Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fall of the Kingdom

Novaburst

Discord shrugged his shoulders.

That's how it always is. Everything that is good for you tastes awful. Everything harmonious looks awful.  I am glad that at least somepony shares my point of view. However, I guess if there was an element of logic, perhaps it would look as an impossible triangle? At least it would be somewhat acceptable. But if you really want...

In a clip of his fingers, he shrank and became a collar with his head as the jewel.

Behold! You are now the element of chaos! Hehehe... Try it out. While you are wearing me, you can control some of my powers...

"I guess to put it simply, everything harmonious is powerful. But looks bloody awful." I grinned at the new collar. "You look great, Element of Chaos! Assuming your magic works how I think it does, then it should be as simple as..."

Within a moment, I was an alicorn. And somewhere in the distance some poor pony had just turned into a pancake.

"Magic is almost alive. All those poor thaumic particals want is to change things and cause chaos, but harmonious 'magic' burns some of them up to control it. It figures that chaos is more about suggesting what they can do, and as long as it's mad enough it works. That, or I just missed everything important."

@@Ethan Sawyer

Discord started to laugh.

Hehehe. Quite nice. You shall be named  Scarlet, the Pancake princess. It is just as simple as that because I read your thoughts and then execute the magic-making trick. So, I'm in some sort the safety watcher. Don't want for Spike to get angry at us, don't we?

Discord started to laugh.

Hehehe. Quite nice. You shall be named  Scarlet, the Pancake princess. It is just as simple as that because I read your thoughts and then execute the magic-making trick. So, I'm in some sort the safety watcher. Don't want for Spike to get angry at us, don't we?

"I believe you mean safety buffer. You wouldn't want me suddenly changing the laws of chaos so I'm the spirit instead." I smirked. "Then again, that wouldn't work. Everything conforms to rules. Even chaos. you might wanna change me back though, last time I had wings I ended up killing a few ponies."

(edited)

@@Ethan Sawyer

Sadly, everything is held by rules. Such is the nature of the universe. Chaos is the act of using those rules to find loopholes in them and to give the illusion of their non-existence. By using extremely strong magic...

Discord yawned.

Also, a spirit of chaos is only a title given by the former alicorn rulers to try to explain my persona. The powers don't come with it. I was once born too you know. But nopony needs to know about that. I like when ponies think I'm an ethereal all-mighty being from some other dimensions. Maybe one day my ego will grow so big I will be able to materialise it into a gold statue of myself. Hehehe.

He reverted back to his natural form.

Well, If you are done playing, I might as well.

He snapped his tail and the wings were gone.

Edited by Missklang

The ponies that were near Flash looked at him.  "The Element of Laughter is dead. Why should we be sunshine and rainbows? She's been dead for over 200 years,  or more."    As they said that,  all the ponies would join forces... to attack Flash. 

----------

The element of loyalty,  Steel would notice a set of four doors near him. 

"One leads to your old friends,  the ones you made before now. If you go through, you can save them. Through the other door,  you can save your current friends.  The third door leads to Twilight Sparkle, you may battle her if you wish. As for the Fourth,  you can save both sets of friends but it will cost you your sword to open. Which path do you choose?"

Also, a spirit of chaos is only a title given by the former alicorn rulers to try to explain my persona. The powers don't come with it. I was once born too you know. But nopony needs to know about that.

"I thought that was rather obvious to be honest. As we both know, everything must conform to rules. And when something does not fit any pre-existing rules there are two paths. Realise there is a rule you didn't know about and accept it, or do what every alicorn ever has done and deny that it could be random and try to give a name to it."

He reverted back to his natural form.

Well, If you are done playing, I might as well.

He snapped his tail and the wings were gone.

"Well. That was fun."

Steel would suddenly find himself in a room with several ponies.  Each of the ponies wore the Element of Loyalty around their neck,  previous bearers.  "You have passed the test of Loyalty,  Steel. By being willing to journey with new friends to protect your old ones,  you have proven you've the heart of a loyal warrior.  While we cannot restore your Element of Harmony, your loyalty has touched us. "   Each raised a hoof and pointed at him... a gold necklace that would have an empty slot for a gem stone materializing around his neck.   "This is the casing for the Element of Loyalty. Reforge your Element when you can." 

