Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted I can't find what is wrong (other than the obvious) with my sketch

MoltenKitten

I decided to try to make a pony on my pc for practice and this is as far as I got before I realized it is horrid

HDOHzEl.png

Now I know the eyes need fixing but something else is also making me freak out but I can't tell what. Help me find out. Also help me fix the whole thing and finish it.

I'm no artist, but here's what I think.

The ears need to be moved upward and made larger, and the eyes either need to be larger or they need to be further back.

Examples:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/4/46/Double_Diamond_ID_S5E2.png/revision/latest?cb=20150410093859

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/b/bd/Trouble_Shoes_ID_S5E6.png/revision/latest?cb=20150502191527

On Double Diamond, the eartips are slightly above the crown of his head(though not above his mane), and there is only a small gap between his eyes and his ears

On Trouble Shoes, the ears are quite a bit higher than the crown, and there is almost no space between his eyes and ears.

The only other thing I see is that you've left the chest unfinished to the point where the legs have nowhere to attach.

Edit: Might also be that the legs are too long. Not sure.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Storm Lantern

I'm not sure what is part of your style and design but the ears are too small and the muzzle is too boxy, the back/rump area is too flat, chest is not round/big enough, legs too long, eyes too circular, should be more oval 

• 5 weeks later...

I think the main thing that stands out to me are the eyes. They need to be more oval rather than a perfect circle. There's quite a few MLP eye reference guides on deviant art which are incredibly useful.

The main thing here is to keep at it :)