too much bearing on its popularity. Only the most impatient people will overlook a long story, especially if it's good.

And I'd love to be on your advance-reading/pre-reader list. I have no experience with such things, but I like to think I'm quite good with grammar and such :P

Well, sure! C: My Document is only open to those who have a link. I shall send you one in a private message if you'd like to ready it so far. CX

If/when you ever start yours, I would also LOVE love love to read it @___@ I already love your style in our group RP

Well, sure! C: My Document is only open to those who have a link. I shall send you one in a private message if you'd like to ready it so far. CX

If/when you ever start yours, I would also LOVE love love to read it @___@ I already love your style in our group RP

Oh, of course. My gmail is, unsurprisingly: mastercombine@gmail.com

And thank you! I'll definitely let you know once I have anything of note written. I have probably what amounts to about half of a prologue written, but I have yet to flesh the idea out as much as I'd like to, so things are subject to change.

Regardless, I look forward to reading yours :)