Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Having an issue getting onto Poniarcade server

Bloodyrainbows

Hello, I am quite new here on the mlpforums and I've been looking for an answer to an issue I'm having. I try to log onto the server and get this, "Java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information:". I have seen 'Ductape' :), but I don't know if the server is active and when it will be active, I would like to join but I'm not sure why I am unable to. If the server is down is there any way to check if the server is up? Thank you.

Edited by bloodyraibows

Hello, I am quite new here on the mlpforums and I've been looking for an answer to an issue I'm having. I try to log onto the server and get this, "Java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information:". I have seen 'Ductape' :), but I don't know if the server is active and when it will be active, I would like to join but I'm not sure why I am unable to. If the server is down is there any way to check if the server is up? Thank you.

I ran into that issue a bit, when I was still online. Do you have any sort of firewall or filtering system coming through your network?

could you try to connect now please? the server may have been down at that time, if not do you get this issues on other server's?

Sorry for not responding sooner. I try logging in from 4:00 PM to 10:00PM EST. I made sure Windows firewall has an exception for it and I still got the issue. I'm going to try a few more ideas but so far nothing has worked.

Never mind, I found the issue. I had to enter a new rule to windows firewall, even though I had the Java and application given a bypass.

• Brohoof 3

I can't get in now either. Says "bungee 1.8" "server out of date"

Your current profile is set to automatically use the latest version. Version 1.9 came out about a week ago, and this server is still using the 1.8 family, so you need to downgrade from within the Minecraft launcher in order to access the server. Click "New Profile", and under "Use Version:" change it to "Release 1.8.9". Click "OK" and you should be all set, as long as this profile is selected whenever you want to join the server. Sometime in the future the server will update to 1.9, but this is likely months in the future.

• Brohoof 1

Your current profile is set to automatically use the latest version. Version 1.9 came out about a week ago, and this server is still using the 1.8 family, so you need to downgrade from within the Minecraft launcher in order to access the server. Click "New Profile", and under "Use Version:" change it to "Release 1.8.9". Click "OK" and you should be all set, as long as this profile is selected whenever you want to join the server. Sometime in the future the server will update to 1.9, but this is likely months in the future.

thanks a bunch! Now I can play!

• Brohoof 1

it means the server hasnt updated to 1.9 yet,

when you start MC you need to go to edit profile at the bottom left and change the version to 1.8.9.

you wont be able to join with a 1.9 MC

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I can't seem to join either, getting java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: play.poniarcade.com/142.4.205.228:25565​

please help, I'd really like to play on the server.

btw, I WOULD make a thread for this but I'm not allowed since I literally just joined the forum to ask for help with this issue

ps, when I try to connect to just the ip and not the address, the game output says it's connecting to manehattan.poniverse.net, maybe that's related? I mean, it shouldn't be because that's just two domains pointing at the same IP, but I'm desperate.

pps, I've read that this error tends to be related to joining the wrong port, but I highly doubt the server would use one different from the standard 25565

Edited by druid24

(edited)

I am indeed. as you can see in the error message I posted, it also succesfully redirects me to an ip, with the default :25565 attached to it. I also tried connecting to that ip, which the game somehow linked to manehattan.poniverse.net. I tried connecting to that as well, and the game output told me that linked me to the same ip again.

ps. I've also tried other servers, that hasn't given me any issues.

​key words bolded for convenience and readability

Ca00KD1.png

Here's an image that might help, and if anyone could tell me how to insert a spoiler then that'd be A+

Edited by druid24

I was able to recreate this issue using the IP you listed:  142.4.205.228:25565

This does seem to redirect to Manehattan as you stated above, which is not us.  Try using the above two IPs that Aleh posted or only:  play.poniarcade.com

The most common way to connect to our server doesn't need to use numerical IP addresses like most connections.

bungee.poniverse.net worked, thanks!

I was able to recreate this issue using the IP you listed:  142.4.205.228:25565

This does seem to redirect to Manehattan as you stated above, which is not us.  Try using the above two IPs that Aleh posted or only:  play.poniarcade.com

The most common way to connect to our server doesn't need to use numerical IP addresses like most connections.

I used play.poniarcade.com, THAT redirected me to 142.4.205.288:25565. if that is not the IP of the server then maybe someone should look into it.

bungee.poniverse.net worked, thanks!

I used play.poniarcade.com, THAT redirected me to 142.4.205.288:25565. if that is not the IP of the server then maybe someone should look into it.

Are you doing something like pinging the host to get the actual IP and then connecting directly to the IP? If so, that won't work with the trick we're using with play.poniarcade.com in order to host both Minecraft and other game servers on the same hostname. (SRV records)

(edited)

Are you doing something like pinging the host to get the actual IP and then connecting directly to the IP? If so, that won't work with the trick we're using with play.poniarcade.com in order to host both Minecraft and other game servers on the same hostname. (SRV records)

nope, I just put play.poniarcade.com into the server IP box in my minecraft client. the numerical IP showed up in the error message, as shown in the image I posted earlier.

In fact, that image also shows that I attempted to connect to play.poniarcade.com.

Edited by druid24

• 9 months later...