Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Pony Merchandise?

ninay

Hello every pony!

I was wondering what is the best pony toys to purchase? I was thinking about picking up a few of the pony pops (especially Mrs Cake's cake shoppe) and the mini figures and apple jacks barn. BUT I'm really on edge about getting the brushables only because Hasbro does a lazy job with them. What do you guys think?

Also, any reccomendations of merch from independent toy makers (storeenvy, etsy, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.  :lol:  I'm also still new to the MLP fandom so input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by ninay
  • Brohoof 1

4de, currently releasing new pony plushes makes the best quality plushes that are show accurate on a mass produced scale. I really like them and have twilight which I absoultely love and am awaiting rainbow dash. You can find pinkie pie and twilight on Amazon but the new ones are shipping in about a week. They have a bad track record of taking forever to get their product out though so we'll see.

Welcome to the fandom as well!

Edited by alpinefroggy
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoy collecting the Funko vinyl figures and mystery boxes, brushables, and the mini figures. I like the brushables myself but I can understand how someone that prefers very show accurate merch would not be impressed with them. I really love the Apple Family FiM minifigure collection. The barn looks cool and the set with Applejack actually includes her hat!

If it's show-accurate merch your looking for I think the Funko vinyl statues would be your best bet. They generally aren't too pricey and are more like the show than the brushables (though the brushables are cheaper). There are definitely some imperfections (Cutie Mark only one side, and sometimes slightly off colors) but they've been getting better recently.

Welcome to the fandom and the joys of merch collecting! Feel free to message me anytime if you want to talk about collecting merch and good luck in your search  :)

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say that the best pony merch is the funko vinyl figures. They're big, beautiful, accurate, and just all around really impressive. As for plushies, I would say the 4DE plushies are definitely my favorite. The patterns are awesome and they're made to last. I have a Pinkie Pie from a few years ago, and just ordered a Rarity one that I hope will be here soon because I'm sure she's going to be just as great quality as my Pinkie :3

• Brohoof 1

I don't get why people are saying Funkos are high quality.  Their quality is pretty much on par with your run of the mill blind bag.  They look nice from about five feet away, but look closer you'll see sloppy paintwork, dirt, and noticable gaps.  If you're going to get a Funko, get one in person, so that way you can pick out the one with the least flaws. The Mystery Minis may be better but I can't say for sure, since I don't really collect Funkos.

If space and cost is an issue, blind bags are the way to go.  If you need to ID them in the bag, just go to Strawberry Reef. They have a reference guide for blind bags with the codes.  G4 brushables also don't take up much space and aren't too expensive, although they don't have them on sale too often.  Currently, my favorite G4s are the Fashion Styles, since they're a good size, the hair is nicer, and they come with outfits.  They're kind of pricey though, about the same as a Funko. As far as plushes go, Build a Bears are a really good value for money, since they're pretty big and usually go on sale right before a new release. 4DE are very nice for the price, but they only have Pinkie and Twilight now, and they've been promising new releases for the past two years.

• Brohoof 1

Ahh, thanks everypony. When I saw the funkos mystery minis for the first time I was in awe with how detailed they were and accurate. I'm a huge funko fan so I'm not surprised you ponies recommended funko. But yeah, I

m starting to give the brushables a chance. I really want the power ponies set and I already have the maniac mayhem! And I just bought 4 blind bag ponies today! I'll definitely give funkos ponies a try though. I've been hesitant with buying them because I know their big ponies have some flaws but I guess you just gotta get passes that. :D

Most of my merch consists of bling bags. They're cheap, don't take up too much space, and simply easy to collect. I've been able to find them at a good handful of places, including the local grocery store.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

She's one of the best plushie maker, even Lauren Faust bought her OC from White Dove :-)

Shes amazing! She was probably one of the first plush makers to start making pony plush at a quality level. Definitely inspired me to start making plushies. That "Fausticorn" was actually a gift to Lauren :)