Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue: Trailer Discussion!

Saroth

(edited)

HYPE TRAIN INCOMING:

Gotta love that redundant title.

Anyway, Aqua and Birth By Sleep 0.2 as a whole are looking fantastic, especially the spells and animations. Comparing what we see here which is pretty much a KH3 demo to what we saw in 2013, Kingdom Hearts III has come a long way graphically! I don't expect 0.2 to be a long game, as we only see 2 locations in this trailer. I'm expecting about 1-2 hours of playtime.

Back Cover also looks very interesting (and beautiful), even though I haven't personally played Unchained X yet. Always good to add more lore to an already complicated series that already has about 8 games in it!

All joking aside, Kingdom Hearts II.8 is looking fresh, and makes me wish KH3 would come sooner. (Oh, Dream Drop Distance is in it too)

Side note: You know a game is going to take forever to launch when they need a release date for the release date.

Edited by Saroth
  • Brohoof 2

They've said that BBS 0.2 isn't going to be any larger than a single world in the other games but from the looks of it it'll be a hell of a ride regardless.

Have they mentioned if the DDD in this is going to be an updated version with new things or just the same exact game as the 3DS original?

I've been saying it since the first reveal but that Heartless Swarm thing looks amazing. <3

They've said that BBS 0.2 isn't going to be any larger than a single world in the other games but from the looks of it it'll be a hell of a ride regardless. Have they mentioned if the DDD in this is going to be an updated version with new things or just the same exact game as the 3DS original?

This is part of why I am so not interested in it. 0.2 is more or less throwing in "something" to make it worth more than buying DDD again and some cutscenes from Chained.

Also there is no confirmation that DDD will be any different. Literally I don't see the point in this re-release, to get me excited for KH3 you have to have some kind of evidence that it's coming out in this lifetime, and KH 2.8 is just a way to hold people over by giving them the same exact game we've already been given. I can't hype myself for this unless it's like $20 in which case it's a nice improvement, but for $60? I can't justify such a purchase.

@@Key Sharkz,

I can think of a couple reasons. For one thing, so they can have all of the KH games on console instead of scattered across the entire gaming landscape.

And I imagine the 0.2 is going to work like Episode Duscae for Final Fantasy XV. It gives the players a chance to test it out, and the developer can alter it depending on feedback.

@@Discordian, So long as you're okay with having to have a PS3 AND a PS4 (possibly even the PS4.5 or PS5 if KH3 doesn't hurry up). :P

That being said I like the graphical improvement for 0.2, but to be 100% honest... It's not really as impressive as I had hoped... The Character model for Aqua still feels rather low res. Like I am hoping that KH3 ups the anti a bit because the environment with the 60FPS and all that is great, but such a poorly animated model can really pull away from the experience.

Square Enix used to be KNOWN for pushing graphical capabilities to their limit with gorgeous games, it is kind of sad that they have more or less given up on that...

I'm not seeing the problem, honestly. Kingdom Hearts has always opted for artstyle over graphics. It just happens to also look like really high end graphics at the same time. This is an obvious transition and it still looks good enough to me.

It is a little weird that this one is PS4 and the others aren't but at the same time we all know it's because of 0.2 itself. I imagine they'll PSN the other ones eventually.

I'm not seeing the problem, honestly. Kingdom Hearts has always opted for artstyle over graphics. It just happens to also look like really high end graphics at the same time. This is an obvious transition and it still looks good enough to me.

Well not "entirely" true. Remember the pre-rendered scenes at the start and end of KH2? They were by far the best looking graphics on the PS2 at the time.

Well not "entirely" true. Remember the pre-rendered scenes at the start and end of KH2? They were by far the best looking graphics on the PS2 at the time.

Oh absolutely but that couldn't be achieved in-game at the time. It's far easier to create a cutscene like that than gameplay. That's why they've always put stuff like that in the games. Now that gameplay is catching up with that there will be a lot less distinction between those cutscenes and the main game.

Oh absolutely but that couldn't be achieved in-game at the time.

It could now though, and that is more of what I was hoping for sadly. :c

It could now though, and that is more of what I was hoping for sadly. :c

It would still be incredibly difficult to do. There's a lot of processing power required for it. The PS4 probably couldn't do it, though a high end PC easily could.

It would still be incredibly difficult to do. There's a lot of processing power required for it. The PS4 probably couldn't do it, though a high end PC easily could.

IDK, I guess I'd have to see what they were proposing before I would believe the PS4 couldn't handle it, you know?

IDK, I guess I'd have to see what they were proposing before I would believe the PS4 couldn't handle it, you know?

From what I've seen the PS4 in general isn't as much of a god machine that Sony or the consumers want it to be. We're still early yet in the generation so there's still plenty of room for the console to show what it can do of course.

From what I've seen the PS4 in general isn't as much of a god machine that Sony or the consumers want it to be. We're still early yet in the generation so there's still plenty of room for the console to show what it can do of course.

Yeah, that and we DO have the Neo updated hardware for it coming out, when we see what that is capable of it might shed some light.

Yeah, that and we DO have the Neo updated hardware for it coming out, when we see what that is capable of it might shed some light.

The eternal downside is that they still aren't doing anything to match PC's best. I'm not even a PC gamer and I still think they could go a long way in making a console that could at least do that and let the developers decide if they want to use the full power.

WELP. THIS TRAILER HAS PUT ME IN A KINGDOM HEARTS MOOD. AGAIN.

Will I ever get tired of this series? I've probably played every game at least four times each. :P

I never did do all of the optional stuff in KH1 anyway. Time to fire up 1.5 Remix.

• Brohoof 1

WELP. THIS TRAILER HAS PUT ME IN A KINGDOM HEARTS MOOD. AGAIN.

Will I ever get tired of this series? I've probably played every game at least four times each. :P

I never did do all of the optional stuff in KH1 anyway. Time to fire up 1.5 Remix.

Behold and bask in the glory, and by the way it's a nightmare getting this damn thing.

post-23806-0-41656100-1465667584_thumb.png

KH DDD is the only game I never played in the series. I would like a lot to play it, especially since there are The World Ends With You characters in it!  ^_^

And this Aqua gameplay is really beautiful. She had a very special way of fighting in BBS, and it's good to see her again!  :D

Not really interested in the Back Cover part however.  :wat:  Perhaps I will find it cool if it shows more about the Keyblade war area.

A lot of people keep asking if the first 2 sets will come to Xbox, and if this will come to Xbox, and the short answer is: 99.9% unlikely.

The long answer is:

Sony helped publish KH 1 and 2, so they have a contract with Square Enix for exclusivity to those games. Square Enix can't release them on any other platform unless they re-negotiate their contract with Sony, and since Sony is doing so well right now, it's doubtful that they will allow said games to move to their competitor's systems. It's more likely to see them ported to PS4 than it is to see them come to Xbox One.

Because of this, it's VERY unlikely that 2.8 will come to Xbox because it would be pointless to release 1 and none of the others. Xbox users at this point will be lucky that they get KH3 but that's about all they can hope for. The Xbox platform has never done well in Japan, so naturally a Japanese game is not appealing to it.