Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Black Friday 2015

Light Diamond

I'll be inside filling out more job applications. I think I might have to pick up my graduation gown tomorrow, but that will be the only time I'll be out. People be crazy in my town.

We don't have Black Friday in Australia (At least not that I know of. Some stores probably do it, but it's not common), and I'm glad in some aspect because I hear that some even die from the chaos of people clamouring to get their desired product.

capitalism at its finest

Edited by Holiday on the Moon
  • Brohoof 2

I personally think that Black Friday is a stain on humanity.  Well, there's nothing wrong with big sales a popular shopping day, but when people get trampled and killed over it, that's probably the most disgusting, humiliating, and lowest point that humanity can go.  At least it seems to be much less crazy now than some years ago.  I guess we have online shopping to thank for that.  My city actually started a little campaign to try to encourage people to skip Black Friday and get outdoors and hike and stuff.  Unfortunately the plan kind of flopped when it turned out that the high temperature tomorrow is going to in the teens.  :(  (I can't wait until my family and I can move south of The Wall again...)

• Brohoof 2

Black Friday gets a really bad reputation, but I love Black Friday. The sales, the excitement of staying up until the store opens... My fam and I use to go every year. It's almost like a tradition! I've never been hurt on Black Friday. Most people are pretty civil, believe it or not.

Unfortunately, I'm too poor atm to even consider going somewhere tomorrow. ): Maybe next year!

What's Black Friday?

Anyway, don't celebrate it here in NZ..but in Singapore, the whole shopping centre was Chocoblock!

So.. I'm going to pray for the people who have to deal with it.

My mother goes to Black Friday in the States every year, mostly for Christmas shopping, but I've never gone, and don't plan to. I just don't see the point of getting involved in all that craziness. I prefer Canadian Black Friday, which is slightly less awesome in terms of deals, but which never has long lines or crazy mobs and still allows us Canadians to indulge in a some decent sales prices. Well, that and I've come to prefer online shopping anyways, and am looking forward to Cyber Monday, which I'm pretty sure Amazon honours even on this side of the border.

There might be some nice videogame deals anyways. The only pony stuff I'm looking to acquire in the immediate future is graphic novels, but I doubt those will go on sale, so we'll see. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are more about impulse buys for me so I don't really plan my purchases in advance beyond speculating whether such and such is going to be on sale.

Just got back and it honestly wasn't as bad as I expected. I live in a small town, so I guess that's the reason. It was obviously really crowded, but I was able to nonchalantly grab the stuff that I wanted and leave.

Black Friday gets a really bad reputation

It merits the bad rep that it gets.

Nothing to really compel me this year. I have, like, everything. Lol. Although I found out I will eventually need to upgrade my oboe, and I still want an English horn... I wouldn't do that without my oboe teacher's advice.

I came back from shopping in the morning. It was quick since I wanted a PS4 bundle and PSN cards xD

I'm safe and back home too. Thank goodness

Add my PSN home slice:

Cynthia-Roses

• 4 years later...