----------

Spike flew over to Discord.  "Enough chaos for one day,  Discord. We don't want to draw the attention of Princess Twilight. "  Discord,  and likely Scarlett could tell that Spike was still weakened from the powerful spells that he had cast earlier.   As Spike said that,  he'd fall out of the sky because the earlier spells had really drained his magical reserves. Of course the fact he hadn't slept at ALL on the way towards the old city of Canterlot hadn't helped matters.  Given that he didn't want Twilight to find out about his plans,  it was somewhat of a good thing he hadn't slept.  But still,  it had taxed him.    "A little help...?"  asked Spike as he tarted to plummet to his death. 

Spike flew over to Discord.  "Enough chaos for one day,  Discord. We don't want to draw the attention of Princess Twilight. "  Discord,  and likely Scarlett could tell that Spike was still weakened from the powerful spells that he had cast earlier.   As Spike said that,  he'd fall out of the sky because the earlier spells had really drained his magical reserves. Of course the fact he hadn't slept at ALL on the way towards the old city of Canterlot hadn't helped matters.  Given that he didn't want Twilight to find out about his plans,  it was somewhat of a good thing he hadn't slept.  But still,  it had taxed him.    "A little help...?"  asked Spike as he tarted to plummet to his death. 

"Hey, you probably shouldn't be-" I said just before Spike began to fall. "Flying..."

I wrapped him in a magical field in an attempt to stop him falling, but due to the size of the fully grown dragon I was trying to hold all I did was slow him down slightly. Enough to let him survive, but not without some pain. "Discord?"

@Novaburst

Gale's eyes widened as Spike fell and dove for him. "I got him." She said, before getting under the fully grown dragon and catching him. The dragoness then slowly descended to the ground.

Blitz came out of the trial with the swords and his element in tow. "Good news. We got more than just necklaces now." He said, bedore he noticed Spike's current condition. The bat pony slowly approached and looked him over. "He probably just needs some rest and food. Other than that, he may have to sit back for a while."

Gale's eyes widened as Spike fell and dove for him. "I got him." She said, before getting under the fully grown dragon and catching him. The dragoness then slowly descended to the ground.

I released my magical hold on the fully-grown dragon that had almost just died. And much to my surprise, I was not panting due to magical exhaustion. Hey Discord, it seems the elements so offer a form of ownership boost.

Blitz came out of the trial with the swords and his element in tow. "Good news. We got more than just necklaces now." He said, bedore he noticed Spike's current condition. The bat pony slowly approached and looked him over. "He probably just needs some rest and food. Other than that, he may have to sit back for a while."

"This is magical exhaustion. He should probably take charged gems instead of normal gems."

@@Ethan Sawyer

Well, that is quite simple.

Discord looked at the unicorn.

You surely know that gems and crystals can hold magic and magical energy, no? Well, those particular crystals in the most highly-powerfull artefacts hold so much power, that they can give it to you if you are in need of it without fully discharging themselves. Let's just say that the crystal acts as an additional source of magical energy too. That's why you don't have any kind of magical exhaustion.

He smiled.

However, if it were to give all it's magic to you, it would be useless after that. That's why it probably have some safety enchantments that prevent complete power usage. So, basically, the artefact itself can in some way get tired from extensive use and need to rest to recover magic, see? But for such minor things like enforcing of basic spells, it got plenty enough to lend you a hoof. Too bad Spike didn't had one when making the summoning spell...

You surely know that gems and crystals can hold magic and magical energy, no? Well, those particular crystals in the most highly-powerfull artefacts hold so much power, that they can give it to you if you are in need of it without fully discharging themselves. Let's just say that the crystal acts as an additional source of magical energy too. That's why you don't have any kind of magical exhaustion.

However, if it were to give all it's magic to you, it would be useless after that. That's why it probably have some safety enchantments that prevent complete power usage. So, basically, the artefact itself can in some way get tired from extensive use and need to rest to recover magic, see? But for such minor things like enforcing of basic spells, it got plenty enough to lend you a hoof. Too bad Spike didn't had one when making the summoning spell...

"Ahh! So it does work how I think it did. It's basically just a larger external equivalent of a pony's internal magic storage. Except it has some safeguards for obvious reasons. So as long as it's got a tiny bit of magic in it, it can eventually regenerate itself."