Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long does friendship games take after Rainbow Rocks?

ShadowSJG

I was wondering how long does it take place after Rainbow Rocks. In a chapter book called Sunset Shimmers time to shin which I presume is after Rainbow Rocks, it says uniforms are needed for next years Friendship games, and I read that the Friendship Games happen every four years. So is Friendship Games a year after Rainbow rocks?

That would make sense. I think RR takes place near the beginning of the school year, and the Friendship Games seems like something that would happen near the end of the school year. So I deduce it would have to be the next year, otherwise they would have been talking about and preparing for it in RR. Which begs the question, why has no one graduated?  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

That would make sense. I think RR takes place near the beginning of the school year, and the Friendship Games seems like something that would happen near the end of the school year. So I deduce it would have to be the next year, otherwise they would have been talking about and preparing for it in RR. Which begs the question, why has no one graduated?  :huh:

Wait so are you saying that Rainbow rocks is the beginning of of their senior year and Friendship games later into it? How long is Rainbow Rocks after the first movie?

It was the Fall Formal in EG1. And it's hinted strongly, but not directly confirmed that this Fall Formal when Sunset stole Princess Twilight's crown was Sunset's 4th. (Possibly her senior year. Key word: Possibly.)The photos of Sunset winning the crown going from sweet to maniacal laughter are strong evidence of that. Though it's possible one of photos is actually from the mentioned, but not seen Spring Fling, so you could argue Sunset might not be in Senior year.

Megan McCarthy did say in the Rainbow Rocks Commentary that RR takes place 6 months after EQ1. So, RR most likely happened during Spring. (Possibly Sunset Shimmer's Senior Spring Semester, (say that 5 times fast) :P  )

As for between RR and FG, it's still debatable. They never specified how long it's been since the Battle of the Bands.  :huh:

The "4 years" things was probably chosen from a writing perspective so that even if Sunset has been in Canterlot High for a full 4 years, the chances of her having encountering the Crystal Prep students (and especially, Human Twilight) before Friendship Games would be: never.

I think it is like this:

EQG: Beginning of the year / autumn

RR: about a half year after EQG / spring

FF: a few months after RR / still spring but right before the summer vacation

And in all these movies the girls are in their junior year (yes, even Sunset).

Edited by Fluidty

I think it is like this:

EQG: Beginning of the year / autumn

RR: about a half year after EQG / spring

FF: a few months after RR / still spring but right before the summer vacation

And in all these movies the girls are in their junior year (yes, even Sunset).

I agree with that time placement but I think its in senior year. Didn't Pinkie say that Sunset won the fall formal 3 years in a row or something?

I agree with that time placement but I think its in senior year. 

But it would not make sense if it is their senior year. Why should Sci transfer to another high school at the end of her last high school year?

Edited by Fluidty